1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We ain't got enough

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jan 4, 2018.

1. basketballholic

No on both the Jones. I know they can't help. Need to try somebody else.

lw17 likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Both Holmes and Noel have also played and produced under MDA so familiarity with system is huge plus. It would not take much to acquire Nerlens Noel from Dallas, he's coming off injury and he's been in Carlisle's dog house all season.

Mavs have devalued him to next to nothing. Noel backing up Clint and Nene would be a tremendous upgrade to Black and Onuaku. Defense (rim protection, switches and perimeter D) would improve immediately.

basketballholic likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

I wasn't asking for your permission.

4. basketballholic

I wasn't giving it either.

D-rock likes this.
  5. basketballholic

Hate it.

But we're done. Our goose is cooked. It's simply a matter of how many games. We may get a game. Maybe, possibly by some miracle, two. But we're toast. And I hate it. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it.

We cannot match their bigs.....period. We have no answer for Draymond. We don't have that guy that we can throw out there that will make him a stationary defender on the perimeter.

You saw it all last night. Draymond at the 5 matches up with Capela, a non-shooting one-dimensional offensive player. Now Draymond is hanging around the rim all game and able to help off on everybody. Durant is seven feet tall with a handle and we're throwing Tucker at him. He can post up in the paint and shoot over everybody.

We have no answers for that. None. And that's why we're done.

Might as well get ready for summer vacation because it's coming fast.

lw17 likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Ryan Anderson -Playoffs: 2.7 ---Season: 9.3 --- GAME 1: 0 <---- ******
    Trevor Ariza -Playoffs: 8.6 ---Season: 11.7 --- GAME 1: 8
    Clint Capela -Playoffs: 14.2 ---Season: 13.9 --- GAME 1: 12
    Eric Gordon -Playoffs: 13.1 ---Season: 18 --- GAME 1: 15
    Gerald Green -Playoffs: 6.3 ---Season: 12.1 --- GAME 1: 6
    Luc MBah Moute -Playoffs: 3.3 ---Season: 7.5 --- GAME 1: 0 <---- ******
    NeNE -Playoffs: 2.8 ---Season: 6.5 --- GAME 1: 0 <---- ******
    PJ TUcker -Playoffs: 8.3 ---Season: 6.1 --- GAME 1: 3 <---- ******
    Chris Paul -Playoffs: 21.9 ---Season: 18.6 --- GAME 1: 23
    James Harden -Playoffs: 29.6 ---Season: 30.4 --- GAME 1: 41

If I role Players play their regular season averages. . . we win
    Even their play off averages

Rocket River

topfive likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

But that's not the Rockets best version, we might still come up short but let's play much better Defense while going down!

Sorry, we can't just give up, that's just lame.

ReignSupreme and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Regular season does not matter, Warriors play much better in the Playoffs, in the WCs and Finals than regular season.

I agree though, we must win at least 2 games! For Lebron or another Allstar. All is not lost!

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol of course this dummy is going to bump this thread and try to toot his own horn. gtfoh fake fan

DG was far from the reason the rockets lost last night.

10. Soneca

Soneca Member

This is not on Capela. Draymond Green is the best defensive player of this generation, and it's not even close. The way he affects the game is maddening, I hate him so much but it's very easy to recognize how great of a bb player he became. They beat us in the their defensive end yesterday. Yeah, Durant was great and Thompson iced the cake in the 4th, but the Rockets were Harden and no one else on offense. Draymond by himself protected the paint and the corners, so even if Capela was able to shoot a corner 3 it wouldn't have mattered, as it didn't when we went small. Why did you bump your thread? Your assessment is wrong, it's not Looney, McGee, West, Bell, it's not their bigs against ours, it's Draymond fuking Green. Your conclusion may be right, but your train of thought is wrong, which makes you wrong. Capela was the only playable big, Ryno and Nene were worth of pity, as expected.

I still believe we can make it more competitive just by giving the ball early to CP3 and saving Harden for the second half. We need first quarter Harden in the third. All I hope is for us to put up a fight and win at least 2 games. If we get to Oakland down 3-2, I want to see the team play with all their heart. It probably won't be enough, but I'd be proud. That's how good this Warriors are. This series should show for how long the weak minded Durant will ruin the game of basketball. If it's not competitive, it won't be anytime soon.

topfive likes this.
  11. basketballholic

I'm not saying give up. We won't give up. We'll fight, fight, fight. We'll play with energy. We'll play hard. We'll play super hard in crunch time.....if we have any crunch time.

