1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This season is NOT over yet. Stop talking like it is.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EssTooKayTD, Apr 28, 2008.

1. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

This is supposed to be a Rockets fan bbs.

If we took this board's general mood and translated it to the Toyota Center, you'd see the same empty arena with no energy that most here complain about.

1-3 doesn't look good. Our win didn't look good. Our losses don't look good. But we haven't been blown out yet.

I repeat, this season is not over. Reserve all this offseason BS for when it's truly the offseason. Show some faith, even if it's empty hopes.

This season is not over. It is still alive at least until Tuesday night. Even then I won't say it's over until there is zeros on the clock and our score is lower than theirs. I just won't admit defeat before I have to.

2. yo

yo Contributing Member

Keep telling yourself that.

3. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I agree with you, but at the same time what are we supposed to talk about the last game and Tuesday's game?

All the games have pretty much gone the same way. Strategies haven't really changed, so there's not much to discuss there. No injuries to speak of. I don't know. I think people are just killing time with the off-season type threads.

4. HoustonRockets

one game at a time. I feel like Rockets have a new game plan or will play much better.

5. Carlos Nice

Carlos Nice Rookie

the Rockets have jumped out of a plan at 15,000 feet with no parachute...they're just waiting to hit the ground...

and while they're doing that we're posting up trade proposals and wishing that we had better players...something that Morey failed to do this year...

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm looking at game 5 only. I can see where people are coming from after being 3-1, but it's not like we've been blown out every game.

I'll wait to see if we are eliminated or we show some heart and grit on game 5.

7. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Well, there are plenty of TMac needs to do this, or he should have done this threads. Plenty of debate going on about that. Whether you agree with opinions or not, the timing of the conversations is on point.

Mentioning trade proposals in a lost season is even understandable. Talking about off-season trades if we were the Nuggets basically gettin blown out of every game is also understandable.

Assuming all fans here watched all the games, they know that they were all down to the end of the fourth where we either made the crucial plays or didn't. ANY of the games we lost could have been wins with just a couple of things happening differently.

What are the chances that we lose the next game? Probable. Losing the series? Likely. But it's not done yet. This is the same board b****ing b/c someone tells them to sit down at a Rockets game.

And here they are throwing in the towel. Same people complaining that TMac quits when he's going out there obviously trying, good or bad, win or lose. Sounds like this board is full of quitters and hypocrites.

8. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

just leave....

9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

We have the Jazz right where we want them. McGrady is pissed. Rafer will stick up for his boy. Our hustling forwards will continue to hustle. The Rockets will take game 5. Then they'll know the opportunity they'll have to tie it up in game 6. It'll be hard, but I think they should be able to pull it off. Game 7? Who knows.

All I want is to make as many teams suffer as possible in the wake of a Yao-less rockets season, and how sweet would it be to toss Utah and possible the Fakers to the curb? No one, no one can lie that we've been in "next season" mantra mode since Yao went down, despite the streak. I want other teams(and fans) to experience the same lows at our hands. GS is already experiencing that feeling far sooner than they expected.

But unless Landry and AB become absolute man-beasts for a while, the rockets will go down this year w/o divine intervention. And after that, then what? Well it's scouting time. What will we be looking for in the draft? Hmm, let's see. BPA is always the best plan, but preferably I think we could use a tall wingman. Another shot in the dark at pg wouldn't be a bad idea either, as well as nabbing a backup to Yao. Whoever we get I'm sure it'll come as some big surprise that no one really expected. I mean, 90% of the board wasn't expecting Brooks or Landry, and I expect that trend to continue. Regardless, that pick wont likely be a contributer and I wouldn't be surprised to see it traded away as proof of how useless the aforementioned player may be.

