1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Mexico City screw job.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL okay, if you say so.

2. conquistador#11

in a game of inches, the refs took away 4points on the Hopkins Td and 3 points by neglecting to call the first down. That's a total of 7 points. It changes EVERYTHING. From an extra breather for the texans Defense to Oakland's gassed defense still remaining on the field.

It irks me when people say that's not the reason they lost. it's the only reason they lost. Brock's stat line should have been over 300 yards with 2tds yet again if not for things out of his control.

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Refs won this game for Oakland plainband simple. Stevie Wonder even saw that.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Texans get 8 home games played in Houston in 2016.
    Raiders get 7 home games played in Oakland and one in Mexico. This was supposed to favor the raiders as a home team

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Sure. But it's not supposed to cheat for the home team.

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

So the Texans are joining WCW, err the CFL?

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

8. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

You have to let the hopkins play go and then let the automatic review take a look. That's officiating 101.
    They need to tweak the rule a little. If they can let a team recover a fumble on a seemingly dead ball play, as long as the recovery is immediate, then they should allow for the fact that on those rare plays where the runner would certainly have gotten a td, then he gets a td.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

WOW! I thought it was a little pin light or something
    That is horrible

Rocket River

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I believe they should have thrown a flag on the Oakland fans for the laser.

I know they have the power to do it, and that would have been the way to stop it.

11. Fantasma Negro

O'Brien is a bad coach, none of what the refs did impacted the actual outcome of the game. **** coach, **** qb, **** product. Sad thing is we're going to win our division and then get skunked in the playoffs again

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Problem with that is that Raiders fans then start shining lasers on Carr's eyes every third down..

Or Texans fans or vice versa..

RasaqBoi likes this.
  13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

To say that is just being naive.

Sorry, but their is video evidence that the Texans got the first down two times.

They got jobbed.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sorry but anyone that thinks or says that is either
    1. a Troll
    2. Don't know football
    3. a troll
    4. did not watch the game or replays

Rocket River

15. Fantasma Negro

Did the refs throw the ball to Keith Mumphrey? Did the refs punt on 4th and short in the fourth quarter twice? Did the refs run a bunch of dumbass college trick plays? Did the refs go scoreless after the Raiders tied the game and then took the lead? Drink the kool-aid all you want but this team is going nowhere fast. Get out your pom poms for Jacksonville and Tennessee and the Bengals but this is a weak team in a weak division feasting on scrubs until a big dog comes in and ***** on them

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't want to absolve bill obrien of blame. His decisions last night were awful and were definitely a contributing factor to the loss.

17. Fantasma Negro

Some people are too easily satisfied with mediocrity so much so they begin to make excuses for it

18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I thought there was a spot on 3rd down in the first that we should have challenged. The runner seemed to roll over Khalil Mack for the first.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

You're kidding yourself if you don't think this team dominated the Raiders for three quarters until the third or fourth bad call and a bad coaching decision finally caught up with them.

The coach has been a weak point this season. He may have screwed the game for them. But he wouldn't have had a chance to screw the game for them had the referees done their jobs correctly.

If the Texans play the Raiders again, I like our chances. In fact, I'll pose you this question: Since you say the team is going nowhere, what AFC team do you totally fear in the playoffs besides the Patriots?

We've beaten the Chiefs. We should have beaten the Raiders. We can hang with the Broncos, in my opinion, though the final score was bad. We were in that game until a bad fumble in the third by Blue. I guess I'd fear the Steelers the most, and that's IF they make the playoffs. Otherwise, the only team in the AFC that this team can't beat is the Patriots.

On top of that, this team would have had a first round bye in line, had they won last night, which, once again, they should have.

Tell me again why they're so bad? Point Margin? Lol...

20. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Yep. I saw that too.

Really weird night. I ****ing hate the Carr family and Davis family