1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

trump deportation raids

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I need to stay clear from this cesspool

mick fry likes this.
  2. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Mostly because literally everything you've posted in this thread is a blatant lie?

4. AstrosRockets1818

More raids baby!!! yes yes yes

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Sounds a lot like a lot of the Trump base.

I honestly thought you were an ok guy when I met you. It's the internet i bet. You probably are really cool in public but the internet brings out the stuff you wouldn't say in public because you have to think about it.

I bet you deal with many illegals that are great for you and your career and if they were in front of you you'd change your tune. Hope all the best for you.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

That's my understanding and I don't have any problem with the raids myself. They've had their day in court and got deportation orders. I do have a problem with how Trump tried to use non-enforcement of the court orders as a bargaining chip. But mostly I think liberals are wrong to be freaking out over the enforcement of a lawfully rendered court order of deportation. The problem we have ultimately is not that we enforce the law (sometimes), the problem is that the law is badly built and doesn't suit our needs. We should be drafting a big legislative overhaul instead of trying to rewrite the rules by administrative fiat on the one hand and by public demonstration on the other. We've tried and failed under Obama and under Bush, but this administration isn't even trying to make a real fix.

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

8. Nook

Nook Member

This is patently untrue.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. JuanValdez

They're only looking to pick up 2 thousand people across 10 major cities. I'm not very surprised that not a lot of movement is being detected with such a low target.

Anyway, I searched to find where that 2% came from. Surely, I figure, that is a measure of something and they just characterized what it represented -- like maybe it is 2% of murder suspects let out on their own recognizance show up for their court dates or something like that. I did find that Fox & Friends said it first. But I was not able to find any way to rationalize that number. It looks like they literally made it up.

10. Nook

Nook Member

I have a friend that is an ICE officer. First their unsupervised overtime is absurd.... but I digress.

They shouldn't be abolished. He arrests a lot of people that have done some horrible things. For years he has told me about a lot of their raids in Chicago. Often times they target people that have put themselves on the radar by committing violent crimes. A lot of gang members, domestic cases and a lot of people being sent back to places like China and Eastern Europe.

Right now, understandably so, a lot of emphasis is being put on Hispanics at the border and their treatment. He told me that a lot of the vice officers view the criminals from Russia and that area of the world, and Chinese as a bigger threat. A lot of organized crime is through that part of the world, and there are a lot of people that come here from China or Russia that over stay their visas and live off the grid making money off of illegal means. Some of them even come from the Canadian border.

The offenders that are from Russia and China are typically far more dangerous because they are part of an organized criminal syndicate and they do not want to be deported because they face very long prison terms or possible death in their home country.

The worst story he told me was about a Chinese citizen that was here illegally, and that had been accused of loan sharking and murder. He was set to be deported to China. He insisted that he would be killed in China. The Judge still set him for deportation. On the plane (commercial) he told my friend again that he could not go back to China. My friend and another officer sat on each side of him on the plane. In the seat in front of him was a kid using a pencil to draw. The guy being deported grabbed the pencil and shoved it in the eye socket of the kid. As a result, he was not deported and was charged in the USA. The guy said he did it so he could be detained in the USA and not be killed in China.

I think we need to have oversight on ICE (which is currently minimal) but we do need them. There are some people that come to the USA to make money and hurt people. There are some people that are just criminals. I am not saying the vast majority of people in this country illegally are dangerous. In fact I know that isn't the case. However there still needs to be a way to account for someone that gets on a plane and lands in Canada and then walks into the USA with no one knowing or someone that overstays a visa and lives off the grid.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

That airplane story seems real sketchy. No hits on Google and the mechanics of a grown man in a middle seat reaching over a middle seat where it's hard to see what that person is doing and being able to grab a pencil and shove it in the eye of the child is hard to believe. Especially considering two trained professionals are sitting on either side of him.

12. Nook

Nook Member

I highly doubt he made it up. I know it really bothered him. As for why it was not in the papers, I do not know unless they did not want it in the papers (that is my speculation). I was surprised that people that are not US citizens were sent back to their home country and sometimes are killed. I am surprised that is not something that is covered by the media. I also did not realize that some countries refuse to take back their citizens. In some cases we literally release them in bordering countries and some will sit in definitely in our custody.

This was all news to me, as I had to admit before becoming friends, I never thought about what happened to deported people.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. mick fry

mick fry Member

Why wasn’t he restrained in some manner? Seems to me a giant lawsuit would be in order.

14. TheresTheDagger

Remember when Dems said last winter there was no border crisis?

I remember.

mick fry likes this.
  15. JuanValdez

I remember it as a mishmash of (1) dumb liberals, (2) liberals using shorthand and being bad at expressing their thoughts, and (3) a lot of willful misinterpretation by conservatives. The crisis is in Central America. It caused a wave of immigration that overtaxed the resources of CBP which was made worse by the Admin's policy of arresting and housing as many crossers as possible. It was an operational problem made into a crisis because of intentional Administrative policy, and the politicization of the issue foreclosed any possibility of a legislative compromise to properly address it. So now I would call it a crisis but it's not a crisis of refugees showing up, it is a crisis of federal agencies completely mismanaging them. The idea that Democrats just stuck their heads in the sand as the crisis developed is a strawman.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. TheresTheDagger

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called the situation "a fake crisis at the border."
    Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer called it "a crisis that does not exist."
    House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer said, "There is no crisis at the border."
    House Democratic Caucus Chairman Hakeem Jeffries said, "There is no crisis at the border."
    House Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Eliot Engel called the situation "a fake crisis at the border."
    House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler said, "There is no crisis at the border."
    Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, former chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee, said, "We don't have a border crisis."
    Rep. Lloyd Doggett called the situation "a phony border crisis."
    Rep. Earl Blumenauer called it "a fake crisis at the border."
    Rep. Sanford Bishop called it "a crisis that does not exist."
    Reps. Jesus Garcia, Jose Serrano, Suzanne Bonamici, Donald Beyer, Pramila Jayapal, and Adriano Espaillat called it a "nonexistent border crisis."
    Former congressman and current California Attorney General Xavier Becerra said, "There is no border crisis."

Plenty of Never Trumper Republicans, Hollywood hosts, and other television commenters weighed in too.

Sorry, can't agree with your assessment here Juan.

JuanValdez and mick fry like this.
  17. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I would tend to agree; it's too fantastical.

18. conquistador#11

Had Cameron Poe been on that plane, he would have prevented this tragedy.

19. mick fry

mick fry Member

Hell they created the border crisis, who do you think funded the caravans?

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Soros. No joke.