1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unofficial Texans' off season thread for 2014.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Raven, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Filed to ESPN: Pending a physical, former Cowboys DE DeMarcus Ware reached agreement with Broncos on 3-year, $30M contract include $20M gtd.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/443807923127738368">March 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Damn the Broncos are spending some cash this off-season

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

seriously spending some monopoly money...i must say...where is all this cash from??

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They know they have potentially one final shot with Manning and they are going all out. It'll be a full rebuild after this season.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If Ware has another year left in him, and Von Miller can stay off the drugs for a year, and Manning has another year left in him, the Broncos could be REALLY scary.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Also, if the Bucs sign Josh McCown like they are expected to, brace for the news that the Texans will be keeping Schaub. I won't like it, but it just seems like it's going to happen.

7. Rockets25

Rockets25 Member

Except they still won't be able to score on Seattle.

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

The Broncos are going to be really GOOD next year. But something in the air suggest that Manning is about to have a Schaubesque season. Just a hunch.

9. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Again... McCl(note: there's an L right here)ain. The defensive end. Which is why the post was about... defensive ends....

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, I figured it was just a typo, I can't imagine anyone caring about Terrell McClain being gone one way or the other.

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I was actually in favor of this all along. I'd like to see if BOB can't get Schaub back on track. I don't want to draft a rookie QB unless we are going full rebuild. I want to go BPA at #1.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

OMG some of y'all still think Schaub can be good lmao... sad.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not a matter of him being "good", unfortunately he's now the best option because they failed to land a FA QB.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Getting Schaub "back on track" is not worth the time/effort. We need to go young. Even if O'Brien "fixed" Schaub, the odds that he would improve enough to warrant is price tag next year are almost zero. The writing is on the wall for Schaub, he will not be a Texan come 2015. The question is, will he be ok with waiting a year for that to happen, or will he force his way out. My guess is he will keep his mouth shut, collect his giant paychecks, and be a good little tutor/insurance policy before a mutual parting of ways in March 2015.

15. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

They went through this exact same scenario 8 years ago - they wanted to fix/salvage Carr. Unfortunately, you can't fix mental. Schaub still looked physically capable last year; the issue was all in his head - poor/scared decisions. His turnovers shot way up; his YPA shot way down. The man was playing frightended and I haven't seen any cure for that.

If McNair stands idly by, oblivious to this most egregious of deja vus...

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I don't think you have to worry about McNair wanting Schaub to lead the team ever again.

He basically fired Kubiak for sticking with Schaub.

McNair is as done with Schaub as a leader as we are, it seems.

Right now, it's merely a marriage of financial and strategic convenience.

17. updawg

updawg Member

18. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

610 called to the Texans and confirmed that that info was a mistake. Schaub is still on the roster at the moment.

19. Fantasma Negro

I honestly don't care about whether Schaub stays or goes, my issue is if he stays will he restructure his contract. I think he has more value in that sense than anything he can do in the field...this team can be put on the right track with a couple of bargain basement players. Brandon Spikes, Cromartie, Cam Thomas. And resign Graham. Then cut Newton and Wade Smith and let Quiz and Williams battle for one spot, maybe Michael Oher on the other side, oh yeah cut Manning and draft a safety from the Sec. This team is fixable

20. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

proper salary cap management...

unlike.. the texans