1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Grizzlies Are A Lame Franchise

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by don grahamleone, Oct 12, 2017.

1. what

what Member

I doubt it. But a lot of that will have to do with the stupidity of the all star voting process and individual awards that are doled out based on Popularity.
    Mike is a superior player to Kyrie and I bet Kyrie gets into the hall.
    Zach is a superior player to Yao Ming and Blake Griffin. Yao is already in and Blake will be on his way. Zach was largely overlooked by the media because of the Jail Blazers.
    Hell, the way it is looking Kyle Lowry might make the hall, lol.
    Again, when flimsy awards are what gets you into the hall, the system is broken. Hell, kobe was getting 1st and 2nd team all defensive awrds and he wasn't even guarding anybody late in his career.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

do you still think that mike conley is a better player than james harden or have you cooled on that? just wondering

3. BackdoorHarden

That is true. Conley and Gasol would be 8 times ALL STAR if they played in the Eastern Conference and Grizz would be in the NBA Conference Finals every year. Too bad they play in the West where you need to be real Elite.

4. what

what Member

Harden has my respect, is what I will say. I still think that harden folds under pressure in the playoffs, but listen: Kevin McHale just said that he doesn't think Harden is a leader. So you know, it is something that is going to follow james.
    I think really really highly of Mike Conley though and I think he is extremely underrated and so does Yeesy, so you know that's that.

I don't think Mike could do what james did last season, but at the same respect I don't think Harden could have went toe to toe with Kawhi in the playoffs like Mike did (and win)

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  5. Daddy Long Legs

i disagree with 99 percent of what you said but liked for a legit response lol.

I absolutely agree that conley is underrated but I don't think he's in the same conversation as James Harden. I also think james harden has as good a chance as anyone to outduel kawhi in the playoffs. I also think james harden is a little better than kawhi leonard but I think it gets really subjective at that point.

I put curry, leonard, westbrook, harden all in the same conversation.

i put john wall, mike conley, kyrie irving, in the same conversation as each other but a tier or two below the harden, leonard, westbrook, curry group

don grahamleone and BigMaloe like this.
  6. what

what Member

James had 31 turnovers against the spurs. Mike had 12. Mike 24.7 points. James had 24.5. Mike shot a better percentage from the field, 3 point line, and free throw line.
    Again, Mike is underrated. But he clearly had a better series against the spurs than James did and this was even with Kawhi only playing 5 games against Houston out of the 6.

Hey maybe Mike got lucky. Harden did it for the whole season. But when the playoffs roll around, mike usually raises his game. Harden often doesn't. Those 31 turnovers were a killer.

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Do the grizz even have their own forum?:eek::eek::eek:

don grahamleone and Tha_Dude like this.
  8. Daddy Long Legs

idk but I'm very disaapoint that what didn't like my comment after I liked his and told him that I liked it :(

what is stoic, cold, and aloof lol.

BigMaloe and don grahamleone like this.
  9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

@what is still mad the Astros didn't trade bregman for Chris sale and the grizz maxed out post buffet chandler parsons

10. Daddy Long Legs

no doubt that last year mike had a better series against spurs than harden did. I just think that's a very small sample size and doesn't give us reason to believe mike can play well against spurs and harden can't. Harden used to be known as a spurs killer and has had some great moments against them in the okc playoffs and the regular season for us.

WHEEL just have to c what happens this year in the season/playoffs.

Either way, Harden proved he's the more valuable player by leading his team to 3rd seed and 2nd round IMO.

11. what

what Member

That's true, harden teams are always 50+ win teams. Got to give him that. The grizzlies have never won a division title. Harden has. So yeah, harden has accomplishments.

Ultimately I think that Harden tries to do too much and doesn't really know how to NOT try to do it all himself and teams know this and exploit it. They gear up to take harden out.
    The biggest thing harden needs to learn is to protect the damn basketball. His turnovers are critical to a lot of Houston playoff losses.

BigMaloe and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  12. Daddy Long Legs

Astros fan and grizz fan? Too much city hopping on this board, i cant even lol jk.

I wont be that guy anymore today

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Saaaaad but pretty appropriate player to retire based on their playing style for the last decade.

Make the game physical and ugly and then struggle to score on the other end.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, good thread that What did not start.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Saaaaad but pretty appropriate player to retire based on their playing style for the last decade.

Make the game physical and ugly and then struggle to score on the other end.

don grahamleone likes this.
  16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Rudy Gay > Durant, Conley> Harden, what do we do without "what" in the dish

Pen15clubber likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

When you think about it, it makes sense I suppose.

The Grizzlies have had little notable happen in their franchise history.

So I guess they have to honor someone.

It is like the guy that idolizes his ex, she may have been ugly and gave him clap....... but she is something at least.

Kind of sad when you really think about it.

18. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Conley and Gasol will have bronze statues at every entrance if they’re retiring Allen’s number.

J.R. likes this.
  19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Apparently they also have dumb fans

Nook likes this.
  20. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Vancouver doing everything they can to seem relevant...

Nook likes this.