1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans sign LB Thaddeus Gibson & WR Juaquin Iglesias to the practice squad

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Jet Blast, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

#1 Jet Blast, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Welp...Jacoby its been fun bro!!!

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Musical chairs going on...

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Anderson gone too? Damn, heads are rolling.

Wait... Thaddeus Young?

[​IMG]

5. cardpire

cardpire Member

somebody please explain to me with a reason better than "he's done" or "he is a cancer" why they wouldn't attempt to bring in randy moss, then cut him after a week or so if he causes problems/sucks.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

It's Thaddeus Gibson. Former Ohio St LB/DE. 4th round pick of the Steelers in 2010.

7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

8. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

Thanks. All fixed now.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

So give you a reason other than he's washed up and he is trash in the lockerroom?

Well gee, I guess aside from his performance and his personality I can't think of a reason not to sign him!

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Lol, that's what I thought too. How many more reasons are there? He's a washed up diva who pouts and quits on his team when things don't go his way. How will that help our team in any way, shape, or form? Not to mention, we need receivers who run ROUTES....not sprint up the sideline every single play.

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not to mention, does the guy even want to play?

12. cardpire

cardpire Member

he is either washed up, or didn't try last year. if it's the latter, and he is willing to attempt to prove people wrong, what is the downside in giving him a chance for a week or two?

and apparently mason is washed up too (possibly even a cancer in the locker room with the jets!). do you honestly think randy moss isn't better than every wr on our roster minus andre right now?

so, back to the drawing board for you.

13. cardpire

cardpire Member

rumor has it that he would. dollars to donuts the texans didn't bother finding out though.

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

a headcase who hasnt played football in how long? who is scared to run across the middle of the field...who doesnt run block (psst, texans are a running team).

and on top of that, of all places, why would he come to the texans?

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What do you mean give him a chance to prove people wrong? He is so eager to prove people wrong that after quitting and tearing up multiple teams last year he up and retired when the season ended. It's not like he tried to get a job and was passed on, he turned in his papers and quit on the league.

I don't recall anyone saying Mason was washed up. He did not fit into the Jets offense obviously and hasn't looked good with HOFer Mark Sanchez.

As for whether Moss is better than everyone minus Andre, sure, talent wise I think he is. That doesn't matter though when it became painfully obvious that he didn't want to play. His bad attitude coupled with his career long penchant for not running routes makes him a horrible fit for the Texans offense.

16. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Forget Moss, if the other 31 teams haven't even bothered contacting him then that should be a tell tale sign.

Maybe Juaquin can be our hero, he'll stand by us forever, he can take our breath away.

1 person likes this.
  17. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

To all the girls we've loved before
    Who travelled in and out our doors
    We're glad they came along
    We dedicate this song
    To all the girls we've loved before

18. cardpire

cardpire Member

31 teams aren't desperate nor do they go into seasons allegedly hoping to contend, yet run kevin walter and jacoby jones onto the field despite having a brittle #1 wr.

19. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

thats all u had to say... All the other stuff has been said since 95... still has a HOF career though...

20. cardpire

cardpire Member

oh, well since you say so, or since that's the story that you choose to believe, i guess this case is closed.

i guess i can say that moss OBVIOUSLY didn't fit into the titans or vikings offense last year and obviously hasn't looked good with HOFer Rusty Smith and an injured/worthless shell of brett favre.

once again, where exactly can i find a good answer to the original question "What would be the harm in attempting to bring him in, and cutting him if he doesn't give him everything they want out of him?"