1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tim Hardaway: 'I Hate Gay People'

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Faos, Feb 14, 2007.

1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I'm avoiding the D&D for now rhad after I got into a major tiff with jo mama. I decided to re-evaluate how I express my opinions since apparently some people get mad at me so easily.

for the record, my opinion was that pedophilia, homosexuality, preference to eat a pastrami sandwich while doing it, watching Suzanne Sommers videos, doing it missionary style, etc. are all things that turn different people on. Your normal lifestyle should not be based on the choices you make in the bedroom.

I don't want to go into that though. I'm avoiding the D&D for a reason =P

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Wow...I heard this for the first time this morning on sportsradio. What awful comments.

3. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Understood. For the record, I was never mad at your opinions (no matter how assinine :p ). Your reactions irked me, however.

Regardless, sorry for calling you out in this thread. That was unnecessary.

#103 rhadamanthus, Feb 15, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

'Hardaway has reportedly been removed from further league-related appearances.'

5. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Oh good, I won my own bet I had made that I had thought I lost.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

LOL, posters named "Party Boy" from San Francisco = Gayer than the village people. I'd cut the theorizing.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

too bad for Hardaway. What a misguided idiotic view. I don't understand the bigotry he has.

What a shame. I hope we(society) are able to make great strides against the kind of bigotry that homosexuals receive.

8. univac hal

univac hal Contributing Member

Don't jump on me, but how about equating homosexual urges with paedophilic urges? Both are likely natural and uncontrollable. Both are hardly the sexual norm. The difference is that one is okay because it doesn't hurt anybody if acted upon, and because love can come into the equation

So I actually think homosexuals are pretty lucky in that respect.. if fate/genetics/God dictates that my sexual preferences are to fall outside the majority, I'd rather they swing towards other guys than towards children, animals or what have you

Discrimination against homosexuals is contemptible, so please, go ahead with the homophobe bashing - but at the same time, spare a thought for the guy who gets thrown in jail for ****ing a tree

9. astrorockette

astrorockette Member

How would you know? Are you a black man or are you just spreading more bigoted nonsense based on a perception?

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Homosapien that is !

:D

DD

11. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

It's funny he would mention that since a lot of black male celebrities are always involved in rumors of being on the downlow.

12. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

that is your reality - not everyones.

i saw an interview w/ dennis rodman last nite and he hit the nail on the head - "who cares?". as long as the person is a professional and comes to practice and plays what they do in their off time is their own buisness.

13. jo mama

ha ha :D

child rape = homosexuality. yup - thats about right for silly old hotballa.

14. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

What a vile selfish piece of crap.

Rocket River

This is much worse than the kids dressing black on MLK day. They never said they HATED black people. They apologized.

Christans who deny that gay people even exist should also take some of the blame for this kind of hatred.

15. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Tracy McGrady was a former teammate of Amaechi's in Orlando. "I"m the type of dude who don't give a f---" says McGrady. "I don't care what you are as long as you're doing what you're supposed to be doing on the court. You could be the most flaming (guy) on earth and answer to boyfriend and kiss him after the game as long as you don't try it with me. I just want to win. And that's how I am. To each his own, be yourself, and be proud of it. Everything else is just a bunch of crap."

16. jo mama

a "major tiff"? :D god, you are sooo gay!

seems you are avoiding the d&d b/c you were proven to be utterly and totally wrong. in the face of mountains of indisputable facts you continue to argue against them, rather than be a man and just admit you were wrong.

you chase me around starting arguments and than get all upset when i respond. why are you such a baby? just be a man and admit how wrong you are.

here is the thread in question - i guess if i was going down as badly as you i would bail out for awhile too.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=124371

(i found your comments in page 4 to be absolutely priceless!)

#116 jo mama, Feb 15, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  17. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I understand what you're trying to say. I think the much closer comparison is between the pedophile and the potential rapist (of adult women). Both have sexual urges that, by definition, harm someone else if they are ever fulfilled.

18. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was very happy when I read that quote from McGrady.

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are mistaken, there are tests and experiments showing that homosexuality can be biological.(there are tests the other way as well.)

But there are none showing that the homophobia and that kind of bigotry is biological.

abnormal genetics does not equal illness or something wrong.

Yao Ming has abnormal genetics even with his tall parents. That doesn't mean it is wrong for him to be that tall or some sort of illness.

20. jdrock

jdrock Member

It's sad that there are still so many close-minded, bigoted people in this world, as evidenced by the comments in this thread.

My personal philosophy is that if it doesn't harm to anyone, then it's ok to do. The vast majority of homosexuals do not harm anyone, so what's the problem?

To add on to that philosophy, I say that if it doesn't harm anyone and it makes that person happy, then why disagree with it?

To put it simply, if a gay person is not harming anyone by being gay, and being gay makes him happy, then why would you be opposed to it? The only reasoning is that you are a bigot.