1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The brewer hate case

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4Life13, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Rockets4Life13

I know hes doing dumb stuff on the court and it can be really annoying. But he brings energy to the team u can't deny that.
    Watch interviews from brewer, i think he is one of the best guys in the league in terms of a healthy atmosphere in the locker room. I think literally everybody in the team loves him... look at the big picture and stop hating our beloved players when were 17-7.

Thank you

dragonwill, napalm06, Nivos and 6 others like this.
  2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I really don't have a problem with Brew this year. He's bringing heart and non stop hustle to the court this year and he's in the perfect role. 10-12 minutes a game of Brewer is perfectly acceptable

dragonwill, napalm06, jbasket and 3 others like this.
  3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Ok Corey. Thanks for letting us know how you feel. We will take your feelings into consideration

BigggReddd, jbasket, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  4. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

**** Corey Brewer

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Corey Brewer sucks. End of story, you only like him because we're winning. Down the stretch in key situations and in the playoffs he will be a huge liability. He will have one game where makes an amazing play followed by dumb plays and then a good play. Thats how he gets in the game people only remember that one good play, its like a Sewer mind trick.

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  6. Rockets4Life13

I never said he was a great player on the court. I just think that people underestimate what he brings to the locker room.

Embrace the clutch and ksny15 like this.
  7. rockpileindisma

When you say Brewer hate case did you mean to say dmo failed physical? Wtf is this ****

BigMaloe and SF3isBack!! like this.
  8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Corey has been more tolerable to watch this year.

But I don't know if he's needed on this team for any reason.

heypartner and Pen15clubber like this.
  9. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

When I watch Rockets games on ESPN/TNT, I have never seen Corey Brewer hit a 3 pointer and he usually takes between 2-3 per game.

Also he always goes 1-2 from the line when he gets fouled. Teams should just foul him on purpose when he runs the fast break.

On top of this he's making $8 million a year...... kinda sad isn't it?

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

No no no, we know you didn't say he was great and I never said that you said he was great. We both know you know he's not great or even good for that matter thats what makes your plea kind of pointless. Its like wanting to keep a dog that insists on ******** your couch and floor and peeing your bed. He does something kinda adorable every once and awhile and you feel like a dick for wanting to get rid him but when you wake up in the morning there's a huge dog **** on your couch and its not exactly romantic having sex on a bed of dog pee, lol. Let him go.

11. D'antoni World

One thing about Sewer that never seems to get mentioned is that D'antoni already traded him once. He was part of the Carmelo Anthony trade and the Knicks traded him about a week after that trade. They traded him because of his poor outside shooting did'nt fit with MDA's offense.

I honestly think they were trying to feature him a little earlier in the season in the hopes of trading him later on as D'antoni has never been much of a fan but I think D'antoni actually likes him now. He is doing a good job in his limited role and gives the team a nice jolt of energy when he comes in. I think he is actually good in the short spurts MDA is giving him and has nice chemistry with the bench lineup. He is penetrating more and creating plays off the dribble instead of jacking up 3's almost exclusively like the beginning of the season. He's actually kinda useful now. I'm starting to think they are not going to try and trade him after all.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Because they cut his minutes so you dont notice he sucks as much because the other Rockets are too busy ballin out of control lately.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

His only replacement is KJ who is not a vet really and cant shoot either so he has no choice really but to play him limited minutes.

14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Find a way to replace Brewer with Wilson chandler and we will win the World Series

Tha_Dude, heypartner and RocketsFan92 like this.
  15. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I don't hate Brewer. I HATE his play on a basketball court when he is wearing a Rockets uniform. If he is that great in the locker room, waive him and give him an assistant coach contract. I will be happy to cheer for him then.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Apparently they think its ok to spend 8 mil on an unconfirmed "locker room guy" lol.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

need more Brewer hate threads. Especially after trouncing fuklinh Dallas.

Will read again

18. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Brewer is finally in the role where he can succeed in aka 8th man off the bench / energy guy. Someone that if he contributes, its a plus. We don't need him to put up any stats, just play within himself.

Brewer was never going to succeed as the 6th man of a roster.

Even in that 2014-2015 season, he wasn't our 6th man - J-Smoove was. Last season was unbearable with JB forcing Brewer as our 6th man down our throats.

Unlike McHale and especially JB, MDA knew this as soon as he got here.

DonKnock likes this.
  19. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

This team must be doing something right if someone is starting a "Give Brewer a break" thread.

20. jayfree

jayfree Member

100.00% on threes today. Well done Brew

DonKnock likes this.