1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC First Round] (4)Oklahoma City vs. (5)Utah

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 11, 2018.

?

(4)Oklahoma City vs. (5)Utah

Poll closed Apr 14, 2018.
  1. Thunder in 4

1.6%
  2. Thunder in 5

1.6%
  3. Thunder in 6

23.4%
  4. Thunder in 7

11.7%
  5. Jazz in 7

16.4%
  6. Jazz in 6

39.1%
  7. Jazz in 5

4.7%
  8. Jazz in 4

1.6%
  1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Jazz in 6 or 7

2. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

OKC in 7. Just don't think that Mitchell can carry Utah past OKC in the end. Thunder go hot and cold, but I think they can pull 4 wins out of 7 games against the Jazz.

Be interesting to see how bad Brewer is hurt and if he's out. OKC's depth is already a problem.

NBA gets that $$$ matchup in the 2nd round.

3. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Westbrook can't punish Gobert like Curry can when they get the switch. WB will try to drive a few times against Rudy and when he realizes he can't do **** against him, he will start chucking shots.

Utah's defense is tailor made for OKC. WB, George and Melo have been near bottom of shooting percentage whole year. Utah forces opponents to beat them with great shooting performances, because Gobert takes away the driving lanes. I just don't see it.
    Utah in 7.

#23 Koperboy, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    hieuytran and BigMaloe like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dun you know they got PPat the love of Herrera.....

[​IMG]

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's pretty funny the two teams no one wants to play in the playoffs are playing each other.

6. riko

riko Member

if the jazz steal one game in OKC they will win in 6

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Can't believe okc won hca. Doesn't the 5th seed usually have a better upset rate, or did they change the scheduling to close that door tighter?

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

UTA is fools gold imo and OKC just sucks as a cohesive unit. so i don't know who's going to win.

@YOLO i actually think crowder/sefalosha won't be so bad guarding george/melo

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Gobert is the 2nd best player. He’s the most impactful defender in the league this year. He effects defense the way curry effects offense.

1. Westbrook
    2. Gobert
    3. Pg13
    4. Adams
    5. Mitchell
    6. Ingles
    7. Melo

Ingles/crowder/O’Neale is plenty to throw at pg13 and melo. Add jerebko for melo specifically

#29 BigMaloe, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  10. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Jazz in 6.

Okc has implosion potential. I think utah defense can really frustrate them in a playoff series

Williamson likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

Sef doesn't event play anymore right? And crowder is there best bet but he'll be in different mixes Vs okcs guys

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

I disagree. Regardless we'll find out soon enough

Harrisment and BigMaloe like this.
  13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Why is the moment too much? Most of the Jazz roster was there last year when they upset the Clippers in Round 1. Granted, Blake did miss most of that series, but give Utah credit for winning at the buzzer at Staples in Game 1 and then closing the series out on the road in Game 7. The only real question mark with the Jazz is how will Mitchell handle the pressure of the postseason given that he's a rookie.

But OKC is an enigma. They can look like worldbeaters one night and a lottery team the next. So who knows how they'll perform, especially in the pressure-filled playoffs when they're suddenly relying on Brewer to made shots and Melo to show up every night. And you know Russ will be tempted to go into hero mode in the 4th quarter if the game is tight.

Maybe I'm being clouded by my OKC hatred and how good the Jazz were the last few months, but I'm picking Utah in 6.

14. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

i never thought in my life i would be supporting the trash organization Utah j*zz, but i will say for this series, let's go Jazz!!!

Nick_713 likes this.
  15. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I see OKC winning in 6.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

jazz no longer have hayward, hill, diaw, jj, and hood. a chunk of the roster is not there. In the games the jazz won, JJ was one of there key players and their best in game 1 and 4, solid in game 5 as well. I mean if i had to choose I absolutely want the rockets to play utah over okc but I'm not going to kid myself to think this zero experience, limited shooting team is moving on to the 2nd round. Extremely excited for the playoffs to start

A_3PO likes this.
  17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Really want Jazz to win.

18. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Gobert is the best player in this series, but the refs got OKC to the 4 spot in the first place, and they aren't stopping now.

OKC in 6

19. marky :)

marky :) Member

I think Westbrick can heroball his way to 4 wins against the Jazz.

OKC in 6.

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Wicky Wubio wersus Wussell Westbrook. Is this a chance for 'Holic to be vindicated?