1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uh oh - Patrick Beverley is not happy about GM Survey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Oct 18, 2016.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Last tweet was deleted, but the guy told bev he couldn't shut down Steph, but Delly did..

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Pat Bev is a legend in our time

3. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Thats the first thing we need, a slighted pissed off Beverly. I hope he takes it to heart.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I hope this motivates Harden.

5. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

I hope so too, when he finally gets in a game. Dope, we know Bev is tough as nails.

6. htownballa1622

I love his mentality but he should worry about getting healthy first.

Pointless to be angry or bitter from sideline.

hongxingli likes this.
  7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Delly is a way better defender these days.

8. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Maybe stay in front of the guy you're defending and don't get blown by by everyone, and stay on the court by not fouling or not being injured. I hope he takes it personally. Do yoga, sleep an extra hour, take calcium pills. Stop letting wet TP beat you in a durability stand off. At the end of the day, if you're not playing then you're not a player. And if you're playing compromised through a perpetual smorgasbord of nagging injuries, then you're not playing at a level that raises eyebrows. You can flail around all you want with effort and you're still Ryan Bowen. Take it personally. Take care of your body. Stay on the court.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You always need a little bit of crazy on the team.

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I'd choose Delly over you Bev.

Maybe get back to playing competent defence and I'll reconsider.

Getsum64 likes this.
  11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He should worry about getting healthy so he can play and figure out why he keeps getting injured.

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I feel Delladova is actually a worse version of "Tasmanian Devil D" without actual stops than Beverley. I don't know why Beverley gets trashed so much honestly. He's not a playmaking offensive guard and he's not a "shutdown" defender. But he's adequate enough at his particular role

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

aw schiette, yall better watch out. Bev is gonna bring it in the All Star Skills Challenge.

Drogba, cdrive and Dankstronaut like this.
  14. malakas

malakas Member

What means to be the toughest player? Just because you have a screw loose like Allen, or are dirty and take cheap shots like Adams and Green or because for lack of most other skills you have to play scrappy defence to remain in the league like Beverley, that means you are tough?

For me toughest basketball player is someone who is not afraid of the stage and puts the team on his shoulders when it matters the most, welcomes a challenge against all odds , and someone who manages to come back through a lot of pain and rehab after an injury that is regarded as carreer ending.
    So some toughest nba players imo : Paul Pierce, Livingston.
    And the least tough: KD and Rose.

#14 malakas, Oct 19, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    Getsum64 and roslolian like this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

will this fix his knee?

16. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Who is taking bev over delly right now? Not i

Getsum64 likes this.
  17. hakeemthagreat

Any foreign player with half the skills will get more love over american born players here. You haven't figured this out yet?

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Good for him. He has plenty of time to keep tweeting from the treatment room while Keith Jones outside slurping triple cheese burgers.

Jontro and J.R. like this.
  19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Toughness as in not having fear in big moments, being mentally strong, yes good definition. Can agree being "hard nosed" can mean being simplistic and cheap posing as strength.

The other, and overall, it can look a whole lot like "narratives" though. And its about being judgmental on people's CHARACTER, placing value on "good examples" YOU like to slap back against the "bad" ones you DONT like.

And its says being tough means you HAD to have PROBLEMS, crisis, crappy circumstance placed on you in the first place. Shaun Livingston gets rightful praise for his come back. Though can't he still be tough BEFORE the injury or with NO unfortunate injury to make the story?

Beverley as an example, he played in 3-4 different leagues, the D-League and worked his way into the NBA and into the rotation as a mid-season pickup, ahead of fan favorite big free agent pickup Jeremy Lin. Had to have some kind of fortitude to make that happen.

Mainly, when everyone checks out, Beverley's generally the only one still giving a sh**. That's why I'm surprised that he gets trashed so much, cuz. I thought the "Quitter" thing was a big sticking point so No-Quit would be a good thing. But then it goes back to talent and ability really lol.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Look, I really do love Bev and I think he is a tremendous value for the contract he is on. He competes on D and he knocks down threes. A fantastic find by Daryl Morey.

All of that said, he is a 20-25 minute guard off the bench, period.

Likewise, Trevor Ariza is a 20-25 minute SF off the bench, period.

Both fantastic veterans to have for a championship run at their respective contracts, but we really do need an influx of offensive creativity and talent at our PG and SF positions.