1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Other guys in Harden trade thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreHNIC, Oct 28, 2012.

1. DreHNIC

DreHNIC Member

And I'm sure these bench warming guys feel left out, but at the same time they are a new addition to the Rockets as well! Let's discuss what they can potentially do and bring to the team!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:grin:

2. HardenOnlyFan

HardenOnlyFan Member

They are good players

3. alethios

alethios Member

Don't be Hardened by it. :p

4. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Assets.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They're good?

Hardly.

6. Playaz

Playaz Member

only 1 guy will make the team other 2 will get thrown out like the assets that they are

7. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Aldrich and D-Cook

Hi CFers,

There has been so much talk about Harden and fair enough, he is the prized piece, but I haven't seen any threads dedicated to the supporting pieces of this trade.

How do we feel about Cole Aldrich and Daequan Cook? Do both of these players fit in to our plans and rotation?

It looks like Cook is instantly our backup SG. Is a great 3pt shooter if nothing else. I don't know much about his defense. Is he a better backup SG than undersized and overshooting Douglas?

Aldrich received mad props during draft time 2 seasons ago and so many CFers were high on him at that time. After 2 years of doing nothing, do we think he can do anything for us? There are no legit C's outside of Asik on this team, so he has the opportunity (unless D-Mo plays backup C).

8. AXG

AXG Member

I'm gonna harden my heart...

I'm gonna swallow my tears...

9. Arthurprescott2

Cole should be able to contribute minutes at the 5. Ppl keep saying he's a stiff but I think a solid 7-foot stiff was better than what we previously had, namely DMo and Smith. Admittedly, Smith had some good moments, especially in the last game. But DMo can't handle the 5 at this point in time; he should only play at the 4 if possible, at least until he puts on some weight.

10. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

I think you make good arguments for them..

I see Daequan doing what Chase Budinger did for us late in his tenure here (putting up 5 or more 3pt's a game), I don't know much else about him but back up SG sounds right with delfino moving to the 3?

As for Cole, I'm not sold on him. I'd prefer to give Greg Smith a chance (DMo seems to be heading for stint in the D-League) but it's going to be a close battle between those two for backup C

11. Playaz

Playaz Member

12. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Not sure Morey is done yet, so I haven't really been paying attention. Will take a look once the roster is finalized.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Cole Aldrich is close to worthless and Daquan Cook doesn't fit where this team is right now.

14. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

Aldrich will be riding the bench. Cook will play. He's a great 3-point shooter and brings good defense. I think Harden and Cook more than make up for the loss of Martin's offense.

15. wil55n

wil55n Member

Can someone explain to a newbie if there is ever a time when a team is 100% locked and can not be changed in any way? It seems like everytime I get to know a plater he gets traded =(

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

Personally, I have a hardon for Harden.

17. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Aldrich has potential to be a nice backup big. He's worth keeping around at least for this year.

18. trowa

trowa Member

all of them are useless, even cook.
    trade them for second round picks if possible

19. James Harden

James Harden Member

they are assets

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

I like Cole Aldrich. He could earn his way to rotation minutes backing up Asik. He already profiles as a poor man's Asik anyway.