1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video of Jeff Kent's Walk-Off in '04 NLCS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by clutch citizen, Mar 25, 2011.

1. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I know it's on youtube, but youtube is blocked at work. I need the video for editting. It'll be used for an internal goals/objectives campaign: "keep your eye on the ball".

Could anyone provide a non youtube/facebook link to download the video?

Thanks!

2. lean

lean Member

Just use a proxy to get around the block because I couldn't find any via google. www.hidemyass.com

in a related note, I was at that game. :)

1 person likes this.
  3. clutch citizen

Thanks. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get in on my hard drive. Watching the video brings back memories. That was an exciting time. I can't believe it was 7 years ago

4. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

I think I recorded it and have it on my HD somewhere. Let me find it, I may be able to upload it somewhere for you to download.

5. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I was there!!! Sitting in the first row of the club level, directly in front of the press box with my sister. Probably the #1 sports moment I've ever witnessed in person. The best part was walking with the delirously happy crowd through downtown Houston, slapping fives as we all peeled off into the different bars. Damn... good times.

6. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

3 people like this.
  7. clutch citizen

8. msn

msn Member

9. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

I remember Beltran was beast through out the playoffs, but he ended up signing with the mets and when the astros made the world series next season I've wrote "Beltran Who" on my rear window.

10. ThaShark316_28

I remember I had to go to wal-mart quickly then come right back...was listening on the radio...got to the store and they had just walked Lance...didn't go into the store until the inning was over...

next pitch...GONE. I celebrated in the parking lot...!

11. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I was so mad that he signed with the Mets, and now I'm very thankful. He's Yao Ming-level fragile. We really dodged a bullet with him... then shot ourselves in the leg with a bullet named Carlos Lee.

12. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

I still get goosebumps everytime I see this.

13. msn

msn Member

epic.

Our center is the new gold standard for fragility.

I remember calling Sir CrystalFoot "fragile" only a year ago and getting lambasted for it. Would that I were wrong.

I can just see it now: his name will be the new verb for could-a-beens who break down all of ten seconds into their career. "Yeah man, that guy looked like the next Dream but his career got all Yaod and now he's just a backup for the Warriors."

14. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Probably the single most breathtaking moment in Houston Sports since Johnson's 3 vs Utah in 97. Puma matched it the following year in the 18th inning battle. Oh I so miss those days.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

One of the greatest moments in Houston sports history. I remember it like it was yesterday. The 2004 and 2005 playoffs for the Astros were filled with so many awe-striking moments. Between that lovable Rockets team (Bob Sura, Jon Barry, Yao and TMac in their primes), the Texans still getting the royal treatment simply because they had Houston on their jerseys, and the Astros kicking ass and taking names, those were very, very fun-filled times for Houston sports. It's hard to believe that was a mere 6 years ago.

16. msn

msn Member

dude.

you know times are suckin when you get filled with nostalgia for the good old days that were all of 5.5 years ago.

17. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

unbelievable. feels like 20

18. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

You mean Chris Burke right? He is the one who hit the homerun to end it. Unless you mean Berkman's Slam in the 8th that put us 1 run down. Then Ausmus hit the barely over the line homerun in the 9th. With Burke ending it all in the 18th.

I was actually at the Kent game as a guest of the Astros in their suite since we used to do the Astros Radio show at the bar. I actually taped it with my camera at the time. Still have the ticket from the game. This thread gave me a reason to dig it up and put it on youtube. Don't know the quality you need for it but I can send the file to you if you need it.

Here is my video...you can hear us going crazy amongst everyone else.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G-T6vZ2tMwY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#18 Stack24, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  19. rockets934life

No, IMHO Puma's blast in the 8th just sent a bolt of electricity through MMP. The crowd was pretty tense and almost expecting something to happen. When he hit it out, the place just went bananas, at that point you knew you were watching something magical.

Ausmus homer was almost anti-climatic, no one knew what was going on until the ump called it a blast homer from the 2nd most unlikliest guy. Burke's blast was a great Houston moment bit EVERYONEwas mentally and physically drained. It was almost relief that we had won. Puma blast was like a caffeine rush that just happened.

20. rockets934life

Oops double post...my apologies.