1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(UPDATE): 19 points 6/10 from 3....WOW

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Chamillionaire

How long we gonna harp on this? He's on the team this year. Let's see how he does in the playoffs.

2. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I just realized that House is the highly rated recruit that went to UH a few years ago but ended up transferring

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

it was said (at the time) that House wanted the full MLE... whether that was accurate or not idk...

People were also saying that Morey wanted the mle money to pursue buyouts (Faried) and then they were sure House would get offered whatever was left for a lengthier contract... but then of course we dumped salary and LTS became the focus...

and of course you had the FO declaration that 'we dont reward guys on a 2 way contract by just converting them and allowing them to use us as a springboard for higher offers from other teams in the off season...' only to later have House converted...

its just all been a clusterf*k of misinformation, innuendo and guesswork... lol

I'm just glad the guy is back in the rotation - and hopefully he's utilized in pursuit of a chip! :)

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

5. kjayp

LOVE the gif - thats a great show btw... :)

6. Johnbutte

Johnbutte Member

I don’t root for players. I root for the team. Players turn over constantly, but the team is what stays. Some people misperceive that as siding with the owner. Wrong. I want the team to win. I don’t care about the owner either. I just want him to shut up and sign fat checks, and maybe adopt me. I also want all players to sign the most advantageous contracts for the team as possible, to maximize winning potential. And maybe sign me to a 3 year minimum contract.

connorg3, Maxgx and Hakeemtheking like this.
  7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This x100. I'll wait till I'm off to address the naysayers/haters tomorrow.

Lawlruschang and hakeem94 like this.
  8. kjayp

thats an entirely reasonable view to have...

the only caveat I would add to the view is not badmouthing a player (esp one of our players) if he's not willing to bend over for a team friendly deal... (I'm not saying you personally badmouth - idk your posting history - just saying in general...)

People criticized CP3 for wanting every penny he felt he was worth... People criticized House for 'betting on himself' and not allowing himself to get locked down at the min for 3 years...

Sure, we all wish players would give our team sweetheart deals and spread that cap money as far as it can go... but some folks just allow their fandom to override (what I would consider to be) common decency... People shouldn't be hypocrites and cheer for a guy one day - and then call him a scrub the next bc he's not willing to accept less than his worth...

...imo....

DaDakota and Hakeemtheking like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

people really think House should’ve locked up that pathetic 3 year deal at the minimum...wow

people will even go so far as to call him stupid and arrogant for not doing it

Minimum deals aren’t going anywhere, why should he have settled for that?

10. Roxs-Redemption

Where is it from?

11. kjayp

Kim's Convenience... a Canadian sitcom about a Korean family running a convenience store... a couple seasons... I streamed it on Hulu or Netflix i think. Entertaining.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't say he is stupid. But he is taking a huge risk. If he wants to bet on himself, good for him. But he might lose. For a guy who has not been sticking around any team for long, he needs a stable situation to prove himself. I don't think it is likely that a team would dip into its MLE to give him multi-year. Maybe one year to see how he plays.

I am guessing that he is betting on getting a one year deal that the amount will be comparable to the total of a 3-year min deal. Then if he plays well, he gets to demand more after one year. But if he doesn't get a chance to play well on a team (which was what happened before he got with the Rockets) then he might be out of the league after a year.

13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Your post assumes the money was guaranteed, correct ??

14. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Agreed 100%. He's a productive player, has a lot of skill, and i think 26? Sign a 3-year minimum deal and he's 29/30 at the end of the contract only to have maybe a handful of years to be a productive player and get paid well. Rejecting the original offer allows him for more earning potential earlier and down the road and cant fault a player for that.

Hell, if freakin Linsanity can get paid based on a handful of games, House has at the very least earned himself that much.

You always hear "its a business" when teams waive/trade players for the team's best interest, but then players get bashed for treating it as such when they look out for their own interests first.

I also wonder how some of these people would react if they were in similar positions with their employers.

Reeko likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

I mean, we are talking about a 3 year deal at the vet min. That is nothing. Nobody is rushing to lock themselves into a 3 year deal at that salary for their age 26-29 seasons. What if he starts playing like a guy who should be making 7-8 mil? Well then it’s too bad for him as he continues to be vastly underpaid until 2022. Why shouldn’t he bet on himself? If Morey had offered him the MLE it would be one thing, but it’s a vet min for 3 years.

kjayp likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

they would try to get as much money as possible, but they want to attack players all the time for trying to do the same

none of them would be signing a 3 year vet min deal if they were playing like House has been because “the Rockets gave them a chance” and all these other lame justifications

kjayp, waytookrzy079 and DaDakota like this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The players should get as much as they can, House made a biz decision, that is his choice, his career, we need to honor that.

DD

kjayp, T FOR 3!!! and waytookrzy079 like this.
  18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

That said... Paul was a tad greedy.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yes, Morey offered a 3-year guaranteed contract, didn't he? It's the minimum, but it's guaranteed.

20. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I think the same thing applies for CP. This is his last big contract, and potentially could be his last contract, period. If someone's willing to you pay big bucks, you take it and let your "company" figure out the finances to make it work.

Also, if CP is greedy, can we also say that Harden is greedy? He's also going to be making $40mil+ starting next season, but has longer years left in earning potential.