And then what? Time to get the roster in order. Head needs to be gotten rid of. He just doesn't cut the mustard and never has. Better to give his minutes to someone who may actually be useful in the playoffs someday. Trade McGrady? Quite possibly. He isn't getting any younger, and if some star starved team makes the right offer, it certainly makes sense to get some new blood in here that could perhaps run in RA's system more effectively. I could see Battier moved if the right deal came up, because as much as I value him, it's possible you could trade his intangibles for greater tangibles. Point guard needs an upgrade. Power forward is awesome now for the first time since forever, though it could use an upgrade if something decent came along. And I just don't see us getting away from Yao ever. But as he ages I do think they should really find a way to limit his minutes. Give him a Sabonis role.

All they need to do is surround him with the right players. But the question is, is the time for finding them running out? can we get those players in time? How many of those players do we already have, if any? Really? I think we have more than that. We'll have to wait and see if Morey believes the same this offseason fellow rocket fans. :cool: Or will he just be impotent again? He land MJ and SF after all .... coulda done better there, even though hindsight is something something. Kinda like with CD. OMG dude, so many ****ed up drafts and player evaluations. 2 words: Shandon Anderson. lol. and Walt Williams. Di d you know we could have had Hakeem Jordan AND Drexler?

And that we could have traded Cato for Marion? Of course there wa s that awesome KLeiza deal. ANd Brooks For Artest. Still not sure about that one but have to put somethign on there more recent. Go rockets. **** the JAzz.

10. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

as much as i'd like to believe you, i really doubt the Rox wanted to go down 3-1 in this series >_>

11. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

It's a rockets fan site

thats why people are talking about the season being over....fans tend to do that.

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Fans have no heart. Ironically these fans are the same people who said t- mac has no heart and has given up the series.

O well, I guess if you're not famous you can be a hypocrite. Lets all criticize laker fans cause they are all fair weathered people. Lets give up the series and start making fun of our own players.

God sakes people, if you don't think the rockets will win, quit spreading it. Its morally wrong to insult and knock off hopes off other rocket players because you think you're living reality and you think they have no chance.

Honestly, lets just hope the posters here are nothing like the people in toyota centre. I mean if it was true, we'll be seeing our own fans throwing bottles at our own players.

13. krockets

krockets Member

I agree with you. We are still officially in the game, so we should not worry about anything else other than Game 5.

14. krockets

krockets Member

I agree with you. We are still officially in the game, so we should not worry about anything else other than Game 5.

15. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

you know what, kudos to you for actually reading that. Even if partly. I just felt like rambling in a rambling thread. I actually do believe most of that, til I started getting too silly and off tangent at the end.

Bottom line. Offseason talk is year round. It's part of what makes the bbs interesting. And there isn't THAT much of it going on. What is happening right now is very typical of the bbs and a shout in the dark isn't going to do terribly much, but I guess I can see it being theraputic(don't feel like looking up the correct spelling, sorry).

16. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

How did our win not look good? You people must realize that only 4 TEAMS beat them in the regular season. We almost beat them twice in a row there. Both of those were good games on our part.

17. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nope Nice Rollin for some reason if we get upset here at Clutfans.net then we are not fans as some say ! I come here to vent and yes I get extremly angry when the Roxs lose. My days are ruined until the next game but theirs always someone who's like " Geez guys your not a fan cause your not always happy like me ! Go team Go Rockets ! " Its like those that say " that was a great game even though the Rockets lost ! " WTF ! If you lose its not great ! Yes if they play tough then we can be proud but sorry buddy I'm gonna be pissed and upset for a little while and when I come to this board I just love to read the funny posts and most of them are angry or sarcastic posts ! This is my anti-depression medication and I am so glad that so many of you make me laugh and cheer me up ! " So come on guys its a great game whether you win or lose !!!! " :D

18. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

I think it's horrible that the game is on NBATV... and not TNT. :(

There.

I got out my biggest frustration about the "season."

And I'll see you guys on the flip side talking about what we do in game 6.

19. Landlord Landry

you're right, the rockets season will be over on thursday.

20. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

way too many trolls, and way too few believers.
    I say, at least don't start trolling until after tomorrow's game. :D