1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Yes, yes, and yes. I have taken a seat.

Sajan likes this.
  2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

No need to apologize! I took a gamble on it, my earnings on that one option that went through still had me way positive from your DD/chart work. I tried to low bid so was only 1 option again @ 0.15. Seriously can't blame you at all. I was surprised by volume too, but it happens.

I really appreciate you posting any ideas, I am going to continue to do the same and hope you do too. We all know how trading goes, so I hope you and others continue to share. And seriously don't be discouraged or anything on sharing, I won't ever call anyone out on being wrong on free tips. I might joke around with people on a few (USO ones...) Haha, but won't be mad at anyone's tips/plans, especially if I choose to play them and won't ever call someone's plan stupid, I mean I'll try to help if I see something or catch news but won't make fun of anyone, in the end it's all about us hopefully making money. I mean I'm not paying you as my financial advisor and if stock trading was easy we'd all be doing it full-time.

I hope we all continue to discuss stuff. I know it helps me, one thing on stocks is you pretty much never stop learning.

I think the title here for this thread should be - possibly great stock plans but not financial advice, haha, then we wouldn't have to post - not financial advice etc every time.

And again really don't worry about it, like if I bought 15k in options or something and lost it, that's on me and not you, so don't worry! I definitely enjoy chatting with everyone here and like your thoughts on charts/setups. And again I've been trading so I've seen this, everything looks perfect pr/volume/external factor screw us. It happens

3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah it happens, I'm sure you'll make it back, that's one thing nice on the stock market is tomorrow is a new day. And I've done the exact same thing. Greed is good, haha, but we just have to be less greedy than the others. I can't remember what I got burned badly on recently but it sucked. I basically just move on and continue to learn.

4. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Yea the AMZN stink was rubbing off on my Visa trade. They beat earnings and had a nice spike and then when AMZN crashed Visa dropped. I took off some of the Visa shares I had with a nice gain and then gave back a little on the remaining shares. I came out a little in the positve on the shares. Very happy that I didn't carry those options overnight when they spiked for me a few minutes before the closing bell.

CCity Zero likes this.
  5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

on a side note I'm glad I wasn't in any major pre-market/open positions that needed to be closed. Haha, I typically get up early for PM without even an alarm lately - like out of habit - but today... got up way after open, my normal alarm didn't go off either. If this was yesterday that would have hurt, so I'll take missing plays/action over missing money that's guaranteed and then lost any day.

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, I love options but man, you're absolutely right, have to really watch it on ERs coming up for big players and then bleeding over into your guaranteed money on your current options.

I do the same thing on options. You can always re-enter an option but on some they can basically become dead overnight. Obviously I'll hold long ones that are way out but when it's close to expiration or a very short plan, I'd rather just take the profit unless I know/plan something that'll spike it. It's certainly better being itm than getting up ready to play PM and being stuck while the markets closed. Knowing your money is basically evaporating to dead options. Can go from thousands+ to dollars on some just overnight. Obviously we can't plan for everything but for the stuff we can that's when it's good to just move on

7. Sajan

Sajan Member

Is anyone getting in on WTRH action?

buddy thinks it’s going to $2-4..
    Was hovering around 1.10 for the longest now picking up steam...

8. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Been hearing good things lately about them. Earning report coming out I believe on the 13th. Should be finishing up their atm soon. Finally outed the last member of bitesquad and it’s basically whole new team running it. Partnering up with some Walmart’s for delivery. Hopefully it does something.

CCity Zero and Sajan like this.
  9. Sajan

Sajan Member

When’s the ATM?

10. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

I believe it started sometime this week. Not sure if it’s done yet or still going on.

11. Sajan

Sajan Member

"As of April 15, 2020, we sold 8,768,186 shares of our common stock under the Sales Agreement for gross proceeds of approximately $12.2 million.
    we may offer and sell up to $25,000,000 of our shares of common stock from time to time through Jefferies acting as agent."

So def half is done...the other half might be too by now..

CCity Zero and BmwM3 like this.
  12. thegary

Hmmm, thinking to sell MSFT and add to TSLA and AMZN...
    Thoughts?

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Elon just responded :

14. thegary

Yes, he is crazy

fallenphoenix likes this.
  15. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

He was hacked apparently.

Edit: maybe not. He's definitely a character.

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

He’s done it in the past in reference to mar1juana and the price hitting $420. He’s odd. Lol.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

how is that not another SEC fine?

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

probably had a bit too much to smoke

CCity Zero likes this.
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He is definitely the person we need. Perhaps he's like a cool/smart Donald Trump.

CCity Zero likes this.
  20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, but it's kind of hard to invest in a stock when the guy in charge randomly could come out and basically say it's not a stock to buy. lol.

CCity Zero likes this.