1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I've never understood why these idiots still chant for CM Punk.

So dumb.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It's not about CM Punk at this point. It's about trying to "put their crowd over."

And Undertaker vs Roman in a feud about who's yard it is.

DudeWah likes this.
  3. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Was that the first ever Joe/Y2J match?

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

How can anyone dislike Goldberg, the pro wrestler with an accountants name?

5. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Because he's yet to put on an entertaining match. He looks like a moron, he talks like a moron and a bully. **** him

6. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I dig the SD women's title match

There's only 7 active women on the roster though. Alexa, Becky, Mickie, Nattie, Tamina, Carmella, Eva Marie

I hope they bring up someone from NXT each week from now until WM. Obviously Asuka, is the best too really add some weight. Peyton, Billie, etc

7. SK34

SK34 Member

The problem here is that Nikki is feuding with Maryse so I don't think she will be part of that match. Although what would be interesting is that both Nikki and Maryse make surprise entrants into this match. Imagine Maryse winning, that would do wonders for both Miz and Maryse couple story feuding with Bryan going forth.

8. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Seth Freakin' Rollins!

How long is WM cause I count 15 matches

Orton/Wyatt
    Lesnar/Goldberg
    Owens/Jericho
    HHH/Rollins
    Taker/Reigns
    Styles/Shane
    Corbin/Ambrose
    Aries/Neville
    Sasha/Charlotte/Nia/Bayley
    SD Womens Championship
    Joe/Balor?
    Cena & Nikki/Miz & Maryse
    Andre The Giant Battle Royal
    Certified Gs/Cesaro & Sheamus/Club
    SD Tag Championship

9. SuraGotMadHops

They mostly do it when Triple H or Stephanie is on the mic just to show them up. In Punk's shoot with Colt Cabana he dogged Triple H and Vince pretty hard on how they treated him. I think when the crowd chants it's to say, "we're on Punk's side."

10. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

He's was a total prick too most of the active roster and the legends who work in behind the scenes roles plus I've not read hardly anything good from how he interacted with fans. Good riddance. He can b**** about how poorly he was treated and this and that. Vince gave him the longest WWE title run of anyone in the last 25 years. He got the Undertaker at WM, the Rock at the RR, Lesnar at SS, huge matches with Cena, HHH, etc.

Styles, Rollins, Owens, Zayn, Joe, Cesaro, etc are all more entertaining performers/former Ring of Honor champs

11. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Fwiw, met Punk after UFC 189, strolling through Venetian when we were leaving, he was cool as hell to take a pic with my cousin even when our phones weren't acting right and took longer than usual. He was about to leave but still stuck around till got our phones right. We tried to get AJ in the pic also, good god she's gorgeous in person, who was leaving Punk to hit up the club I'm assuming, but Punk said that it isn't her "thing" to stop for a pic with the fans.

Those 15 matches sound about right for WM, it's going to be 4+ hour show without the pre-show stuff. WM32 technically started at 6pm, pre-show was at 5pm, and didn't end till maybe 10:45pm. About the same for Summerslam last August. In other words, it's going to be long....

12. VanityHalfBlack

13. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

These are the kinda things Kota Ibushi would rather do probably for about 200-300 bucks rather than wrestle in NXT/Raw/205. Lol.

Roode vs Ohno was pretty great and I think that's first time I've seen Chris Hero on TV. He's going to have to drop about 30 and lose the bball jersey if he's going to be an NXT Champ down the road. NXT TV has been having some great shows the last 4-5 eps after a stretch of showcase/squash type booking for a good while.

14. VanityHalfBlack

Alright, speculation: who is getting the call up after mania?

15. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Asuka may be getting the call up before WM, she has been working SD house shows and may be put on TV as a part of the SD Women's Championship at WM.

Besides her, I think the loser of Shinsuke/Roode, either The Revival or #DIY, probably Tye Dillinger. I think those are the 5 most polished, TV ready guys/teams on NXT

16. Dave2000

Asuka is just working the house shows to cover Naomi, but possibly may still be called up

there was a poster for the upcoming Europe NXT tour and Nakamura was nowhere to be found, which probably means he's going to get called up soon. I'm still hoping Shane pulls a 180 and says he can't compete but found a replacement and it's Nakamura at Mania vs. AJ....that would be epic....but it's too good to be true if it happens

Revival joining Triple H's NXT stable woule be pretty sweet, and #DIY will probably start out with the 205 Division as they were advertised before they debuted the show

Anybody else making to WM? I'll be making the trip, just got tickets for Mania, Axxess on Saturday Morning, Wrestlecon, and probably the Hardy's BBQ before Mania. Going to try to get last min tickets to both NXT and Raw after, should be a fun weekend.

17. VanityHalfBlack

Paige's career is done folks. REST IN PEACE!!! Too lazy to post undertaker memes but you get the picture,hahahhah!

18. Dave2000

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

It's a nude day yes it is!

20. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Nakamura/Styles is a show stealer at WM and maybe the only two guys to rival Okada/Omega's super classic. Would love to see it at a WM.

I'd like Gargano and Ciampa to try and make it as a team. They are great at singles and could make it on 205, as a fallback. I'd put them on RAW, and let them have Alpha's role in the tag division. And Revival on SD that needs more heel teams to fued with Alpha and maybe the Hardys.

VanityHalfBlack and Dave2000 like this.