1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Warriors fans ruin Chris Mullin's retirement ceremony by booing owner

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by redhotrox, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

I thoroughly enjoyed that clip.

However I think dude was just in a mixture of shock and confused, hence the long silence of trying to figure things out. What they should've done was boo 10x louder when Rick Berry (someone said it was him on the first page) went bodyguard on the owner.

Good thing after that the owner went straight to business and no small talk and got out of the way, instead of trying to win the crowd back by making stupid promises like "we're gonna be a deep playoff contender"

2. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Monta Ellis is horrible, I don't get it.

3. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I understand why it happened.

Read this article and it'll give you a bit more insight. These fans don't forget things like this. It's the way that he was ran out of town after some moves that he had no control over.

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

Booo you got rid of a ball stopper who hurt our team and got us one of the best centers in the league. Boo because that center is hurt and now we have a legit shot to get a top four pick and get another possible star to pair with Curry and Bogut. BOOO for wanting a great team for a long time. BOOO

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The problem is that Curry's ankle is weak as **** and Bogut also can't find a way to stay on the court.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

That video is perfect for Warriors history in general. Shaky, embarrassed ownership. Dumb fans. Barry shooting off at the mouth like an idiot. ... And then a little girl with Chris Mullin's face shows up at center court and nobody knows what is going on.

Completely perfect, and I say that as someone who has been to Warrior games.

7. SacTown

SacTown Member

Rick Barry is such a prick.

8. Prince

Prince Member

Chris and other guy made it obvious... they could have ignored and laughed it off.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

are you freaking kidding me? That was hilarious ...and awesome!

10. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

Just moved from Santa Clara to downtown San Jose, I go to CSUEB though.

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Sad.... and unfortunately, I catch alot of the same negative vibe with Rockets fans - particularly on this forum... I understand frustration, but people get too wrapped up in this trade or that trade and championship runs (or lake thereof) and miss the fact that they are lucky enough to be one of only 30 cities in the world that get to enjoy live NBA claiber basketball.
    I live in Vegas, and pretty much live at the summer league when its in town. I would kill to have an NBA team (even a dismal one) that I could go see on a regular basis... just my two cents....

12. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

wow, that was pretty entertaining

13. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Man...I'm not sure Les would have gotten that reception if Lowry was traded to Utah for scrubs...rough crowd...

14. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

;)
    And how is this the first year owners fault? I'd still rather have Bogut over Ellis any day.

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I saw we boo the hell out of Les tonight for cutting our beloved T-will.

16. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

classless.

and you can't survive without class.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Not that i disagree, but what he did was pretty cool. If someone like JVG did that, everybody would be raving about how awesome he is for sticking up for the organization.

18. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Lacob wasn't ready for that at all. It came off as a wrestling promo, and he was a wrestling villain with the "now that we've got THAT over with"/"tonight is about respect" and his pausing to milk/acknowledge the boos only fed them.

I don't blame Barry for trying but he's too abrasive of a person to pull it off.

Mullin got his point across much more gently and eloquently, and at that point the crowd should definitely have shut up.

And yeah, the proper response would absolutely have been:
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Gj9EEtiewBY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. rockets11champs

Mullen made a mistake warrior fans are the most classless fans in the world

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Call them out Rick, call them out.

I don't care if you are a passionate fan or not. You need to know where the line is.

If they cross the line they are just as bad as fair weathered fans. At least those guys will cheer for anything.