1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Jeremy Lin Hightlight + Interview

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dragonz, Dec 23, 2012.

1. dragonz

dragonz Member

I missed game, so I went off Youtube to search for game videos, as usual it's mostly Jeremy's highlights...

Didn't see it post here, move if posted

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PxPxHSQpsE4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Post game interview:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_vmk9nty2c4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 people like this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

brool story co.

3. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Ah, the benefit of being a popular player...you get your own highlights, lol.

4. jvu

jvu Member

haha you know how I know you're a Lin fan?

...dragonz

Nuff said

5. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Good stuff! I loved to see him take it all the way to the rim with Tony Allen on his hip the whole time.

6. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

From Geraldd.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LSpG5C6fHYs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3 people like this.
  7. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Jeremy Lin and Greg Smith pick n roll is sick. Smith gets free and rolls hard to the basket so fast.

8. dragonz

dragonz Member

Sure, I am, hard to deny, I jumped the wagon right after the New Jersey game last year, sort of foreseen it because it was his first game that got significant mins. That makes me attached, and with this interesting turn of event of summer signing, mannn

But at the other hand, if Lin is still in Knicks, and Rockets plays them, I would want Rockets beat the **** out of them.

9. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Undrafted-undrafted PnR -- love it!

10. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

It's like taking candy from a baby!

11. WSWhippets

WSWhippets Member

EFF you ALL if you're not a Lin fan. seriously. you're all wrong. in a few years when JL is RECOGNIZED as the next steve nash, you can bash LOFs all you want.

12. WSWhippets

WSWhippets Member

when you watch that one play where tony allen (a superb defensive player) rides JLin and JLin rides him back all the way to the hoop, it should put to rest any BS stephen a smith rob parker HORSE CHYT about JLin not being able to play. seriously. you don't know basketball if you agree with them, PERIOD.

13. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Please do not associate LOFs with your own personal opinion that Lin will be the next Steve Nash. There are many LOFs that support Lin without placing unrealistic expectations on him.

14. lfw

lfw Rookie

I agree. How about we let Jeremy Lin be the first Jeremy Lin.

15. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

haha!:grin::grin: Jeremy is a Superstar!

16. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Around 3:30 in Geraldd's video, there is a little girl sitting on her mom's lap. She's so cute! She's clapping, smiling and looking at Jeremy. Future Lin fangirl?!

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I'll have to admit that Lin has been impressing me with his play of late. Let's see how long he can sustain this level. Too many promising young players flame out early in their careers. Let's see how the guy develops and if he is the a top tier player or another pretender.

18. jjin15

jjin15 Member

The crossover to PNR pass to Smith was beautiful & just the right amount of touch on the pass to Harden.

19. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

That perfect pass to Harden is beautiful.

20. Roxs

Roxs Member

You know, Nash was good, but never elite until he joined D'antoni in Phoenix. When Nash was in Dallas, his best stats were about 16/7. Once Nash was a Sun, he exploded and averaged 18/11. The increase in production was both extreme and sudden that you have to at least give majority credit to the D'antoni system that he was playing in while at Phoenix.

When Lin was starting for the Knicks, he was 18/8 (18.5/7.6 to be more precise). This season he's averaging 12/6 with the rockets, playing 9 less minutes per game than with the Knicks. However, if you split his season starting from the 38pt San Antonio game to the latest Memphis game (a 7-game stretch), Lin is averaging 16/7, which is pre-D'antoni Nash.

Nash was good and some years great, and he won MVPs (which is a subjective award), but he was always a tick below CP3, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose, etc.

I would say Nash is Lin's most optimistic scenario. From Lin to reach Nash's career arc, he simply needs to play like Lin of the Knicks. Unfortunately, that's also a function of the system that Lin is playing in, which makes it so that Lin will not likely reach his max potential while a Rocket.

But we'll see. It's hard to infer either way with such a young player in less than one year sample of games. So to say that Lin will never be Nash in terms of raw numbers is as premature as saying that Lin will definitely put up Nash like numbers.

1 person likes this.