1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top Ten List of Things I Tired of Reading

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NCSTATEFAN, Jan 6, 2002.

1. NCSTATEFAN

NCSTATEFAN Member

Top Ten List of Things I'm Tired of Reading

Top Ten List of Things I'm Tired of Reading
    About

10. b****ing about trading for Rice
    9. Chris Mihm trade talk
    8. b****ing about signing Pippen 4 years ago
    7. b****ing about signing Norris
    6. b****ing about signing Taylor
    5. Tanking the season to move up in the draft.
    4. Trading Cuttino Mobley BEFORE we get Francis to sign a long-term deal.
    3. Who we should have drafted instead of Eddie Griffin.
    2. Trading our bums for another teams young stars.
    1. Someone trading for Kelvin Cato, even for a package of sandwich meat.

#1 NCSTATEFAN, Jan 6, 2002
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2002
  2. TroyBaros

TroyBaros "Special" Friend of Steve Francis

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yeah ahight whatever

4. Hydra

Hydra Member

Indignation at bad trades. This is a Rockets board, all trades will probably be in the Rockets' favor. This means you NugzFan. :p

5. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

who me? :)

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

N.C. State sucks :p

So who would you have drafted instead of Griffin?

7. NCSTATEFAN

NCSTATEFAN Member

NCSU definitely is not an elite sports program. Basketball and football programs always seem to fall within top 30-50 in the nation. Yeah, they are mediocre, I hate it :mad:

I have no gripes about drafting Griffin. I thought he was best player in the draft. All-star has not even come upon us, and weak-hearted, anxious fans are already quoting stats of players drafted below Griffin. One day its Jefferson, the next day its Haywood, etc etc etc. Griffin has already shown talent, give the guy a break!

8. Angle02

Angle02 Member

UMMMMMM... Didn't we trade for Griffin instead of drafting him???
    I recall us drafting Richard Jefferson.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Don't like reading it....then don't.

Just don't whine about it.

DD

10. NCSTATEFAN

NCSTATEFAN Member

Well don't whine about me whining........

11. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

This is Rockets board -fans tend to observe things that would make thier team better. Even if we do not make the playoffs I am hopeful the team will grow. As a true fan -if I see a trade that will be detrimental to us for years- like Glen Rice taking up 9mil in cap space or what we had to give Pippen away for no talent, or signing Matt Maloney to a long term deal, then it is my right and obligation as a true fan to note that if we avoid these bone headed deals we can grow and improve. You may not like seeing these issues arise again, but every one of these actions affects the Rockets viability now and in the future. We have been weakened by some of these trades.......

12. NCSTATEFAN

NCSTATEFAN Member

Well, I use to enjoy coming to this board to read what used to be an informative analysis of players, and teams. Lately the talk is just plain repetitive. So maybe your right, I need to find a board that is not filled with the same old same old (trade Cato for Shaq, Mobley for Bryant, another Bum for McDyess). What we should have done had the franchise been able to run 100 % optimal trades. The crap some of you come up is beyond reality, but you post the sheit like it's possible a team can 100% accurately draft the best player. This isn't freakin nintendo. So do your staus quo statements about rights, yadda yadda yadda. Your gonna drive yourself crazy thinking about things you can not change. GM's are gonna make bad moves, players in the draft are gonna bust, ever trade will not work in your favor.
    And no, I absolutely do not care if you think-a-like sheeps' bash my post. Your reactions are identical to what i have to surf through looking for some fresh news. SOOOOO lets hear it sheep

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Joe Joe's Top Ten List he's tired of reading about.

10. Misleading titles that lead me to a stupid topic.

9. People bashing what other's our talking about. (I'm a Mihm fan and I don't see him as an untouchable superstar) If you don't want to read a thread don't open it.

8. Side conversation/arguments that ruin a quality thread. Open another thread if you want to talk about something off topic.

7. Stupid posts like my favorite, "you're stupid".

6. RealGM bashing. Its a good site, but is used incorrectly a lot by posters here. Bash the people that use it incorrectly, not the site.....didn't SouthPark the movie teach you anything....Blame the person, not the environment.

5. Salaries don't match up so it can't happen. GM's in my opinion do a good job coming up with bizarre trade scenarios to match $2 million dollar salary to a $6 million dollar salary and do a good job of completing trades at the right time. See Kong. $2 mil to $12 mil, now that would be dificult and should be said in a courteous manner the problem with the trade.

4. Condensing tones. This board has lost some of the semblance of politeness it once had. A lot of posters try to portray everything as black or white, but its plain to see I live in a burnt orange world.

3. Moochie dribbles too much. Moochie's dribbling is more a symptom of the problem than the problem itself. It is part of a larger problem, "Moochie has nothing better to do with the ball than dribble it". This is a team problem which Moochie is a part of but not the sole member.

2. Name calling. I've been refered to as a Rudy basher and a Rudy apologist. I'm currently a Rudy supporter and would prefer to be called as such, but if you want to call me childess names, go ahead.

1. Cursing.

I've done must of the above, but to low degrees usually.

Good Post NCSTATEFAN, but I do think you exxagerate some things. For one, It's been atleast three days since someone has proposed a trade for Kobe.

14. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

NCstatefan

Your post has merit. There is too much re- hashing of player moves and deals. There is no point in speculating about trades that are unrealistic.

I like the site because I learn a lot from people / fans that are a lot smarter than I am and I like talking about the Rockets. I have hope they will improve. There are endless scenarios that speculate how we get there. I enjoy what others have to say whether I agree or not.

Thank you for the post - It made me examine my own perspective.

15. DaDakota

Whining about someone whining is acceptable, but whining about someone whining about your whining is adhorent.

:D

DaDakota

16. NCSTATEFAN

NCSTATEFAN Member

Okay, Okay, im working on it! :D

17. montgo

montgo Contributing Member

Gentleman:

let's be pragmatic about this. this board is about all sorts of ideas and exchanges--some good and some bad. we police ourselves and this site lives and breaths through our key strokes. I ask you, "what would exist if we could not: speculate, play arm-chair gm, dream about what ifs, complain about the refs, the attedance, the players, the coaches, the security guards, the compaq center concessions, other posters, the trades..blablabla?"

My point here is that this forum is a unique setting where you can say whatever you want (within in the moral rules of play), be who ever you want and best of all, play GM/Coach/Ref/Owner/Commish/SuperFan for a moment in cyberspace. Take away your top ten list and any other things you hate and you take away the very existence of this board! I

have found that within the cyber doors are some vibrant, amusing, entertaining and worthwhile exchanges...and yes, as a fan of the game, sometimes you take the good with the bad. My suggestion is that if you are tired of reading things that bore or confine your intellectual basketball juices, then begin your own threads; other, than complaining about someone else's obsessions...if you do not, you are as much contributing to your own declarations.

18. cmrockfan

cmrockfan Member

I could add a few-

- Whining about Rudy T.'s coaching when the team is at half strength.

- Picking on Lisa Malosky for her looks. I am sure a few of you out there would never be confused for male models, yet you attack a very nice woman like Malosky for superficial reasons. Tsk, tsk.

- Anybody who dare calls for an end to the Pippen bashing.

19. DaDakota

CmRockfan is right, quit picking on Horse Malosky.

Sheesh...some people.

DD

20. NCSTATEFAN

NCSTATEFAN Member

Sorry, that jack crap post doesn't fly with me. How do you like that??? Whatcha gonna do now????:D

Another note, one post does not equal an obsession.

Rudys coaching sucks, rehashing the 98 draft sucks, your momma and your daddy sucks, and im gonna eat your children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#20 NCSTATEFAN, Jan 6, 2002
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2002