1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Need for a "Veteran Leader" Type?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 24, 2012.

1. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

3. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I guess you missed last season ? Do you not remember trading hill for fish and him refusing to play for the Rockets ?

Give these guy's a little credit.They all show desire to improve and early signs show they have a good work ethic..If I'm not mistaken all 4 rookies are part of recent championship teams.These guy's will be ok,they all have high bball iq's,besides even if no howard there will be many roster moves ..A leader will emerge ,no sense trying to force one

4. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Of course it is an extreme.:grin: But if you look at the summer league, 4 of them aren't that good at position. DMo was having a lot of trouble getting the ball in half court offence. White is simple was the worst defender pick and roll defender(it had been Morris b4 he came). And Lamb driving angle off from pick and roll was pretty bad. We can't have a coach remind all of them where to go at the same time.

5. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

I said he didn't like rockets and he wouldn't come, but it would be nice to have him.

6. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

For now, I'm thinking of Boykins at a min contract...

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

IDK if you believe reports that White,Lamb,Dmo,Jones plus Parsons, Patterson, Lin are one heck of a mature looking young squad....

There is a reason that some rookies/sophomores are more ready than others
    You can always sign someone for the vet minimum....
    I might think it is worth opening up a thread but I don't think it's the utmost important thing, that remains talent, talent, talent

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Brad Miller and a factor? Cmon....
    Kings are still a mess....
    Can you find a winning team at least

9. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

A team that knows how to win won't demand for a vet.:p

10. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Download some kings games, and you will notice the difference b4 and after Hayes joins their team.
    The positioning of Minny players were pretty poor b4 brad joined.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Every young team needs one
    Thunder is an example, they needed a Perkins, Fisher....
    but I just don't think it is priority no 1

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I said I saw what Chuck can do.....
    but I think on Minny Adelman is the one who is making the difference..... Brad is tagging along

13. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Correct.

14. Nero

Nero Member

Carl Landry is still out there, I think.

I know we have a lot of PFs, but we only have on experienced one, and he may be on the move.

I think Carl would be a good guy to kind of let these younger guys lean on him, lots of heart, all effort all the time kind of guy.

Couldn't hurt.

15. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

If we weren't water logged with big men to get minutes to at either the 4 or 5 position, he'd be a great fit. But finding the minutes for Carl, Omer, Donatas, Terrance, Royce, and PAtrick is going to be difficult. Not to mention, whenever they go 'small ball' Parsons even plays the PF position.

We are probably going to need to sign a vet minimum player at the end of the career that would be a locker room force but not expect to get major minutes.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

White's defense only looked bad when he was playing SF. He did well when defending PF/C.

17. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

18. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

How about bring in a recently retired guy that has coaching aspirations.

He could get his foot in the coaching door,and it would give us someone that could better relate and be a mentor for these guy's.Save's a roster spot,cheaper,doesn't need playing time and doesn't cost much ... just an idea

#78 DAROckets, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  19. anchel

anchel Member

Not a vet leader, but for a good price I think could be an interesting signing. Another young emerging guy, 10-5 last year, energy player, good defender, physicality. If we can sign him a 7/2 contract with a team option on the second year, I would like that deal.

20. da_juice

da_juice Member

I think we need someone like Deke. A guy who can play a few center minutes sporadically (to keep Motiejuanas at the 4) and someone with a good attitude.