1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Washington Post] Mike Wilbon mentions a situation like Houston being good for Lebron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cleepy, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Cleepy

Cleepy Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/01/AR2010070106172.html

A good read if nothing else, plus a mention of Houston at the end of the article...

Want to switch gears and go to Houston, where the Rockets are ready and have the pieces to facilitate a sign-and-trade, and still will be left with a roster than can seriously contend? That's understandable. The Rockets' GM, Daryl Morey, has already had just such a conversation with Chris Bosh, who reportedly listened, but has no such pressure guiding his interests.

Morey made the point that Bosh can join a team or a celebrity trio in Miami, which might not be as suited to win now, even with Riley coaching, as the hype over having such a threesome would indicate. If you don't think role players are important to winning championships, take a look at all those plays made over the years during championship runs by guys such as Michael Cooper, John Paxson, Robert Horry, Steve Kerr, Ron Harper, the aforementioned D. Fisher. Even a guy like James Posey, who helped Boston win two years ago, doesn't work for food. It takes money. Miami might be able to find some. The Knicks? Not so much. But it's up to LeBron to decide this is an urgent situation. If winning is the only thing to him, this might be his best chance to jump-start that part of his career.

Not hinting anything, but it's good enough to pick my spirits up about landing a player like Chris Bosh :grin:

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Good to see that the idea of Houston as a great destination is getting traction in the media. Let's hope the players are listening.

1 person likes this.
  3. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Man i really like Mike Wilbon and he knows what he is talking bout glad to see the rockets getting some media attention

1 person likes this.
  4. clos4life

clos4life Member

Interesting article.

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I said this a few days ago, The Rox and Bulls are the best two spots for James IF he is interested in winning titles.

6. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

good find

7. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

That's just a NWU Alum giving another fellow NWU Alum a shout out.

8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Houston is the best destination for any big free agent, but the thing is they are after the money and fame, and IMO most of them don't care about wining.

1 person likes this.
  9. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I would be happy if Cleveland would actually SnT

10. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I completely and totally agree. Houston is like an random extremely hot girl that's moist and ready to go, but these free agents are choosing teams like Sarah Jessica Parker who could be hot (with facial modifications), but is really just famous and that's about it.

1 person likes this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If Yao didn't have an injury history plus cap room,Houston would have been the ideal place for him.

12. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

yeah but the one thing that's known is that RA has a WHOLE lot more experience. I don't think a rookie coach has ever won a championship first year in the league. or have they?

good find btw.

13. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

That's a big "IF". This is Lebron INC we're talking about

14. RyanB

RyanB Member

This is definitely the best analysis posted concerning the Free agency
    i don't say it cause i'm a Rockets fan , but really: which roster (apart from Chicago) can make James win a champ better than us?

hope that players want to win
    cause money: they 'll get it wherever they go

15. dreamfellas21

dreamfellas21 Member

truth.

if bosh really wants to win and win now, we got the squad for him.

16. CoolHandLee

CoolHandLee Member

makes me happy some people out there are giving Houston some credit :)

1 person likes this.
  17. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

mike wilbon has always defied espn's biases. he's the tolerable half of PTI. great journalist

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

C'mon Lebron! You get your true max deal and a chance to win multiple rings if you come to Houston. Don't forget the China Effect!!

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

how long will clutchfans be shutdown for if we got bosh and lebron? 2 weeks? :cool:

20. Cleepy

Cleepy Member

Thanks for the feedback. I was sure how it would go since this was my first post after years of following the Rockets and Clutchfans.

I'm just glad there's popular media figures not completely discounting the Rockets

1 person likes this.