1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Welcome Home Terrence Jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Feb 21, 2019.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

In before the T. Jones appreciation thread tomorrow.

2. biff17

biff17 Member

You have no idea what he is willing to do.

Is it that time of the month?

3. hakeemthagreat

Um sir, 95% of the NBA is flawed lol. Not sure what that means. The reason Faried didn't play w/ Brooklyn is because they're in a rebuilding mode. The league is about systems. MDA has a player friendly system that empowers players that have good instincts. Playing with Harden is great, but guys like CP that run the offense are what brings out players talent

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

It's great when you win both ways, right? Either your b'ball acumen is great, coz some of the Rockets really do suck like you insist; or your Rockets-red-blooded heart rejoices when they accidentally don't suck by accident!

I just wanna say, my basketball acumen tells me: the Rockets will not win--and I am very very smart in this--but if they do win, my heart will be happier than anyone else's, coz that's how much I love the Rockets, even the suck-a$$ ones.

Am I doing it the CF way?

coachbadlee likes this.
  5. amaru

amaru Member

I don’t see any reason to doubt cyberx’s info, especially since we know they went after Butler earlier in the year.

roslolian likes this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

generally speaking i don't have any reason to doubt cyberx either. but in this particular case there are a few reasons i cannot believe the butler story...

-- i don't think he's worth $35M, especially considering his injury history and that he'll already be ~34 late in that contract
    -- he's a good fit w/ harden defensively, but on offense he needs the ball to be effective and is not that great of a shooter to complement james
    -- the very reliable poster Nook has posted repeatedly that butler wants his own team and wants the hollywood bright lights ie NYC, MIA, LA etc
    -- if we give butler a MAX contract we'll have 4 players eating around $125M in salary, meaning major lux tax for tilman and heavy minutes for our 30yr old players b/c we'll probably have to surround them w/ mostly min contract players

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i can't buy the rebuilding mode story b/c they've had 3 other frontcourt players (ed davis, demarre carroll, jared dudley) all ahead of faried in the rotation and all even older than him. they've also been aiming to win and get in the playoffs and currently hold the 6th spot. faried's poor defensive instincts seem to be more the reason he was not given playing time both there and in denver

sirbaihu and saleem like this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

there surely is no specific CF way, but there is most definitely a sirbaihu way. we saw this for years where anyone who posted anything less than positive about mchale received a b****ing post from you littered with personal attacks galore. you simply cannot tolerate criticism of any part of the team and insist on having full control over this forum so you can feel happy everytime you log in.

sirbaihu likes this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this was perhaps the neato cool insult back in your middle school 40 years ago, but these days biff you just come across as a pathetic douche

sirbaihu likes this.
  10. fattz

fattz Member

Wow, just like last time, we need more than he is able to consistently produce. Like last time, only the best to him and his. I still hope he finds a place where he can make a living doing what he loves.

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yeah dude, I am approaching full control of this forum [evil laughter]. Impressed that the thought crossed your mind, but I don't see how the forum can be "controlled" by anyone but Clutch.

I don't really feel guilty at all about supporting any coach or player in the history of the Rockets, including Kevin McHale. Sorry.

P.S. I reiterate what I said in the last post: you try to act smart by calling Faried and Rivers "flawed players," but counter your easy sophistication with your "love of the Rockets" and so on. You hate on the players coz you love the team so bad! Damn dude. I either need to be smart enough to criticize the Rockets, or just love them enough to see their flaws, like you.

12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I also believe Butler is not a max contract. Good player, but often underwhelming. Right now, he is playing with a bunch of talented players in Philly, so maybe I'm discounting him a bit.

pippendagimp likes this.
  13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He shouldn't get more than his current 20 M.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

I agree but that has been Morey's dream all along, a team of as much Max guys as possible and vet mins. These are the two most under valued players in the L because Max players are capped at the max and vet mins are capped at their minimum salary so that's his vision now so we will most likely try to get Butler and then trade away every body else except CC, Cp3 and Harden for vet mins.

pippendagimp likes this.
  15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

of course you have no control over anything here you can't even control your own emotions, chasing after any post you disagree with like a rabid mutt. that's how you showed your 'support' for mchale, by over a period of years seeking out anyone who criticized his horrible coaching and attacking them personally. and of course mchale will never coach again due to his extreme ineptitude (not to mention unwarranted denigration of harden) so you really look the fool now.

and my calling faried and rivers flawed players is in no way hating on them. just a few days ago i posted that rivers has been great for us, great defensively for sure. but his shooting has been up and down his entire career. probably why he was dumped by the worst team in the league at age 26. he is a situational player who i don't believe should be given guaranteed minutes, but instead played in certain matchups. in the playoffs i hope he has some nice games for us, but he will have to hit open 3's to stay on the floor over the course of a long series. faried has played exceptional for us, but again opposing teams are going to go at him in a playoff series and i see him giving up easy buckets and/or getting into foul trouble more than we'd like to see.

sirbaihu likes this.
  16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

that model didn't work out as well as hoped for in MIA (they were supposed to win not 1, not 2, not 3... :D ) and those guys were all in their primes without really any other superteam to contend with. i hope morey opts for more roster balance and depth instead

sirbaihu likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We all agree that Milk Hair ain't a good coach. Les hired him for his charisma and his ability to talk to the media as opposed to Adelman who wasn't really good at talking to the media and so on.

The thing with McHale is he rarely stuck to what he was good at, maybe it's because of his bad leg or whatever injuries he suffered during his time as a player. And some misguidance in career choices after retirement as player.

I could have envisioned him as a personal coach for big men. Too bad he never considered.

#377 daywalker02, Mar 2, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    pippendagimp likes this.
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

2 rings and 4 Finals appearances in 4 years didn't work? That's 50% ring, 100% Finals appearance every year. I mean Rox only have 2 rings in more than 2 decades but ok.

Saying they didn't have a strong team.to contend with is a bit of a joke as Spurs, Boston and LA were at their prime during this time. Certainly Jordan Bulls had less competition.

biff17 likes this.
  19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Butler doesn't want to play in Houston. He wants to play in Tomball. **** him.

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I attack people personally? Aw, did your internet feelings get hurt back in the McHale days?
    Here are real personal attacks, made by the sensitive nice posters of CF:
    "Coach X should be fired."
    "This Rockets player is garbage."
    "Can we get rid of this guy?"
    That's real life, about real people, with real jobs. You cannot find one time I ever called a Rockets player trash or asked for anyone to be fired. Those are real people with real jobs whom you and I post about. If "pippendagimp" got his internet feelings hurt back in the McHale days, hey, at least no one is publicly calling him "flawed" at his job or calling for him to be fired.
    Hey man, I'll give you some "likes" and your internet feelings will feel better.
    Now, who else do you dislike on the team? Anyone you want fired?