1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Answer: FIRE MOREY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davestrate, Nov 20, 2010.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Signed 4 year contract, 4 more chins on the way[​IMG]

Snow Villiers likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

didn't know FA started on june 22 :rolleyes:

3. Coach E

Coach E Member

I'll agree here, He doesn't have an incredible track record when drafting, but has he ever had a pick in the top 10?

Outside the draft he does wonders.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

go ride billy kings nuts plz

roslolian likes this.
  5. FTW Rockets FTW

It doesn't matter. Plenty of gems (all star caliber players) available outside the top 10. Just happens that Maury has never been able to grab one of them

Jimmy Butler
    Serge Ibaka
    Marc Gasol
    Draymond Green
    Kawhi Leonard
    Gobert
    Jokic

Need I go on?

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

what about chandsome? ;) he got not 1 but 2 max contracts

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  7. FTW Rockets FTW

And not 1 but 2 bust knees :D

lnchan likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You have Mauri at least another year or two. He got extended.

9. ballgame

ballgame Member

No one has criticized Morey in the pass more than myself. But I must say, I love, love, love what he did tonight!! He drafted size and athleticism. I think Morey is finally getting it, short players can only get you so far, although they may posses more skill at the onset, because they are shorter, they are limited by their size. Players like Carl Landry, Aaron Brooks, Luther Head, etc.

Hartenstien is a 7'1, 250lb. athletic player who plays well on both ends of the court and he can pass! Despite what the basketball analysis say, he's nothing like D-Mo. D-Mo is slow of foot, never played above the rim and never blocked shots!

Cam Oliver is 6'8" 240lb. super athletic player who can score, rebound and can handle the ball. He doesn't reminds me more of Josh Smith, than Kenneth Faried. Faried is just a rebounding force who plays above the rim...that's it!

Of course these players will need time but if they pan out, the sky is the limit VS players who are short and limited from the start!

10. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I still don't understand how he received an extension, when we haven't done anything in the playoffs. We actually went farther with Dwight than we did with this new style of play.

cheke64 likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

so the answer is get kevin mchale. got it

roslolian and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Dwight isn't the answer my friend.

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It's hard to gauage how effective Morey is when there's a super team in the west that will stomp everyone regardless. This year is going to be rougher everyone seems stronger in the West.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

We didn't get eliminated by them. We got eliminated by the spurs bench.

15. caneks

caneks Rookie

Exactly. Morey has been trying to build wall high. however, on the wrong foundation or direction. No matter how hard he works. it goes nowhere. Without realizing his mistakes on that, he could be an average GM, at best. This has been talked for years, it is boring.

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Has Morey ever drafted a player that made an all star team?

17. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

2015 Rockets went as far as JSmoove and Brewer took em. End of 15 & 17 seasons were solely due to Harden quitting

18. dmoneybangbang

Seems like there's quite a few Rocket draft picks contributing in various ways across the league.

19. dmoneybangbang

Brooks, Landry, Lamb, Patterson, Morris, DMo, TJones, and Capela all with 12th being the lowest. I don't understand the weird expectations with the draft, as it seems like we consistently draft well enough to fill out our roster with contributors.

#1219 dmoneybangbang, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    roslolian likes this.
  20. jayfree

jayfree Member

We got eliminated by the Warriors the previous two years. The team that went to the Finals both years and won one. The Rockets have been right there over the past few seasons, just not even close to the Warriors league. Houston is battling the Spurs right now for 2nd best in the West and are just hoping the Warriors have an injury when it counts so they can sneak in.

Role players like Beverley are nice if you want to continue getting to the playoffs and have a 2nd round exit, but they will never sustain a full season of getting you wins and buckets. You need a true 2nd and 3rd option for that.

I personally think next year is a wash too regardless of who we pick up as a FA. I would rather stock pile our picks and players and make moves for 2018-19 season.