1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Spurs vs. Heat] Popovich resting starters

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Commodore, Nov 29, 2012.

1. errpac

errpac Member

Sorry my mistake

Sorry my mistake, I didn't mean to say curry is better than harden even though I did write it (wasn't thinking about what I was writing enough). I feel they are are very similar in level of skills. They both are different in their own ways and are both great players trying to reach elite status which they are getting close to but not yet. I love harden for being on the rockets and making the team better, though I feel he's having a bit of a down year so far due to injury and I hope as the season prolongs he shows us a bit of his stuff from last season and then some, to show us he's also improving. As far as curry's goes I do give him a bit of an edge over harden on having more killer instinct and clutch, which is what I hope harden improves on. But curry is also very injury prone and I hope both of those guys have healthy careers.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Duncan is scoring 14ppg and Ginobody 11. At some point we should stop making a big deal about resting the "star trio" and maybe even accept that the rest are not scrubs

3. Outlier

Outlier Member

Lol if those Spur role players were on any other team, yes they would be scrubs.

4. heypartner

Hyperbolic post is hyperbole. Why do you even bother to engage me about your beloved Spurs

5. Outlier

Outlier Member

Because you're so heavily bias when it comes to the Spurs, it's funny you give them credit for nothing.

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Exactly.

As long as they are on the bench watching, it's no problem at all. If he flies them home it is something of a statement...

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

The spurs system absolutely deserves credit, but TBH Diaw and Bellineli made some incredible individual plays that are completely atypical for them.

Is it that the system gives them the opportunity to display their individual strengths better than other teams or is it simply a question of confidence?

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Both. The Spurs are smart in which players they seek out for their team and putting them in roles that make them successful contributors. Take the same collection of players and put them on a different team and a different coaching staff, I don't think they'd be nearly as good.

9. heypartner

I guess Popovich the Wizard should consider resting his big 2 1/2 against the Rockets, but then again may he doesn't care. Because he's a wizard

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

$36 Million.

[​IMG]