1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tom Thibodeau???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T_Man, Mar 12, 2015.

1. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

So with Tom Thibodeau still having major issues with Chicago management, does Morey roll the dice and release McHale and hire him...

Personally, I think we would have a dynasty on our hands if that happens...

T_Man

2. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Harden would die before the playoffs

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Harden won't see the age of 27. :p

4. RESINator

RESINator Member

Unless Morey changes his tune, I doubt Thibs will want to take orders from him.

McHale is a players coach and puppet. That is what Morey and Les need. First round exit is A okay according to them.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Obviously, I'm sure JVG would put in a good word for Thibs too since he's such a Rockets fan and was also his mentor.

I don't believe that he runs his players into the ground and is the cause of all those injuries, really it's just Rose who gets hurt every year. Butler was hurt on some freak play where his elbow jammed

I don't think McHale is ever going to cut it, I hope he proves me wrong of course. I HOPE I am wrong but I just don't see it.

1 person likes this.
  6. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

No way, him and Morey would clash so hard.

7. T_Man

So is Morey the Jerry Jones of basketball?

Does he want a YES man Coach???

T_Man

8. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty much. I don't see Morey hiring another coach with much of a back bone, IF they get rid of McHale.

9. Exiled

Exiled Member

I see it in an opposite way, Moray bring good players , Les pay fthem, McHale does't know how to use them

10. T_Man

So this would mean Morey rolls the dice on a coach or we keep the revolving carousel...

So we want a new coach... But not someone like Thibs that is strong will and demands defense?

Interesting dilemma we have on our hands...

T_Man

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I just don't see Les backtracking on McHale, especially since the extension mid-season (for no reason). Even though the money is guaranteed either way, I think we're stuck with McHale (for better or worse) for another 3 years. Hopefully McHale earns that contract in the post season, but even if he doesn't, he still gets paid. This is very similar to Les saying "no worries on the first round" (since he gets paid too, even if Rockets are home at the end of April).

12. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Man, I've been a supporter of McHale from the beginning. Now is the only time I've really thought maybe I shouldn't be.

McHale was on what is considered the greatest NBA team ever assembled. He was a hall of fame player. Why can't that translate into adequate coaching on a consistent basis

He beat the Rockets in the finals. I thought maybe he would want to make it up to us but it's looking like he's continuing his legacy of denying the championship to the Rockets

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A great player does not translate to being a great coach. He is just average at his job.

14. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Hah. I know. Rhetorical question.

I'm willing to write this off as just another bad game from a team thats getting worn out toward the end of the season (they're allowed a few) but dang this came at an absolute terrible time. We had every chance to take advantage of Memphis losing twice.

15. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

He needs to coach Anthony davis

16. rocketsmetalspd

The next Rockets coach should come from the Rockets ex-players: Sam Cassell, Mario Elie, Calvin Murphy

17. T_Man

Hmmmm.... Sounds like Magic Johnson..

T_Man

18. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Calvin Murphy as coach would be HILARIOUS.

Of course, can't knock him until he's tried

19. theredbackpack

if calvin murphy became the coach i'd do what i'd could to get season tickets, i'd get a rockets face tat, i'd exclusively wear rockets clothing, i would trick out my car to be a full "rockets-mobile." i'd go to war with murph.

20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I hate McHale as a head coach.
    But with all this talk about the players loving him... Seems like you'd be biting off more than you can chew firing him completely.

I'd keep him around in some capacity with the team. Maybe working with the big men?

And throw the whole checkbook at Thibs.

I would LOVE to have him.