1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This Rockets Squad Is NOT Championship-Ready

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ABS, Feb 14, 2017.

1. ABS

ABS Member

We need a big like Ibaka, and we need depth with the 2nd unit. Anderson is the WRONG piece at the 4. If he can model his game like Ibaka we'd be legit but that's like asking Miley Cyrus to be like Beyonce. Won't happen.

And Eric Gordon need a sidekick besides Bev at the point. Dekker doesn't cut it because he's not a natural shooter (or Scorer) and will tend to put the ball on the floor like a kid in a candy store. In the Playoffs, he will get SPANKED every time he does that because he's not wired like he think is....and like some fans think he is.

We need someone like Wilson Chandler that have ebbs and flows, depth and maturity to his game in how to responsibly find his shots in the seams of the offense. Dekker is simply not wired like that. It will force E. Gordon to be the only legit go-to guy with that unit.

And he will be effectively shut-down as the defense will plan and scheme against him, knowing nobody else is a threat with that 2nd unit. Once you shut down Gordon, that's 75% of your bench production right there.

A trade for depth is a MUST! We didn't get Ibaka but we can try for guys like:

- Wilson Chandler
    - Ben McLemore

The reasons being, these guys are natural scorers and shooters. They are locked-in as shooters in the same mode as Gordon. And someone like W. Chandler would know his game and strength enough to be reliable and make the 2nd unit click.

Otherwise, Nene and Montrezl would have to have perfect games to negate the defense pressure that will blanket Gordon.

As much as Morey think this squad is championship-ready, the more in reality it isn't. And it's clear to anyone with sense of the game. Morey is too high-strung thinking he scored a masterpiece with Anderson and Dekker. Smh.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Basically less white, more black.

OP is @J Hard part II

5 star thread. Would not read again, would recommend to black NBA lives matter movement.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

yet another useless thread where I can't tell if the rockets are 17-40 or 40-17

4. ABS

ABS Member

Less one-dimensional players and more multi-dimensional players.

I'm ABS and there is none like me.

5. ABS

ABS Member

....keep trying, buddy. You'll figure it out.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

a couple sentences and i had to stop reading so it's definitely 17-40...wait a minute

Fawkward likes this.
  7. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

How many threads will OP start this week?

Lawlruschang, ramotadab and BigMaloe like this.
  8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Why does this person have thread-starting privileges?

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Anything But Substance? Anything But Sense? Anything But Smarts?

10. ABS

ABS Member

C'mon, man. Im a newbie. I needed this last thread to get my privilege to use links and add a picture to my account. Surely you sympathize with me, right??

.....no???

Lawlruschang likes this.
  11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

People who just joined should not be allowed to have thread starting privileges... half the time they just spam the board with pointless opinion threads.

12. ABS

ABS Member

Symapthize with me. I was told to put up these posts to get privilege and stuff.

Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me???

Lawlruschang likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All Bull ****

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

@ABS

This post belongs in the trade idea thread. When you make a post suggesting different trade scenarios about "who we need", it's a trade idea post.

RocketWalta and Ramo$e like this.
  15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

At least they usually try making them substantively different, even if they're pointless. This is like the 3rd or 4th very specific "we need(ed) Ibaka/Chandler/McLemore" thread with a different title.

16. Rocketman2000

Rocketman2000 Contributing Member

I don't think there is anything good to be had without giving up too much our of current lot of players and picks.

Lawlruschang and Ramo$e like this.
  17. ABS

ABS Member

Duly noted.

And how and when do I get privilege to use links and put a picture on my profile pic???

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

YOU'RE not championship ready!!!

Ramo$e and Os Trigonum like this.
  19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Dude, stop creating new threads to make your same point. You already made this point in your first thread.

this ^^

You should already have all of this.

If not, don't respond to me here...that Deserves Its Own Thread :eek:. But create it in the Feedback forum.

20. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

What we really need is a damn coach that can use Brewer right. Stephen Silas is sitting at home saying WTF

Swapshop and napalm06 like this.