1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Ticket] Scoops Callahan Asks Phil Jackson His Last Question Ever

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by twhy77, May 9, 2011.

1. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

This is more on topic of sports radio than it is Phil Jackson.

Dallas is a piece of crap city with lots of douche walking the streets, BUT it's sports radio is infinitely better than anything I've ever heard in Houston.

Why?

Because they don't take themselves so seriously. They send their reporters out to ask joke questions like this. Here's 1920's reporter guy (one of the Ticket's many shticks, like ReproMan, etc.)

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KOdyiRlSxzk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's him also getting Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, David Beckham and some others. "Looks like you guys were doing the jitterbug, when the Dallas D was doing the Charleston" Edit: Peyton is not in there, but there is a funny one he did with him. Rep to the person who can find it on the internets. I think PeyPey might have asked that it be taken down.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wzPuK0iMueo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1 twhy77, May 9, 2011
    Last edited: May 9, 2011
  2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

whatever. Houston has the biggest and best joke in all of sports journalism.
    [​IMG]

3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

that was about as funny as ass cancer

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

That dude's got a face for radio... and a voice for newspaper. :eek:

1 person likes this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This is exactly why Dallas sports radio is idiotic and I don't listen to it. Thank God for smartphone apps that allow me to listen to decent sports talk from Houston.

6. twhy77

You could just listen to ESPN Radio.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'd rather listen to Houston sports, to be honest... :grin:.

That way I can learn that all our teams pretty much suck and there is no hope, and the Texans are the best shot we have at success. Dear God. :(

8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

As much as I LOVE Houston, it's not even a contest in my opinion as to which city has the better sports radio stations. I don't even listen to all of them but the Ticket is far and away better than anything we have in Houston.

Also, normally he dresses up in the garb but this time he didn't dress up for it.

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Scoops Callahan is great, his execution is poor but it's a hilarious schtick.

I like how Eli Manning just rolls with it, the guy is unflappable.

10. ferrari77

What irritates me is when I hear/read some other journo's or media types b*tching about how unprofessional that is. That was not the dumbest question at the press conference and more often than not, the question 1920's reporter guy asks if usually not the dumbest question the athlete gets asked before Scoops starts up.

Some in the media need to get off their high horse.

11. twhy77

Yes, I'd like some more generic questions please.

12. VanityHalfBlack

That was as funny as a nun stepping on a rusted nail...

13. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Never heard of him before, but I thought it was hilarious.

14. twhy77

Yeah, he's not a real person, just a producer for one of the radio shows in the afternoon. His real name is Tom Gribble.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

That was effin hilarious.

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I agree- The Ticket is great funny dude radio. Half the time they don't even talk about sports. They have great chemistry and entire segments where they just go off on tangents about random crap.

Pretty much the only listenable sports radio in DFW- the ESPN station here is extreme homer talk and I can take about 30 seconds of it before I have to switch. But The Ticket is the first thing I put the radio on when I jump in to the car. If it gets too homeriffic I'll pop on streaming sports from Houston like DoD.

17. ferrari77

Yup.

Kinda reminds me of the beef with the Washington Caps and their PR guy. The absolute definition of douche.

18. twhy77

The formula is pretty simple, and would be easy to copycat in Houston. Just get guys with good chemistry, put some effort in to it, and bam! Sports!

I always want to throw up when in Houston, and they clearly didn't do much prep work for their show. It's like they think, hmm, let's think of 2 good questions, and then just run 3 hours taking calls on these questions and arguing with listeners. BORING!

I like how the Ticket just has segments, and obviously prepares their stuff. Even if it fails. And they are often the first to acknowledge failed bits.

They also hire actual talent.

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Was that a Steve Mark stinkeye at 3:15? Recognize old wavy-locks anywhere.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

What is the story behind that?