1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Spears] Rumor: Harden told MDA during Game 6 we need to dump CP3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Dec 6, 2019.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'm not sure it's that simple. While I highly doubt that Harden would say anything like that to MDA during a game, I can imagine him saying it to Morey sometime in the days after.

It was obvious to all of us (or should have been) that something was wrong after CP3 returned from his injury last year. Sure, the team played well enough to come within a Nuggets tank job of the #2 seed, but this was not the well-oiled machine from the previous season, and chalking it up to the loss of Ariza and Luc is missing the bigger picture. CP3 absolutely did not look like himself during the season and for most of the playoffs.

I personally think that because Harden started balling out of his mind when CP3 was injured, it created friction once the two were playing together again. It almost seemed (my perception, obviously) that CP3 was saying, "Okay, you were spectacular, but now I'm back and you need to settle down and let's make this duo work again" while Harden was saying, "Dude, I've been carrying this team, it's your job to find a way to fit back into this new style we've adopted while you were out."

By the time the playoffs rolled around, these two seemed to want the team to play two different and conflicting styles, depending on who happened to have the ball. The year before, they were more cohesive during the time they shared the court. There was definitely tension between them long before that Warriors series.

OtisHerrera and BigShasta like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

How are they allowed to get away with this bullsh*t? These clowns love to gossip.

it must be so hard for players not to go off on these fools...I absolutely hate the media...players should treat them how Rasheed Wallace treated the refs

watch even more Harden slander arise from this unsubstantiated trash

BigShasta and Mathloom like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Harden wanted Chris gone. Whether it was during the game, after the game, during the summer ... who the hell cares.
    Now go stick your head in the sand and cry how the media hates the Rockets blahblahblah...
    And keep that same negative energy you got for Tilman for Harden (regarding this trade).

[O'Connor] Harden may have request trade from the Rockets if Chris Paul weren't traded...

#23 J.R., Dec 6, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    s3ts, BigShasta, Vivi and 1 other person like this.
  4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Well we traded CP3 and got Harden's buddy Westbrick and look how that turned out.

CK Johnson likes this.
  5. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Marc Spears lol next you'll tell me Nate Duncan and Sam Esfandiari confirmed the report

HP3 likes this.
  6. lionaire

lionaire Member

At one point, national sports media was quoting a tweet about "Harden's manboobs" made by an account named Barry McCockiner on live tv.

rgw20014life, D-rock and Nook like this.
  7. OKCRocket

OKCRocket Member

I posted what happened in another thread. Not this, cause I never heard of it, but why the Thunder traded for Russ. Harden told them too or he would demand a trade out.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I don't think that is an improper read of the situation and in fact I for the most part agree with it.

BUT....that does not mean that Harden wants CP out. I think at the end of the day, Harden wants TALENT added. Like Jimmy Butler ADDED to CP.

Harden understands to win you need top tier talent. I don't think having some friction is as big an issue.

D-rock, lilbird20 and topfive like this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Where TF did you hear that?

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

I don't buy it being this dramatic. the rockets were clicking after the AS break. they were both top 5 in defense and offensive rtg and finished what 20-5. going into the playoffs, they had every reason to have their heads held high as a team. they took care of business against utah. then low and behold the 1 team that's been standing in there way

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Those two aren't mutually exclusive. Harden could have wanted Butler and/or other talent added while also wanting prickly CP3 gone.

All of the involved parties have actually acted quite professionally since all of this went down. CP3 said he was surprised by the trade because Morey told him they likely wouldn't send him to OKC, and Morey said that was the plan, but things changed. Apart from that, nobody has thrown anyone under the bus. Yet. :D

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Or not.

D-rock, lilbird20 and topfive like this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

How bout you post what TUCKER AND RIVERS SAID YOU FAKE ASS NEWS BOT OR WHAT TIM MACMAHON REPORTED

D-rock likes this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

But CP3 was not up to his usual standards all year. We talked about it incessantly here on CF. Most chalked it up to age having caught up to him quickly, but I don't buy that the drop-off was due to Father Time. I think Harden's emergence as an all-time great scorer changed the complexion of the team and CP3 wasn't thrilled with the result.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I believe it. Harden is notoriously passive aggressive.

Vivi and J.R. like this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

Not to mention Morey himself even said James wanted both Westbrook and Paul on the team.

17. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

How many cameras were at that game? We should be able to find some kind of evidence of this. Only two people would know if it's true and be able to spread that rumor.

I will say that I don't have any doubt that Harden pressured the Rockets to trade for Westbrook. The price they paid for a player that didn't fit their philosophy at all and whose primary benefit was being friends with their star player... pretty strong evidence in my opinion. No way Daryl coughs all that up for Westbrook without outside pressures.

s3ts, Deuce, Richie_Rich and 11 others like this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

the rockets lost. of course cp3 isn't going to be thrilled haha. im glad he wasn't

19. foggy94

foggy94 Member

In fairness Morey did say that James asked him if there was a way they could get Russ and keep Chris.

20. HP3

HP3 Member

I think it had a lot more to do with adding Westbrook than getting rid of Paul.