But we're going down. Sorry.

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Of course its not. I don't know how anyone can watch the game yesterday and blame our loss on Capela. He did exactly what he was supposed to do.

BigMaloe and Soneca like this.
  13. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Should we play Qi!?

Deuce likes this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

FIFY
    Take away the ALLOWANCES the Refs give Green . . .and he becomes very mediocre

Rocket River

Soneca likes this.
  15. basketballholic

No. It's not on Capela. It's on Morey. He put his eggs in the Capela, PJ, Luc basket.

And it might have POSSIBLY worked if Luc were totally healthy. MIGHT. POSSIBLY. But he ain't. And we got nobody eggs that can match up. defensively.

The only defensive strategy we can employ with the personnel we have us to send help on Durant and Green and to pack the paint. That means curry and klay are going to go off.

We don't have the defensive answer to their small ball lineup because we don't have that big msn that can switck, defend the rim, and step outside to create space and stretch Draymond and the defense out.

16. basketballholic

I don't think it'll matter now. We should have played him early in the season and got him some experience with our offense and gotten him comfortable offensively. Qi is a difference-making NBA level defender right now. He needs the experience of playing the 5 with the prime rotation guys.

If we put him in now I think he'd be a plus defensively but would hurt our set offense. Unless we ran pick-and-pop and lived with his three ball.....And he was able to knock down 30% if them. That's a lot to ask of a rookie that we didn't give minutes to during the regular season.

We should have either committed to giving Qi consistent minutes during the regular season or we should have acquired another big in anticipation of facing the Warriors. Morey did go get Brandon Wright, which was an upgrade over Nene if Wright had been healthy. But that didn't work. Wet needed somebody else. And a better shooting Qi checks the boxes on what we needed.

#96 basketballholic, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This was obvious from the jump. They’re the most talented team ever.

I ain’t mad about it. Durant did what he did. It is what it is.

BigShasta and ReignSupreme like this.
  18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He was a huge reason they lost last night. He makes timely offensive and defensive plays. He controls the game for them defensively. He was their biggest +/-. Etc.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

theres much bigger things to look at than DG being the reason. the rockets breakdowns defensively and to's were a much bigger factor. these led to run stops and prevented the rockets from continuing to battle back as they were making their runs. coupe that with kd making incredibly tough shots and transition 3s for klay. very tough to over come all those things

DG didn't do anything out of what he would usually do.

20. Soneca

Soneca Member

The best big to play the role you described is basically AD, and even he failed miserably against Green. Who else do you have in mind? Porzings? Horford? Millsap? Please don't say Cousins, Ibaka or any other mediocre big that happen to be able to shoot threes, Capela's vertical ability gives us a better offensive weapon IMO, even without long range shot. And don't, please don't dare to say Maker or Qi, stop embarassing yourself.

If we need this kind of player (AD, Porzings), we may very well give up. Capela can switch, defend the rim, and make Green work on D. The best sequence for Draymond Green on D was when he was guarding a 3pt shooter. So, again, it's not on Capela and it's not on Morey for not being able to add an All-World big to this core, which is impossible. It's actually on Durant and the league and the stupid cap raise and KD stupid weak mind. He is a disgrace, a player who can dominate both ends giving up and joining a 73 win squad shows how weak he is. He is noth worth any praise, he is a disgrace for the basketball. Yeah, I'm dramatic, but that's how I feel. Had them not add Durant, our current team would be as good as theirs. We wouldn't need a third all world player to counter the Warriors firepower.

Anyway, I'm still expeting this series to be closer than yesterday's game suggested. Our team is very good and is playing with loads of passion. Our D was OK, we didn't lose the game because of that. We saw KD do the same thing against LeBron, we have to live with that. Doubling him is suicidal, Curry and Thompson is the best shooting backourt of all time, in case you haven't noticed. Our best chance is to pray for our guys to "just" hit the three for us to keep the game close. In crunch time, it's Durant x Harden, which is a coin toss in my homer eyes.

topfive likes this.