1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Starter PF: PPat, Morris or Terrence Jones?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sean88888, Nov 11, 2012.

?

Starter PF: PPat, Morris or Terrence Jones?

1. PPat

60 vote(s)
    19.3%
  2. Morris

96 vote(s)
    30.9%
  3. Terrence Jones

155 vote(s)
    49.8%
  1. dje243

dje243 Member

AKA rebound city

2. Rocket_Man_2.0

Starters
    PG:Lin
    SG:Harden
    SF:Morris
    PF:Smith
    C:Asik

Bench:
    PG:White
    SG:Delfino
    SF:parsons
    PF:Dmo
    C:Aldrich

this would make things really interesting.:eek:

3. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

would be perfect

4. Rocket_Man_2.0

oops forgot T-Jones..now it's perfect:grin:

5. Sanity2disChaos

I HATE to admit it but Gasol would be a perfect fit....just not for the money it would cost to get him.....

6. Progs

Progs Member

Cody Zeller or LaMarcus ALdridge would be perfect with this team...

7. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

While Tjones doesn't have the experience like Patrick or even Morris does, he definitely brings the energy both of those other guys lacked. Patrick Patterson may be stronger than all of them but he doesn't play like he is.

Morris may be the best scorer but he can play both the SF/PF position and be a good hybrid. But Terrence Jones should be a starter over the rest of them simply because he brings the type of energy much needed on this team. He is long, powerful and athletic. He is quicker than the other two and he is willing to get down and dirty. So far, Jones has shown everyone he is able to go up and block shots and also run the floor. He can also step out and shoot the long jumper and handle the ball. He is young and only getting better at this point.

Patrick Patterson has been playing incredibly soft lately and has not made an impact on the offensive end. So why not give Jones a shot and see what he can do this early on.

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I like Morris as a potential 6th man scorer.

Jones to me fits the best with the starting rotation, since he doesn't need the ball as much.

I'm just not a fan of PPatt. He's an NBA player, but he needs to be more aggressive and physical.

9. jocar

jocar Member

I like a TJones switch with Smith (reserve). White as PG would be really fun to watch, just not sure if he can move quick enough to guard other pg's

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Pat is serviceable, but he can't post up. A starting NBA 4 should be able to post up. I like his defense, i like his mid-range game. He's a very good backup, but clearly not a starter.

Morris' problems are a little different. He needs to improve his defense and post game, but he excels at rebounding and shooting from the field. He's also outstanding cleaning up around the rim. He's a high energy player that would be outstanding in a 6th man role, but he's not a starter. He may prove to be at some point, especially if he bulks up a bit and works on the deficiencies in his game, but he's a backup right now.

So we have two backup 4's in the rotation. Jones can't seem to get off the bench. The reason why i'd rather throw him in the fire at the starting 4 spot is because, as someone pointed out, he doesn't need the ball to be effective (ala Morris), he's taller than the other two 4's, he provides badly needed shot-blocking (we are one of the worst in the league in that department), he can stretch the court, great ball handler, and i think he's the type of player that thrives in a role where he gets a lot of minutes vs limited minutes off the bench. i think he's more comfortable once he gets in the flow of the game. Lastly, what do we have to lose? He probably has more upside than the other two.

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I think Jones isn't playing right now to refine his technique and defensive rotations. He has been limited minutes so that he doesn't develop bad habits. A mistake in practice can be corrected immediately.

Morris has potential to be a starter. I do think he is working on his three point shot to become a stretch 4 or maybe even a three.

I think a best case would be either Jones or DMo developing into the starting 4 and Morris developing into a starting 3. I don't think think these guys are ready, yet for these roles. They may never be, but there is a very good chance one of them becomes a very good starter.