1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is why James Harden is hated

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ElPigto, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I like the couple of late 4th quarter 3's he hit (talking bout Harden) but those late foul calls on him the rest of the league loves it so we won't get a pity party.

2. VanityHalfBlack

Homers get mad when you criticize his game. LOL.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Harden gets rattled easily. God forbid a NBA level full court press is applied against Harden. Pressing him off the ball is the ultimate Harden stopper. I don't know if it's severe stamina limitations. That's what I'm theorizing.

I honestly believe Harden doesn't have the conditioning ability of a NBA guard to do basic NBA tasks for a guard after playing 35+ minutes of full court basketball. He tries to mask this by completely being useless off the ball and standing there. That's his recharge time.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think the issue with the press is . .. most times esp when they are up on him . . ..
    their is pulling and tugging and pushing . .. . .Refs let it go. . . .

When the Refs decide to allow BullyBall . . .the whole complexion of the game changes

Rocket River

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Of all the stuff said, true or false, this gets at one of my biggest issues with him. He doesn’t move very much.

Off the ball he just stands there. He’ll have possessions where he gets the inbound pass and launches it to someone else and then just drags his feet up the court and stands at the top of the key. He reminds me of when I was a kid and my mom would tell me to pick up my feet when I walked.

roxallways, hakeem94 and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Particularly last night, the press meant the guy guarding him up the court was pushing him, grabbing his arm, etc. Harden definitely can’t handle that. The refs aren’t going to call those fouls, even though they are. Harden needs space to operate, he’s not athletic enough to shake guys that are good defenders consistently if they are allowed to get right up on him and hand check him.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

The good thing about this severe deficiency with Harden(falling apart from presses) is that it's pretty much completely masked when Chris Paul is healthy and playing full time.

Presses don't bother Paul one bit.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This has been an issue post 2015. He definitely did not have that problem the first few years he got here.

I wouldn't say he's still fat like 2016 but he's definitely not as explosive as he was in 2013-15.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  9. threepointshot3

Prior to straining or bruising his calf and then followed by the knee injury he looked pretty fluid especially off the dribble. For whatever reason he is not as explosive

10. fchowd0311

Maybe he conditioned himself better during the off-season and he lost some of that during the regular season? I wonder if he is keeping his rigid diet that he said he was on during the off-season?

Is he getting proper rest? If it's a lingering injury, he should sit out a couple of weeks once CP3 is back. .

11. threepointshot3

The rest thing was the right path ..I even suggested he miss both the Los Angeles teams games

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

When you're as good a flopper as Smart, you learn how to make it not seem like a flop.

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

The way Harden tries to get the ball is always pretty funny. It looks like he's trying to post up at the three point line. I think one of the reasons why he always brings up the ball so much is because it's actually hard sometimes to get the ball back to him because he can't shake his defenders.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He was referring to the brewer's goat, which is on target (brewer's goat only having negative things to say, and so on and so forth, until eternity). While the fellow falls low on the opinion scale, as far I'm I'm concerned (in English, I have a low opinion of the goat), I think his moniker would be a perfect name for a craft brew pub. I posted that somewhere earlier. Since I'm half asleep, it could be 2 pages back, or 6 threads down the forum page. ;)

ElPigto and Mr. Clutch like this.
  15. riko

riko Member

Brewer goat also uses other alternate accounts such as cheke, swayguy, sir ivy , hardens beard, rocketeer and many others. He is borderline psychotic

#115 riko, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Possibly, excepting Rocketeer, who is a legendary member here from way back and a wonderful artiste when it comes to creating Rockets wallpapers. He needs to uncork a few! That's assuming I spelled things right, being half asleep and all.

riko likes this.
  17. riko

riko Member

. This is a different guy. This guy joined in 2015. It’s definitely a alternate account

Deckard likes this.
  18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

@vlaurelio come in here and defend Harden.

19. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Why harden stole Lin’s glory

20. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

When did Lin ever have glory on the Rockets?