1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sports talk personalities Kalu, Koch leave KILT 610

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets34Legend, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Maybe defecting to 790? Only one can hope....

http://blog.chron.com/sportsmedia/2012/03/sports-talk-personalities-kalu-koch-leave-kilt/

Talk show contributors and former NFL players Greg Koch and N.D. Kalu have left KILT (610 AM).

KILT program director Gavin Spittle said Friday that Koch and Kalu have both resigned from the CBS Radio station, where they contributed to the station’s Texans coverage and its talk shows.

“We appreciated the time they were here,” Spittle said. “We have been fortunate to build a large staff, and with that will come departures. And with departures comes rebuilding, and we are excited about our future.”

Koch, a former lineman at Spring Woods and Arkansas who played with the Packers, Dolphins and Vikings, works as a lawyer. Kalu, who played in the defensive line for San Antonio Marshall, Rice University and for the Eagles, Redskins and Texans in the NFL, is in the real estate business.

Kalu did not elaborate on his future radio plans, and Koch could not be reached for comment.

2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Love Koch on the air. The defections continue

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The defecations also continue.

4. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Yup. Every day from 3-6

5. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

IMO Kalu was their best guy and Koch was pretty good too but he kept referring to Josh Anus as "bestie"

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think I am more in favor of the two or more format than the one man show
    that said. .. Kalu would be great anywhere from 11am-7pm

Him and Lance doing all football from 10-12 would be nice

Rocket River

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Two football guys resigning from AM610 which is 90% kept in business because they are the flagship station for the Texans. Interesting.

As pathetic as 610 is, where is better place for these two?

8. hairyme

hairyme Member

WAY TO GO RICK SMITH!!11 WORST OFFSEASON EVAR!!

1 person likes this.
  9. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

clearing salary cap room for olberman to replace vandy?

10. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Wow.

610 is really on a downward spiral. The only thing that saves Barry Warner from being my least favorite sports radio host ever is Josh Innes, who I absolutely will not listen to. If they weren't the flagship stations for the Rocks, and Texans I wouldn't listen to the at all (well maybe Johnny Mac).

If 790 could add K & K, and get rid of the "unMighty Gwinn" that would be just about perfect. DG could go to 610. He fits with the other personalities there.

11. RedRaiderRocket

Kalu and Koch apparently will move to KBME (790 AM), said a person with knowledge of the situation.

Kalu did not elaborate on his future radio plans, and Koch could not be reached for comment.

Neither Eddie Martiny, Clear Channel Houston’s president and market manager, nor Bryan Erickson, the company’s AM operations director, returned telephone calls seeking comment.

R.I.P. 610

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

610 will be fine. There a PLENTY of ex-football players to take their place. 610 has the Texans for at least TEN more years. They are #1 BY FAR in sportstalk. They have no worries.

13. conquistador#11

hey! We really don't need natives from the state of Texas who actually know what the hell they're talking about when it comes to our teams. What we need are more unemployed outsiders from the east coast!

14. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Very excited about something coming at 790.Good things</p>&mdash; Lance Zierlein (@LanceZierlein) <a href="https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/185716843946840066" data-datetime="2012-03-30T13:15:20+00:00">March 30, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Because you can equate anything to wrestling.

If Kalu and Koch were wrestlers, which nWo member are they?

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I can't listen to most ex (or current) footballers on the radio because they are pretty bad. Kalu and Koch were both very good and listenable. When channel surfing, I would stay tuned to 610 when they were on.

610 will be fine by default because of the Texans but their lineup is sorry. I couldn't care less about how well they do. The main thing is for 790 to remain solid and improve.

1 person likes this.
  17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

maybe they will have a night show, but I like Big Baby Glenn Davis.

18. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Reminds me, this weekend I really enjoyed listening to Calvin Murphy on 610. He was on for nearly an hour and I wanted more. I really hope he spends more time on 610, would make things a lot better IMO.

19. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

20. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Glad to see these two heading to 790. I love Kalu. He was by far my favorite 610 host. I haven't gotten much of a chance to listen to Koch, but what I have heard I liked.

Here's to hoping they are moving Gwinn out of the midday time slot and these two (or one of the two with someone else) in.