1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(UPDATE): 19 points 6/10 from 3....WOW

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Mar 17, 2019.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I don't think anyone was actually "hating" on Danuel House.

There were business decisions made both by him and the team(owner). That was it, the fans, for the most part loved his game and what he brought to the Rockets.

Some people understood what the organization was trying to accomplish and also what House and his agent were looking to attain. Each are satisfied for the time being... we'll see how that marriage turns out in early July.

napalm06 and D-rock like this.
  2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Just give up hating on the owner. The owner is the guy who pays your bf Danuel House to be on your favorite team.
    Do you not get that Danuel House is a Rocket BECAUSE of Tilman Feritta?

4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Do you get the rockets will most likely lose him in the offseason BECAUSE of Tillman fertitta?

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Do you get that you can donate money to Fertitta to pay for any player you have a crush on?

hakeem94, Newlin and HP3 like this.
  6. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Lmao you actually think the rockets DONT want to tie him to the future ? They did not come to an agreement. Rockets tried to sign him long term but lost out because they were too cheap. Now they likely wont even get the opportunity to pay him for more than this season

Houstunna likes this.
  7. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Yea because tilmen donated 2 billion to the team instead of buying it right ?

8. Johnbutte

Johnbutte Member

I disliked House's decision to turn down three years guaranteed nba minimum, a very similar deal to what a late first round pick would get. I thought it was arrogant and stupid. That being said, he's back with the team, I want him to play well and contribute to wins. Those two positions are not in opposition to each other.

HP3, Game7, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  9. Carl Herrera

Why would he accept a low ball contract when his agent most likely already received better offers from potential suitors?

Chamillionaire, DaDakota and J Sizzle like this.
  10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I challenge you to make sense out of what you wrote. Go ahead. . . .

Fertitta bought a team. With his money; not yours.
    You cry, coz you want Fertitta to spend more money, to make your feelings all better. Why don't you be a man and spend your own money to make yourself stop crying.
    Otherwise, admit you like Feritta's property and quit whining like a B.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Johnbutte

Johnbutte Member

Because relying on sketchy illegal under the table negotiated deals is a bad idea? Because he's 26, undrafted, and already been cut in the past by multiple teams?

12. Carl Herrera

Lol. Illegal.

astros123 and DaDakota like this.
  13. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Someone with no money should be maximizing his margin of safety, not his maximum earning potential. In hindsight his risk paid off. That doesn’t mean it made sense when he did it.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I kind of agree. From House's business point of view, if I were him, I'd take the 3-year guaranteed deal. It's a minimum amount, but it is still worth several millions of dollars. He is only 25, will still be in his prime when the contract expires. The fact that he has been playing much better on the Rockets than all his other stints means that he fits this system perfectly. He gets the opportunity to play in this system with Harden in his prime. That should probably inflate his numbers. If he can get a substantial contract after this one, he should call it a good career for a guy who was undrafted.

15. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

he's going to leave us so fast this offseason

16. astros123

astros123 Member

Its so funny how fans are against players getting paid for their hard work. This is a 26 year old that has made minimums his entire life with not much savings and he should be looked down upon because he knew his worth? Shame on you guys. Good for House. He knew his worth and he stuck to it. I wish more people in this world had a back bone like his.

17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

dont get too attached, i doubt tilman will match in the off-season

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

It's okay to say Tilman goofed, but is NOT a failure of an owner.

It CAN be *both* !!!

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

When House and Morey were at the impasse, bc DM wanted 3 years and House jus wanted to be converted to the min for the year... I threw out that a 2 year deal might appease both sides.... I was told that was a stupid idea...

and regarding GG getting paid 'hardly anything'... the 3 year deal DM wanted House to sign would have been less per year than that... since he has less tenure than GG his min would be less... so Morey wanted to lock him up for 3 years at a rate of less than (as you put it) 'hardly anything'...

jus sayin... lol

#99 kjayp, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    LosPollosHermanos and Houstunna like this.
  20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Talking to him is pointless on this issue.

His entire point is House wanted "a lot of money".

Yet he can't define his own idea of what "a lot of money" is.

LosPollosHermanos and kjayp like this.