1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The T-Rob proposal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketfaithful, Mar 18, 2013.

?

Who do you think would help the rockets most at the four spot? please read thread post first!!!

1. DMO for his offensive arsenal

51.7%
  2. T-Rob for his defensive intensity and rebounding

48.3%
  1. rocketfaithful

I was all for it when Motiejunas was put into the starting lineup but it is quickly becoming a disaster from a winning standpoint. Motiejunas was chosen to start becasue of his offensive productivity but even that is completely nonexistent likely due to the fact that he simply lsn't nba ready. He might be next year but I feel as of right now he brings nothing but crappy defense crappy rebounding! Thats where T-Rob comes in. T-Rob has the athleticism and energy that it takes to be a premier rebounder in this league and at times it looks as though he is the best offensive rebounder in the league. If he can get us four extra possessions a game on the glass that would be beyond phenominal!

I feel that his weekness isn't his offensive skillset, but his confidence. several times this year I have seen T-Rob look to pass and find nobody with around 6 seconds on the shot clock. in these instances T-Rob is forced to do something so he faces up and makes phenominal spins and darts at the basket for easy lay ins. in these moments You can just see the potential ozzing out of him. Where he struggles is where he gets the ball early in the shot clock which he then throws an arid pass just trying to get it out of his hands to avoid making a mistake. In other words he is trying to hard not to hurt his team instead of help it. but this is a simple problem that can be fixed with good coaching and more experience under his belt. T-Rob provides an elelment to our team that we lack in offensive rebounding while DMO does not grab offensive boards and has struggled helping us in any significant way. DMO has a decent shot but not great and we already have a plethera of good three point shooters. T-Rob at the four!

2. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

3. The Rocket

The Rocket Member

in my opinion...if we won that game where Beverly and T-Rob played down the stretch....we'd be streaking right now....

4. rocketfaithful

If you are referring to the mavs game then I would have to agree. Beverly really blew that one when he shoved the guy over half court instead of taking the gift that he was giving us! Beverly blew it, not T-Rob! Why was T-Rob never given significant minutes again ie.....20 or more?

5. dc131

dc131 Member

umm.. how about T-JONES?

6. rocketfaithful

He's still hurt but yeah...... why not terrence jones? I guess Mchale is just completely anti-experiment!

7. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

If he is starting he better give us more then 4 possessions off the glass in a game

8. rocketfaithful

I meant four offensive boards which is no small feat and four extra possessions. I can see where you thought that though. having a less offensively talented patterson would be no good

9. craguin

craguin Member

Missing your own dunk shot and grabbing the rebound shouldn't count right? ;) [skip to time index 0:28 where Harden sends the bounce pass to T-Rob for the gimme dunk]...

http://www.nba.com/video/games/rockets/2013/03/17/0021200988-gsw-hou-recap.nba

01:15 Robinson Dunk Shot: Missed
    01:15 Robinson Rebound (Off:3 Def:1)
    01:15 Robinson Turnover : Traveling (1 TO)

10. joesr

joesr Member

yup, 2012 member. mchale anti experiment is why parsons took the role from cbud.

dragic kept it from lowry

how smith changed coles role

yup, f!#$%$ new members with new ideas

1 person likes this.
  11. CertifiedTroll

Montiejunas had an off game last game. You can see the scoring power is there.

I think TJones would be our best PF to play atm to win. He played D and scored in summer league, but he kinda is a combo of TRob and Montiejunas (blend of skill and athleticism).

And as for TRob, he just looks like if you gave some random little dribbler freakish athleticism. Hope he improves.

12. rocketfaithful

For your information I have been a rockets dedicated watcher for ever and you must be kidding with this parsons crap!!! Parsons was handed big minutes right off the bat and became the starter seven games in. he gave a good first impressioon and thats all it took.

as for dragic, lowry was hurt which forced mchale to play him and he just so happened to capiilize to the point that mchale knew he would be publicily humiliated had he benched him.

cole aldrich was never given a large role

you must be kidding if you honestly believe that mchale ever changes anything. Mchale is definately against change and adjustments. I would have played every single guy in yesterdays first half praying somebody caught fire. you don't bring in brooks after your already down twenty and think that you have adjusted. Mchale is a Joke!!!! He might be a good guy and for sure player but he certaintly is not a good coach!

13. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

of the two, t-rob might be better for the starting lineup because there is enough firepower for the starters and not enough defense. d-mo's talents might be better suited for the second unit and he has less of a motor

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

The problem on offense is that almost all of our players are one dimensional except Harden.

Lin - Drive and Distribute
    Harden - Drive, Distribute and Shoot
    Parsons - Shoot
    Motiejunas - Low-Mid Post
    Asik - Dunk
    Beverly - Shoot....sorta
    Delfino - Shoot
    Garcia - Shoot
    T-Rob - Face-up
    Smith - Low Post

We just don't have anyone (ex Harden) that forces the defense to cover multiple options. Each have specialties that can be marginalized because their secondary offensive skill is far below their 1st.

With Smith, you know the only way he can score is within 3-4 feet of the rim.
    With Asik, the opponent goes into Hack-An-Asik mode.
    If you put in DMo and he can't hit the corner 3, they just clog the lane.
    T-Rob isn't good enough to double, and he can't hit anything outside of a few feet.
    Parsons can't create off the dribble, so you just front him at the 3 point line.
    etc....

Essentially the whole offense is built off of Lin and Harden's ability to create, and when Lin can't hit the 3, it forces Harden to play 40+ minutes a night.

15. WSWhippets

WSWhippets Member

NEITHER.

start smith at the 4. back up the 4/5 with TRob/DMo.

or have TRob and TJones fight in a cage, winner gets rotation. there is no objective reason to think TRob would perform any better than TJones right now. none whatsoever--only draft order bias.

16. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Agree with the OP that I was super excited about DMo in the starting lineup too but disagree that he is not NBA ready. We just need to find him at the right spots, i.e. more post up moves, less three point shots.

17. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

McHale wants a stretch 4 that shoots 3's.

18. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He had 19 points in the game before last. Inconsistent? Sure. Non-existent? Hyperbolic much?

19. rocketfaithful

Your right, wrong choice of words. He can be productive but he is way to inconsistent to count on night in and night out. we need somebody who we know what were going to get from him and right now we don't have that with anybody except parsons. parsons is probably the most consistent player on our team and even he has had some poor nights. I feel that DMO is the opposite of someone you can count on. and a high point total of 19 isn't exactly remarkable. I also feel that if we do keep him in the lineup threes certainly should not be his shot! give it to him in the post with the second unit in! that unit needs offense anyway.

20. jocar

jocar Member

Defense/hustle is always there.... DMo's offense not so consistent yet