1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady says Rockets can win West... agree?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by varughese.arun, Jan 4, 2017.

?

You think the Rockets win 2017 WCF?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. varughese.arun

Who agrees? I DO!

swyyyguy and Fawkward like this.
  2. the shark

the shark Member

Does anyone really give a damn what Tracy has to say?

No Worries and J.R. like this.
  3. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

His opinion means very little given the fact he rooted against us in the playoffs against the Lakers.

vtjsr2 likes this.
  4. varughese.arun

Haa...but what do you have to say? you think we can do it?

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't hate Tracy like most on this board seem to. I got frustrated with him when he quit on us, but before that he gave this franchise everything he had and we got stung by bad luck, bad officiating and injuries.

However, as a commentator I don't find him very insightful or relevant at all.

To answer the poll question...

CAN we win the West? Sure, of course we CAN. I consider it extremely unlikely, but if the shooters get hot and stay hot, absolutely we can. Rockets are a math equation. If they take X number of threes and hit at Y percentage they win.

#5 justtxyank, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    Exiled and DudeWah like this.
  6. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I don't care what that idiot says. No one should care about this bandwagon, loser.

Rodman23 and J.R. like this.
  7. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Bullips looks like a fool bringing up FTs!

adw, HakeemOnlyFan, juanm34 and 3 others like this.
  8. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Some positives....

Rockets Team Stats

#3 Points Off Turnovers
    #5 2nd Chance Points
    #4 Fast Break Points
    #6 Points in the Paint

#4 Net Rtg

#2 Effective Field Goal Percentage
    #2 True Shooting Percentage
    #5 3PT%

HakeemOnlyFan and BigMaloe like this.
  9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

We shouldn't make it our goal imo. We should just keep working on improving game to game and as long as we are securing homecourt, don't over exert our band of injury prone guys. Tactically, we haven't stopped improving defensively or offensively since game 10 and that's the right way to go about things. I would prioritize improving our play when the pace slows down and grinding games out with defense. It would have a far greater impact on playoff success than being a higher seed imo. This team has to be ready for when refs swallow the whistle, allow more fouls on Harden, and opponents get rough and tough to slow us down.

With the way Anderson is playing on the road vs at home, I almost prefer that we are on the road from the 2nd round onwards. I kid I kid. A little bit.

RocketWalta and varughese.arun like this.
  10. varughese.arun

I'm not sure if an
    Hahahaha... I was thinking the same thing when I heard that

11. varughese.arun

rocketsfan611, Richie_Rich and cdrive like this.
  12. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

the great one speaks truth.

13. bongman

bongman Member

Tracy should have said, "if we don't get to the finals, it's on me! "

14. photojoe

photojoe Member

The fact that we can at all, or at least in the discussion, is a good thing.

OKC, as long as Westbrook stays healthy, will make the playoffs. I don't think they have any chance to win the WCF. Utah looks pretty good and they will make the playoffs. I don't give them any chance either. Same with Memphis.

If we had playoff series against any of those teams they would most likely be very tough series. But, while those are good teams, I don't consider them as legitimate contenders.

Houston isn't the favorite, of course. But the fact that we are even saying that they could is a good sign. Much better than where I or just about anyone else was predicting before the season started.

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I hate when people don't acknowledge the defensive improvement from this group. They will only get better. That notion that they don't play defense is dead

16. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

If Steph Curry gets in a motorcycle wreck or something, sure, the Rockets can totally win it. To be real, I'll consider a conference finals appearance this year to be a huge success. The Spurs and Clippers are very good, too. In the playoffs, anything can happen, but you have to get there (and get a good seed) for it to happen to you. Beating the Warriors isn't so crazy as to be out of the realm of possibility, but the Rockets would be at least as big an underdog as they were heading into last year's playoff series.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Holy crap Billups is an idiot. We can't get to the FT line? Does he know what he's talking about?

18. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

It is very refreshing to see someone of his stature adamantly support our team on the national stage.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I felt the Wizards game the other night was a little preview of this. Refs weren't giving either team much of anything.