1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Mexico City screw job.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Nov 21, 2016.

1. conquistador#11

I underestimated Mexico city. I thought people were going to show up for the novelty of it even wearing jerseys from other teams like they did in london. But it turned out to be like something from "Mad Max" what raider fan would be like if there were no rules in oakland.

If anything raider fan would feel our pain considering they got one of the biggest Screw jobs of all time. Mexico, never again! I'd rather play the game in the crip section of compton on a parking lot wearing our battle red gear. orale carnal.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

You're the biggest troll on the Texans board. Why? I don't know.

Congrats.

I don't really remember many of your other posts, to be honest, but the few I remember were also troll posts elsewhere, and maybe a few gym posts?

It's cool though. At least I know where you're coming from, which makes the trolling easy to ignore.

Uprising and donkeypunch like this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I want a game there every season. Mexico City was fantastic as a city and as a host. The Mexican nationals are majority Cowboys or Raiders fans, I summed it up to having a skull on their logo because Mexicans love their Muerte stuff and from all the coverage that was down there, it was all Raiders, all the time.

The reffing was bullshit and the game was bullshit but their fans are for real, even if they dont know all the rules to the game. All the fans from the Cali area were pretty cool, at least the ones I conversed with, they were down to talk football and kept everything civil. I had a guy that sat in front of us during the game and said that it was a ballsy call but the right call and we should have had the first down.

5. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

How large of a device is required to create a laser that size?

6. conquistador#11

sharks with lazerrrrrs! =)

Just watching some of the clips of what they were doing to clowney makes me sick. That's planned with the intent to injure, that wasn't even legal in the 90s. Dangerous. If clowney would have gotten hurt our season would be over, but first the 'fans' would call out clowney for being a bust.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Jack Del Rio was one of the dirtiest mother****ers to ever play the game. That doesn't just go away once you become a coach. **** that guy.

8. Buck Turgidson

Your avatar is perfect. That's exactly how people view you.

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

That's what I wonder. That thing is ****ing huge looking all my old lasers were tiny lol

10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Would seem like the refs would have noticed that in the stands!

Dgn1 likes this.
  12. mick fry

mick fry Member

"I considered challenging many plays", O'Brien said after the game. However, the officials decided Hunt didn't make it, Oakland got the ball, went down the field, and scored the go-ahead touchdown. "I'm not going to stand here and get fined"
    Welp this about sums it up, bunch of damn patsies, Smith and McNair included!

13. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Bout the size of a mini pen light, sometimes there used in my field of work. You can go on Ebay and buy them from China under $15 that will do that.

arkoe likes this.
  14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

So, I didn't watch the game today, and it didn't really bother me.

I still have a sour taste in my mouth after last week. The fact that O'Brien wouldn't stick his nose out there, despite supposedly being a hard nose guy. The fact that Bob McNair, a member of the NFL's competition committee, didn't say anything. It all bothers me.

It just goes right back to McNair being s terrible owner. I never thought that, but I'm starting to. Not saying anything is a terrible look for this franchise, especially when a large group of its fans already think the owner doesn't care about winning.

Hell if I was the coach, I'd have done a lot differently, starting by challenging the third down run and not the fourth. But if I had challenged the fourth down run, I may have ended up running on the field a and punting the ball in the stands. I'd probably have ended up with one of the largest fines in league history, as well.

I need to take a few more weeks off from this team. I've let a bunch of apathetic front office suits occupy too much of my time. I'll probably watch casually, but I won't plan my weekend around games for a while. At least s few weeks, maybe the rest of the season.

This team is pathetic, from the owner on down. We want to be the Patriots. Unfortunately, we're looking more like the team that Bellicheck left before he went to the Patriots.

15. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I wasn't online in the aftermath of the Raiders' game, and while I agree that they had two (well, three) bad calls go against them - for me, the game was lost on the, IIRC, Texans' second drive, when it appeared Miller had gained a first down after falling on a Raider and rolling over the marker. Not only did BOB not challenge the spot but elected to punt on 4th and 1, forgoing an opportunity to seize control of the game. They had a nice opening drive; a statement-like first series on defense... go for the frickin' first down there. Instead, punt, poor coverage and Oakland scores a touchdown.

That, to me, was ballgame. This team plays with no urgency and seems utterly oblivious. Their game management is incompetent.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  16. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

The Texans were up 17-13 at the end of the 3; I don't know if I'd place that in the "dominating" category. They did, quickly, extend the lead to 20-13 at the start of the 4Q - but Oakland immediately answered with a 75-yard touchdown to tie it.

I'd say they played even-ish for 3Qs... but far from dominant.