1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Very nice play on this.

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I agree with you, I still think it will fall but it's been pretty interesting to see in comparison to the housing crash for example.

Like I don't think the feds will be able to maintain this especially as earnings/small business/jobs are lost, but then I wonder if it's rushed (the reopening of everything) if we will get what this article describes as a 2nd wave of the virus like other countries are experiencing, and then it's also concerning since a lot of people won't be rushing to go out regardless (if no vaccine). I really don't know how these stock market guys can state what they are ie "it's all good", but obviously their motives are far separated from the rest of us and reality.

adoo likes this.
  3. astros123

astros123 Member

That's fake news bro. There is still plenty of storage worldwide for oil. There's currently still 420 million barrels that can be stored on supertankers alone. The IEA will additionally be buying another 200 million barrels and we still have another 75 million left in our SPR. India is also said to be buying off the market at spot price to fill up their reserves as well.

Don't listen to all those bullshit investment banks like GS telling you it'll go to zero. These fkers are always bearish when commodities are cheap so they can fill up their pocketbooks first. When oil was 50 bucks back in December they were telling everyone oil was going to all-time highs (https://marketrealist.com/2019/12/oil-prices-outlook-goldman-sachs-sees-new-high/) and getting everyone to buy oil. They make money by getting people to buy high and sell low. They don't give two ***** about me or you. Investment banks are the scummiest people on the face of the planet.

Oil will be trading at 40-45 dollars by EOY. You won't see oil under 25 dollars for decades.

#9323 astros123, Apr 13, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    Sajan and saitou like this.
  4. Sajan

Sajan Member

So I have MSFT stock I bought in sept at 138.
    Any advice on what to do? Saw it run up to almost 190 pre corona, drop to 135, now it's been 155-165 the last 2 weeks.
    Should I sell before earnings? Buy options?

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

The more I get into investing, the more I realize how much bullsh** is being spread by the investment banks and analysts. Of course they want the general investor to do the wrong thing so they themselves can benefit.
    It's like cereal companies saying breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

6. adoo

adoo Member

i am not qualified to give advise on stocks.

i've owned MSFT since when Bill Gates was the co's chief technical officer. know the co well.
    i generally rent my stocks out by selling covered calls. and when i see a definitive up trend developing, i buy calls and sell put spread.

CCity Zero likes this.
  7. adoo

adoo Member

not really, but NFLX is a breakout, supported by heavy volume, a classic Cup-With-Handle formation, https://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui, as per William O'Neal of Investor Business Daily
    [​IMG]

CCity Zero likes this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, you don't believe Goldman Sachs, but keep in mind you're also taking advice from random dudes on a basketball forum about "investing". :D

#9328 Dr of Dunk, Apr 14, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    arkoe likes this.
  9. astros123

astros123 Member

Well those random dudes aren't trying to sell him on some bullshit or scam him out of his money. Investment banks are the scummiest people in the world. Dont forget just last year Deutche bank got caught money laundering for the Russian Mafia over 20 billion dollars (https://www.theguardian.com/busines...ion-over-20bn-russian-money-laundering-scheme) .

Or lets not forget last year when GS tried defrauding the Malaysian government over a billion dollars either ( https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/09/business/1mdb-goldman-sachs-malaysia.html ). I can do this all day long. I was a finance major and interned at all the major investment banks and realized how scummy they all were. This led me to open my own business which was the best decision of my life. I would never trust those "analyst" or investment banks for ****.

Sajan likes this.
  10. adoo

adoo Member

sbux has climbed up to 74, retracing ~2/3 of the COVID 19 peak-to-trough decline.

• just rolled up the Apr credit spread to a May 75/70 put spread; in the process, collecting more premium;
    • the front leg of the 75 call calendar will likely be in-the--money by apr expiration,
      • just rolled it up to a may 80 CALL, morphing the calendar spread to be a diagonal call spread; in the process, collecting a tad more premium
      • meanwhile, the back leg of the then-calendar spread, Jan 2021 75 CALL, has > doubled since mid Mar

#9330 adoo, Apr 14, 2020
  11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

So, anyone buy that Tesla calls example? Hahah, damn it... I knew I didn't want to gamble on Monday for what I expected to be a slow run up (on a Friday call) since they're undervalued per reports and getting nice pr.. But holy ****... I should have just followed the money.

#9331 CCity Zero, Apr 14, 2020
  12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I made a value bet on PFE 36.50 call at open yesterday ... In profit but expires 4/17, watching closely but hoping for a quick up of 1-3 I don't recommend it now but was interested in garbage news play/straight up value bet

#9332 CCity Zero, Apr 14, 2020
  13. Sajan

Sajan Member

Made 3 plays today.
    SONN (500, +8.5%), AIKI (720, +11.7%), IMMP (-150, -5.2%).

Not bad for a days work. Makes me feel better about USO bending me over thus far. Need that to climb back up to break even. geez.

#9333 Sajan, Apr 14, 2020
    CCity Zero likes this.
  14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

USO is tough bet, man.. I have cheap calls on gamble but need longer out and maybe not even USO. Nice plays on others. I screwed up early on NURO entry on Friday.... Doing Great, hahah, giving up free money...

15. Sajan

Sajan Member

I am just being patient with oil for now.

CCity Zero likes this.
  16. adoo

adoo Member

i constructed this play on TSLA options, 4-17-2020 expiration.

sto 740 put
    bto 735 put
    placed a limited order at $2.5, got hit

so, the worst case scenario for me is breakeven,
    i expect TSLA to close in the 750s;
    if true, the credit spread will be worthless at expiration and i get to keep the $2.5 premium collected

CCity Zero likes this.
  17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I think oil is a great bet regardless, just have to be patient like you mention. Look up nuro, haha, I entered 1.05 and was burnt out last week and left at 10-15%+ .... Haha, that's why I cutout early on Thursday really topped off bad week, leading into new week.

I always try to follow rules/emotions but that hurt on plays.... Up is up... But yeah.... Great job on my part, haha - NURO 5.81

#9337 CCity Zero, Apr 14, 2020
  18. adoo

adoo Member

correction, the worst case for me is a loss of $2.5

CCity Zero likes this.
  19. Sajan

Sajan Member

TSLA is out of control. 100% return in a month...

CCity Zero likes this.
  20. adoo

adoo Member

thus, the PUT credit spread to define my risk

CCity Zero likes this.