1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen Jackson- How much trouble are the Warriors in?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

2. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Those are the most grandmotherly glasses I've ever seen.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Well are you going to tell us how much trouble are they in?

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Can some one explain to me why everyone thinks Utah is a bad match up for the Rockets all of sudden? Rockets swept Utah in the regular season 4-0. 3 of the wins were with Gobert and when they were playing their best basketball.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Because of Harden's game 6. It will alway be because of game 6 until Harden gets to the WCF while playing well.

6. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Does Stephen Jackson just hop back between ESPN and FS1? He was on The Jump all of last week and no here he is on Unscripted.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

@vlaurelio thoughts?

Snow Villiers and vlaurelio like this.
  8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's not so much that I fear the Jazz. I just think they'd be tougher than the T'Wolves or Nuggets(or Spurs sans Kawhi). The arena formerly known as the Delta Center(I can't be bothered to memorize its new name) is a very tough place to win. And they're a terrific defensive team. Let's not forget that one of those wins over the Jazz this season took an unbelievable 4th quarter run by the Rockets.

Don't get me wrong. The Rockets will beat Utah in the playoffs. But I don't want them to be beat up and exhausted as they move onto the next round.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I thought he already got to the finals while playing well?

s3ts, Louka and Patience like this.
  10. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

This. There is little reason to believe that anyone poses a real threat of beating us in the 1st round. However, the physical exertion required to beat some of these teams are higher than the others. The Jazz provide the most physicality of the lower half teams and I would like to avoid them. Would love if Warriors have to beat the Jazz and Blazers to get to us.

da_juice likes this.
  11. houston19519

houston19519 Member

I think one of those games was on a back to back - But if you watch the games; The Rockets have looked dominant vs them.

DreamShook likes this.
  12. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

This is the reason why I don't want the Rockets to have to face the Dirty Spurs

da_juice likes this.
  13. REEKO_HTOWN

I’m not agreeing with this bullshit theory. I’m just stating the obvious. Lebron was called a choker after the Heat lost to the Mavs. They said all the same things they are saying about harden. That “he quit” and “couldn’t handle the pressure”.

That’s just something Harden will have to finish off this postseason. We all agree that anything short of losing to a 100% healthy Warriors in less than 6 games would be disappointing, disastrous and a mark on Harden and Cp3.

vlaurelio likes this.
  14. MD_in_Training

I don't think any of them were saying that the Rockets won't win. They were just not convinced that we would sweep them, which isn't unfair. I rather not play the Jazz either. Obviously, the Wolves and Pelicans are easier opponents.

DreamShook likes this.
  15. wesbound

wesbound Member

Get over w/ that game 6 bs. We wouldn't be in the playoff if it wasn't for harden. Why not talk about game 1,2,3,4,5?
    This is a totally different team.
    Quit sounding like the typical dude that still brings up game 6 & harden's defense as a talking topic because that **** is old & clearly means the person has barley ever watch the rockets play this year.

mathor likes this.
  16. REEKO_HTOWN

Guess you were too lazy to keep scrolling down.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

So much fire spat in this thread already

Keep em cumin'

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets have had no problem beating the Jazz this season. That 4th quarter comeback to win by 21 just cements it, IMO. Harden is averaging 30+pts (buoyed by a 56pt game) against the vaunted jazz defense. Plus they traded Rodney Hood, the Rockets Killer.

Clint matches Gobert's production every time they play. Last game Rockets didn't even have Clint and still won by 10 playing Tarik at center against Gobert. Utah was also playing their best basketball.

I would be more afraid of KAT, or Jokic/Milsap than anything Utah has.

adw likes this.
  19. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

I think it was a Denver-Utah B2B. Both high altitude. In Feb.

20. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

This show is a joke. Skip bringing up that the OKC thunder beat the Rockets on Christmas day.. Does he not know Luc and CP3 didn't play and the Thunder had Roberson?...

RoyalGuard and adw like this.