1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trevor Ariza Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Why not?, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think they will be fine without him. If Luc is healthy he is as good as ariza.

napalm06 and cebu like this.
  2. mightybosstone

From a personnel standpoint, Trevor is replaceable. His defense is stellar, but he definitely gave Corey Brewer a run for his money for the award for "most wide open 3-pointers clanked in a Rockets uniform." They can find a better 3-point shooter who is 80 percent as good as Ariza on defense for half that salary.

But personally, I'll miss the guy. He's a professional, always brought good energy and is just genuinely a very likeable dude. I remember when the Rockets let Parsons walk and signed Ariza for half the money, the media lit into Morey. Now Morey looks like a genius for that in hindsight, and I couldn't be much happier with how his time in Houston played out.

Thanks for the contributions, Trevor. I'll miss hearing "Ariza for threeza!" every night. Call Morey up in a couple of years if you want to go for the trifecta and retire a Rocket.

3. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Its a 1 year deal. He could still retire a rocket.

4. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

Trevor was one of the most frustrating athletes to me...... had all the physical tools to be a high flyer but didn’t..... there were so many times where he could have gone right over someone with a tomahawk dunk, instead he would try so weird ass reverse turnaround..... so weird

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I don't normally post in these types of threads. But here I am because I really appreciated what Ariza did for this team. He was a rock. He had his faults, sure. But his professionalism (in tough times) was important. As Harden's wing-mate he was important.

Also, Ariza's durability shouldn't be overlooked.

cbs1507 and craguin like this.
  6. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

One of our most underappreciated players ever, relative to his contributions. Did the work that doesn't make the highlights. I'm glad he's getting a payday.

Having said that, I think State Farm can find a cast member with a better singing voice.

tycoonchip and craguin like this.
  7. cebu

cebu Member

don't see news about him but we'll definitely need him with Ariza gone.

8. BALLhog 247 365

He had better knees than parsons, and for that I appreciate him

9. izeroi

izeroi Member

Thanks for the memories and state farm commercial.

10. Mr. Space City

i appreciate when he tried to fight austin rivers.

Tfor3 likes this.
  11. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ariza is a true all around player. That is surprisingly hard to find and often underappreciated.
    As OKCRocket commented earlier in this thread, Trevor gave us a lot of (healthy and drama free) minutes that need to be replaced.

12. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Good guy, good baller. He’s a rock.

13. DFW_Rockets_Fan

DFW_Rockets_Fan Contributing Member

Bummer. Definitely appreciated everything he brought to the table.

Tfor3 likes this.
  14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This

15. MadMaxwell

MadMaxwell Member

Ariza was our modern day Shane Battier. He was our iron man and always put the team first. Good luck in Phoenix and thanks for the memories.

16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

It wasn't just about his defense. It was really about being a glue guy. He's the player that puts stars and egos in check. He didn't do flashy dunks later in his age because the man spent all his time either babying Dwight or babying Harden. Then it was this season making sure everyone was getting along just fine.
    If anyone watched the ESPN series Kobe Details, you can hear Kobe praising Ariza's defense. Where to position his hand, what hands he used.
    The man will be missed. I am definitely more in shock of us losing Ariza than I am of us not getting Lebron.

17. macan

macan Member

wish him best of luck, we had a good run

18. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

19. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Get your money, and come back to us after they buy you out.

20. parlaynhustle

parlaynhustle Contributing Member

I was just watching nba the jump and they brought up a point if Phoenix doesn’t do well by mid season. It could be a possibility he be bought out and resign with the rockets. That would be awesome. Lol