1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump expected to end "Dreamers" program

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Sep 3, 2017.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Having a border means you have a border, it is different from immigration. I mean everyone knows we have a border, that isn't under discussion. A border is simply the line where one area ends and another begins. What is under discussion is our immigration laws, not where our border begins and ends.

Either you are strawmanning or you didn't comprehend the point. Which one is it? Where did I say illegal immigration is the same as slavery?

Yeah it is, which is why it isn't my argument. You can have fun arguing against it if you want to though.

That's not my argument at all, did you read anything I posted?

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We're talking about a 3 year old being a criminal for illegally migrating to the U.S. as a crime. Stop trying to change the topic

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You're new here. BobbytheLoser is either a alt-right tool or he's literally has mental problems. Probably both.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Perhaps you didn't understand what you posted. You compared immigration laws to laws allowing slavery. You implied that controlling who was allowed inside a country's borders is some type of human rights abuse or is equivalent to human rights abuses. That's fairly stupid. The whole issue surrounding DACA is that you have a group of people who were not allowed into this country that decided to live in this country illegally. You believe that removing these people would be the same as slavery. I contend that it's perfectly fine to deport people who shouldn't be in the country to begin with just as it would be fine to allow them to stay. The country has the final say when it comes to what non-citizens are allowed to remain inside the country.....and you believe that is wrong.

5. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I don't care what he is. I read his comment, I read your reply, and you've got to be ****ing kidding me.

SIL

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

If you don't see why his posts are disgusting that's probably because you agree with him.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Wrong, I tested your logic for consistency. Your logic was "It is the law, therefore it is wrong," the problem here is that laws change all the time. I mean, that's why we have a Congress and Senate. I didn't compare slavery to immigration, I tested your argument for consistency and unless you argue that yes, you would argue in favor of slavery in the 1800s, then your argument fails the consistency test.

Not ONCE did I bring up human rights, quote me on it. So you are arguing a strawman here.

I SAID that your opinion on the matter is not that of the vast majority, not among the people, not among the ruling parties of our government.

Are you saying that the DACA kids knowingly entered the country on their own power and should be responsible for entering the country for the decisions that they themselves have made?

Well, that's fine. That's your opinion on it, thankfully, it is not shared by the majority of the country. Thankfully, we have a legislation system that can determine which laws should be changed for the better good.

I didn't EVER say that it was wrong for the country to have the final say lol, can you quote me on that? You can't, because I didn't say it. I said to make the "IT'S THE LAW" argument is stupid and it is. If it had any validity then drinking alcohol would still be illegal.

The country will have the final say on it, that's why we have our three branches of government to MAKE that decision and not Bobbythegreat telling everyone that it is law and therefore it is automatically correct.

8. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

On that point, I do. If you don't, you've got issues.

SIL

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, that was never my logic, and I already spelled that out to you. You suggesting that was my logic is nothing but a strawman.

You compared having immigration laws to slavery, slavery is an abuse of human rights and thus wrong no matter what the law says. Immigration laws are not a human rights abuse despite you implying that they are.

I'm saying that I don't care how they entered the country, if they are illegally in this country, they have no right to remain if the country doesn't want them to remain. I'm saying that without legislation saying otherwise, them continuing to stay in the country is illegal....you know, because it is. If the country decides that they are to be pardoned for their illegal presence and allowed to stay, great. If the country decides that they have to go, just as good. Either decision is just fine.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

So you think that the left is a bunch of Marxist trying to complain about being oppressed?

And you think a 3-year old who is brought here illegally should be kicked out as an adult right?

11. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I think 14 year olds can commit crimes.

If the 3 year old starts committing crimes in a decade or later, then yes, get him out.

SIL

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh really?

Have fun arguing your strawman here. It seems you just can't comprehend someone testing the logic of your statement and seeing it through to its conclusion. Either you can't comprehend it, or you know you've lost so you are desperate now to argue an easier point that was never made.

Well...you also said that they are deciding to break the law...
    "The whole issue surrounding DACA is that you have a group of people who were not allowed into this country that decided to live in this country illegally." So you are taking this back?

According to your party and the DNC they are staying, so I'm not sure what you are even arguing. It seems most of the people that make the rules and the laws for the country have decided the law needs to change and only fringe extreme right wing people like yourself disagree I guess.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

The argument here is that the 14 year old should be kicked out for being a criminal by virtue of immigrating here illegally at the age of 3. That's the crime. Geez

14. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

He should get kicked out cause he doesn't belong here. If he wanted a chance to get citizenship, he shouldn't have committed a crime.

SIL

15. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

So someone could be a model citizen but just because they came here at 3 years old you call them a criminal. Geez, you folks on the right are nuts.

17. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

No, I didn't say that at all.

If he came here at 3, okay, not his fault.

If he committed a crime at 14, send him back.

If he's a model citizen, let him apply for real citizenship and grant him.

Get it? Don't twist my words.

SIL

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

What are you talking about - we were never talking about a 14 year old committing a crime. Now you back off your argument?

19. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

No, I was talking about BTGs hypothetical. I was always talking about that, read what I wrote.

Starting to think you can't read properly.

SIL

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I was talking about a 3 year old - clearly you have a reading comprehension problem.

Anyway, pull out your dixie flag mate.