1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Well it's pretty clear why Rudy had benched Nachbar

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by robbie380, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

One can not make a realistic judgement on a player based on just a few minutes played in a game where the entire team was playing like crap..

secondly, it also isnt fair to say he has no defense...I watched specifically to see if he got blew by or if he managed to stay with his man when he was defending..I seem to recall he didnt play matador defense, which some have accused SF of doin...
    I dont have the tape here at work, but I would gladly go find the spots when Boki played and check to see if he looked as bad as you say...but I dont recall seeing it..

Point....give the kid a break, he isnt the kind of player who is gonna come in and dominate a team like the Mavs when he hasnt been on the court all season...geez...sometimes I think you guys b**** just to hear yourselves b****..

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Look, I am not the biggest Rudy fan, but this thread is clearly about the insanity of Nachbar. Everyone thinks because this guy is European he is going to be the next thing. I will give Rudy T the benefit of the doubt and agree that he just isn't ready. Hello?, the only reason he played is because we didn't have Eddie.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Off topic. Maybe this has been said elsewhere I didn't see. Does anybody know why Griffin had another DNP?

4. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Garbage time? On the one hand, part of me wants to admit that everything after the first quarter was garbage time for the Rockets.

Nevertheless, I don't think you saw the game after reading that comment.

5. edc

edc Contributing Member

htttp://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Rockets_200203_Injury_Report-55410-34.html

Eddie Griffin - strained back - day-to-day

6. Toast

Toast Member

Yeah, I noticed this too. He was getting ignored by his teammates on offense, and so he responded by ballhogging several times when he actually got his hands on the ball. I remember in the 2nd quarter where he was open a couple of times, was spotted by teammates, but was passed up. So on the other end, he grabbed a long rebound, dribbled to the freethrow line, ignoring his teammates, and had the ball stripped from him. This game isn't a good measure of the type of player Boki is or will be.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I'm not judging his whole game on this one game, and I'm not complaining because we lost. If we had won and Boki played I would still have made this thread. Also, yes Yao didn't play well in his 1st game but you still saw things in his game that showed he had a some real talent and that he just needed to adjust and get comfortable. Last night, I was just shocked at how far Boki looked from being a decent NBA player. You expect a player who has got nearly 0 minutes all season to be lost somewhat, but you also expect them to be busting their ass and doing whatever they can to show they should get more minutes. He just flat out looked slow, lost, inactive on offense, and very poor on defense to me. I keep repeating the same stuff over and over again because I feel like most people aren't even reading what I am saying. I didn't expect him to dominate or anything. I just expected something that was significantly better than what I saw. Certainly wasn't NBA ready...Boki is going to be a much bigger project than Yao.

Rockets2k....go back and look at Boki and tell me if my memory is just exaggerating his play because we lost or if he really did play that bad. It would be nice to get another look at things if I could, but since I can't it would be nice if you'd do it for me :D

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Thanks. I was too lazy to look. :eek: