1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Streaming sites like Sopcast?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DavidRocket, Oct 4, 2010.

1. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Ok, I am pretty much doomed since I have Dish network. This Fox dispute can go either way. I remember watching games off of SOPCAST in the past.

Does anyone know if this is still possible? If not, please let us DISH customers know of any other online streaming (good quality) avenues that we can use for watching Rockets games live throughout the season.

Any in HD? Thanks!

2. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

atdhe.net

You won't need to download software like you would for Sopcast

3. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

like other said atdhe.net

but its not HD quality, if you want HD quality, LP broadband is the choice, but if you live in Houston then I think

4. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I found a new tool on one of the download sites I frequent... it has all the different viewers in one application.

It's called Readon TV/Movie/Radio Player ... you should be able to do a search for it. As far as I can tell it has no adware or malware attached to it.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

atdhe.net
    ilemi.com
    channelsurfing.net

are the 3 I routinely use. They occasionally have an HQ link, but it is not often.

6. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

This is interesting. So you are able to get FS Houston feeds on this consistently?

How's the quality?

7. da_juice

da_juice Member

Are the streams on the above sites available for people outside of the Houston area?

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. I think pretty much available to people all over the world.

9. da_juice

da_juice Member

Okay, I'll be sure to try these out during the season. I know some websites will limit online streaming to a certain region.

10. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone know how much NBA league pass will cost this year? I would lime to watch the games live this season.

11. Turpis

Turpis Member

Veetle is great but they don't show many games. Readon TV (as Hayesfan said) is one of the best out there. Try Myp2p.eu too.

Lemme say, nothing beats League Pass Broadband. I think for US citizens it's 108$ still waiting for price for International League Pass... About blackouts i think someone mentioned they blackout by billing address not by IP. Have a friend from other city buy buy you the account, you just wire 'em the money.

12. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

not sure, but I would like to "lime" games live this year also :grin:

1 person likes this.
  13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Depends on your provider. I believe Dish, Direct Tv, and AT&T are all 139 before November 3rd. I have Time Warner and they are charging 169 I believe. Just make sure you purchase it before then or it goes up even more. It just sucks that they can charge that much but wont even let you see a months worth of preseason games. Pretty ticked about that one.

14. Makin It Rain

Makin It Rain Member

What do you mean you are doomed for having Dish, is Dish not having the Rockets' games this season

15. Makin It Rain

Makin It Rain Member

Nevermind is see a thread on this

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

4 payments of $29/per.

17. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Well, I called them a couple of times in the past week (including last night), and they always give me the same shpeal.......

"We are currently still trying to work out a solution with Fox....."

"We do not want Fox to raise prices and charge our customers more...."

Blah blah.....I am locked in for another 20 months so as much as I love the Rockets, my financial constraint due to the impending penalties for breaching early is very real to me. I have no choice but to assume the worst case scenario and explore online streaming options.

I don't think Dish will work it out in the end. Just my opinion of course.

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

19. smasstastic

smasstastic Member

There is a chance that if you live around Houston, NBA league pass will blackout rockets games. I hope not.

20. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How is the quality of league pass? It doesn't seem like that bad of a deal right now.