1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Full Terrence Jones Highlights - 20 points in 25 minutes - 10/10/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Ultramagnus

Ultramagnus Rookie

As much as the coaching staff should take note of the young ones when they are working hard and proving themselves,

I believe it is also their responsibility to motivate, encourage and inspire the young guys as well.

They shouldn't put it all on TJ for example, to prove himself, they should also be encouraging and building his confidence, showing faith. And doing so will obviously reap great rewards.

Anybody familiar with the Pygmalion-Galatea effect?

2. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I think Jones will suffer from the fact Robinson has more pedigree/expectation due to the trade and his draft position, at least early on. I think if we keep all three young 4s, the off-season battles and training will really separate them.

Both guys have a lot of physical tools, but seem a little lost out there, as most rookie bigs do. Jones is slightly bigger and more skilled, while Robinson is a tad nastier and more explosive. While I think Jones is more likely to produce if given 20 mpg at the moment, the fact that Robinson's strengths differ more from Motiejunas' strengths (than Jones) gives him an upper hand, as we're missing the "nasty finisher" type (though Jones could possibly satisfy that too).

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If Morey doesn't make McHale play Terrance Jones then he will be wasted. McHale has emotional ties to certain players its darn near cultural. Harden is a star max player, Beverly has to play due to being the only other point guard besides Lin and Smith is the only other center outside Asik. Robinson gets playing time because of Morey. It's not about hard work because all these players are showing great things in practice that's evident because Sampson played guys like Jones but McHale he has emotional ties to guys that don't have as much athletic ability but plays more off hustle and grit. It's like to him if you have a lot of athletic ability and your young your automatically slow mentally. He will not give a player like that any confidence he'll attempt to put a lot of BS on a players mind to where when he gets on the court it causes indecisiveness. This is what I don't like about McHale. I don't mind seeing this prick fired. This is the kind of crap that keeps the good ol boy system alive in Houston. Houston teams need to get past this BS. No wonder we choked all those games at the end of the season last year. The same thing will happen this year if this clown doesn't get on the same page Morey is... He needs to stop moping around like a negative nagging female and instill confidence in all this guys as a team and go out and run teams off the floor using all the talent this team possesses. THAT INCLUDES TERRANCE JONES!!!

1 person likes this.
  4. Houston288South

McHale, PLAY TERRENCE JONES!! What's the darn deal? Let him develop!

5. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Mchale might need to call jones up if trob is not the answer... But let's give trob more practice and time on the floor first, but we know for a fact jones has a better offensive game than trob

6. jvu

jvu Member

Good call

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

named dleague allstar is not bad at all in limited minutes as rookie

8. pacmania

pacmania Member

It should be a meritocracy. Dmo and Tjones have shown merit they should be rewarded. Trob has not yet shown merit and fitness but he gets playing time that only de-motivates Tjones.

Mchale was bull****ting everyone about how Dmo has to earn playing time but the facts had already shown even then that Dmo was doing well same with Tjones.

Somehow when you get your job (coaching) not through merit and fitness but through connections you tend to establish the same system for playing time.

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

What is TJ? In the (all but) position-less NBA is Jones a 4? A 5? A 3?

I thought a problem Mook had, giving limits to his ceiling, was: is Mook a 3 - - or a 4?

I would love to see TJ hybrid into a Rocket (vintage) LOdom.

10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Every time Ive seen T.Jones on an NBA court he's looked .... completely lost.

I think its much of what T.Rob said about his transition to the NBA - The speed of the game and all ... Same could be said for Morris in his rookie season. We can only hope that both Jones and Robinson have the same kind of improvement from year one to year two.

11. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

Same thoughts here. I've heard discussions on the radio about T Jones and about his transition to the NBA and it not going well, as far as the game itself is concerned. As far as TRob, I don't think he is going to get as much playing time as people here think. I think its more of a lets see what we are working with and what needs to be improved upon. People here need to remember that the Rockets work very closely with the RGV Vipers on player development and they will need to know where a particular player needs improvement. Sometimes, the only place you are going to see where that is is in a game, you don't get that in practice. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a little more playing time to feel where his baseline is and then let the RGV work on him.

12. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

This is one of the best quotes I have read in a while. Well said pimp.WELL SAID.

13. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

I had the same thoughts about playing TJ before listening to rockets livecast last night. They explained that TJ has a wrist injury right now, and can't play on court. Same thing for Lin's having flu and ankle issue in last few games. Just FYI.

14. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

WHY!!!!! Doesn't McHale play Terrence Jones??
    He is a quality player with much upscale!
    Does Morey have to force McHale hand to play the Rookies?
    Sounds like JVG all over again! :p Y

15. haoafu

He's injured.

16. munco

munco Member

didn't hear about that but if he's healthy he should be getting minutes over TRob. He's paid his dues. Time to give him meaningful minutes and see if he can help us or not.

17. haoafu

I explained in post #153. Check the video from 42 minutes mark.

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/rocketscast-live-make-or-break-march

We need to give a break to Mchale, given that TJ is injured now and all the media are reporting Harden/Lin being banged up in last few games. A lot of fans in GARM act like they totally don't know what's happening to the players.

18. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

i thought mchale was an old school coach?

so why is thomas robinson getting playing time ahead of terrence jones?

doesnt he have to "earn" his playing time like everybody else?

19. Anxiety Trooper

Rotations are still to tight. Especially since players are injured. Look at the minutes played by harden, delfino, asik and parsons yesterday.

20. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

I must have missed this one but good info and explains a lot. Thanks for pointing out the minute mark.