1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets need to keep winning if Harden is going to be MVP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Feb 12, 2019.

1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

The Rockets just need to keep on winning OP.

2. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Honestly.. I want him to get Finals MVP.

Jake Tower, justtxyank and Denovo like this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

BleedsRocketRed, HP3, Deuce and 2 others like this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If the Rockets keep winning. . . Harden will get the MVP . . . THE FINALS MVP!!!!

Rocket River

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What's ironic is that Mr Triple Double might not get one single 1st place vote, yet that was the only reason he won on 47 wins vs Harden two years ago.

Deuce and Jake Tower like this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

• I always felt that Harden has to continue this streak as it gives him publicity EVERY NITE. Keep that scoring average up.

• Giannis with his stats and the #1 seed in the East for "team success" is tough to overcome.

• Rockets getting to 50 wins and a top 4 seed in the West could be HUGE for Harden's chances. Too bad they hemorrhaged losses (DAL, ORL, BKN, NOP, OKC) to prevent them from getting a top 3 or even top 2 seed.

• PG has come on late, but I doubt he can climb up into the top 2. BUT, he might have elevated his chances at DPOY.

• Harden WINNING some games in the next 25 could be key. Like the TNT game vs Lakers after the all star break. The ABC game vs the Warriors on the next game. Stuff like that. That WIN vs the Warriors in Feb with THE SHOT was HUGE.

Harden needs more "SIGNATURE" moments like that.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Interesting. So you have seen quotes from Bud that he is seriously going to manage Giannis in the last 25 games?

8. malakas

malakas Member

I don't need to see quotes I see what they are doing.
    All the other top eastern teams have already played their new pieces Gasol and Harris. The Bucks not only have kept Mirotic out when he's healthy, they even rest every other game one of the starters in the last 2 weeks. And in the last game, Bud tried to keep Giannis minutes less than 30 but was forced to play him in the end. They are already managing him.

9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

still possible to do it

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

There are still 25 games left in the season. Anything is possible. If Harden continues on this tear, has one or two 50+ triple doubles, and the team wins, he will win in a landslide. Antoine Walker, Chucker Extraordinaire, talking about 3pt % is the irony of all ironies. All these ex-players coming out and exposing themselves as salty-ass, low IQ frauds.

justtxyank likes this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Aside from the Triple Doubles the year RW won.....a REALLY KEY part of winning that year was the last month. He had some BIG games with WINNING SHOTS. The Orlando game. The Denver game. They left an "imprint."

Harden needs "imprints." He had one vs GSW in January. If he gets a couple more "imprints" that could be significant.

justtxyank likes this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

s3ts likes this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

14. Rox11

Rox11 Member

The starters were saying if he’s a 4th or 5th seed he won’t get it. And to those saying who cares about mvp, clearly Harden does. Look at his ig, always saying it’s a NEED, not a want.

15. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Why are people putting PG in the conversation, much less above harden when he just started showing up 15 games or so ago? Harden and GF have been playing great the entire season...

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Think we have a big game coming up right against GSW again on National TV?

Coming out of the AllStar break against the Lakers and Warriors with a fully healthy team. Win those games and play well and I think he takes the MVP debate by the throat. If he lays an egg against the Warriors I think it will slip away and he'll have to work hard to grab it back before the season ends.

You know that if he were to score 29 points every game for the rest of the season (so end his 30 point streak) the media narrative from some would be that he "cooled off."

17. lionaire

lionaire Member

It sucks to see but I just don't think Harden stands much of a chance anymore. Media narratives play a large part in this unfortunately. Giannis' case was that he's getting it done on both ends while putting up great stats and also winning. Now PG is creeping up with a similar case. Seems like people have already forgotten what Harden has done/been doing. I've said it before and I'll say it again: In this league, you're only as good as your last game.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

One of the greatest quotes all time by one the GOATs, Goku...

19. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

20. BigBum

BigBum Member

Harden will become the best player ever without a ring?
    I think it has to be top 3 seed in West to win MVP.