1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Strategies and ideas for combating hair loss

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by aussie rocket, Jul 4, 2016.

1. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

The only strategy that I use to combat balding is shaving my head once every other day.

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

This is one approach ...

[​IMG]

3. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

At you age testosterone levels drastically start to fall off. You can get a testosterone level checkup with your Doc if you have not already and also get a mineral deficiency test while your at it so you can supplement what you don't have if you don't want to change your lifestyle to compensate.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Start taking finasteride or spironolactone. You might also start transitioning into a woman, but you will keep your hair ;).

And speaking of that follicular unit transplant technique it looks like the poker player Daniel Negraneu had it done or maybe he had a worse procedure done. He has hair now, but it doesn't look right.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'm 23 and already going bald hard. I'd kill to have hair until 30.

Finasteride didn't work for me, took it for a couple months and starting growing ugly man t*tties. Been off it for almost a year now and my t*** are still larger than normal and have only slightly subsided. Guess I ****ed myself for life.

6. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Embrace the 5-head.

B-Bob likes this.
  7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Interesting, I've never heard of this before with Propecia...which I took for a while. Might try some bench presses to firm that area up!

8. SuraGotMadHops

If you're thinning overall on top, hair building fibers like Toppik does wonders if applied correctly. It doesn't regrow new hair but it makes your hair look much thicker.

9. Surfguy

Is that what "Hair Club for Men" uses?

10. SuraGotMadHops

I don't think so, I always thought Hair Club was basically a toupee service.

11. Surfguy

I saw a commercial last night where they were inserting some type of I think artificial hair follicles while twisting it around existing real hair follicles (or their sprouts) in your head. So, I guess instead of one follicle/sprout...you end up with multiple coming out of one. I was like WTF while watching it but whatever. It's a strand-by-strand implanted toupee I guess.

Surely, there are only 5 years left until they start rolling out a way to regrow hair in humans. I know the mice are regrowing it.

12. SuraGotMadHops

I was reading about that, the plan is to hold on the best I can until that technology gets here

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

My buddy uses some spray paint stuff on his head. Actually does a decent job hiding his bald spot.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

My hair starting to thin and my uncle displays a future I'm not jiving with.

Hopefully the tech for harvesting some stem cell babies for me to slather on my head will roll out soon.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Compensate with a sports car.

jboslett likes this.
  16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The only option you have is hair transplants. If there were any cheaper options, guys all over the world would be all over that. Hair transplants is the proven thing that works.

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Im sorry for your losses. My hair and libido arent going anywhere anytime soon. Sickkunt 4 life.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dollar shave club.

DD

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

You don't need to shave it down to the skin. Trim it very short, but leave enough coverage to hide your pale, gnarly, misshapened scalp. Paired with a sports car, people won't even notice.

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

Man, ever since I posted in this thread hair loss ads are popping up. try one of those.