1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Nick Young was offered for a 2nd rounder: Morey denied

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 9, 2016.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

100% agree lol

They have to stay in the top 3 in order for them to keep there pick.

Might as well do it.

Swagger p and Lou will are not long term answers for them.

If we could pull that trade off we would have one of the sickest guard rotations in the NBA all those guys but bev can score 20pts every night.

One guy with harden would def get 20 a game and that's all we need.

DonKnock, bilaal14 and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  2. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

FO SHO! Call Morey and have him get on it right now!!!

3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

We are 1-2 against the Grizz. In 2 losses we scored 105, 109. In the win, we scored 119. That's not great offense by our standards and the Grizz eat our bigs alive when they are on offense.

4. ARA71197

ARA71197 Member

Lou Williams?

DonKnock and Plowman like this.
  5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

While I like the idea JBC, my bet/hope is that Brewer's contract becomes a facilitating piece in a bigger deal...which the first could go into.

D-rock likes this.
  6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bring it!

DonKnock and roslolian like this.
  7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

WWMD - - what will Magic do? Hours into his tenure, what will Earvin do earn his keep? Ah, this - - the Lakes need to tank to keep their pick. Tough reality to start his tenure.

So, bid low? Or will E'M'J require a five-run grand slam???

8. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Didn't Magic openly call for the Lakers to tank a couple of years ago? He's not even subtle. With Gordon unable to play anything except "HORSE" Williams would be a good add.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

"Hello, Magic? This is Darnell Maori, and I'm about to make you look like a genius."

Three minutes of Murray Voodoo later, we have Lou Williams and they have Corey Brewer.

As soon as he hangs up, Magic smacks himself on the forehead, then makes another call. "Hey, Jeannie, we need that new GM ASAP."

D-rock, saleem, BigggReddd and 8 others like this.
  10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

And both loses were close games.

We also had double digit leads in both the loses.

Gasol if not a banger down low and zbo shoots a lot of jumpers nowadays.

The thunder with kanter eat us alive down low More than Memphis.

In one loss at Memphis they shot an uncharacteristicly great 52% from three and the other game Tony Allen scored 20+ points on 80% shooting, and we shot extreamly bad. those are two things the grizz can't count on to win against us.

Not to mention in both the losses Capela did not play an either game and he's by far are best rebounding defensive big.

Memphis doesn't worry me I hope we play them or the thunder 1st round and tbh If we handle are business we won't play Utah at all because even if they do get out the first round against the clips (which I doubt they do) they would play the Warriors in the 2nd round.

11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I hope you're right, but the officials already let Memphis get away with murder on the defensive side of the ball. They grab, hold, elbow. It will get even worse in the playoffs. I think most of Harden's struggles in the playoff are because of the different way he is officiated. Since Capella went out we have struggled against anyone that is strong inside. Hawks, Jazz, Heat, Grizzlies. It will only get worse in the playoffs.

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

But when Capela came back we beat Memphis by 24 on the second night of a b2b at there house.

Look it's the playoffs I don't think the officials call things different I just think you play better teams which play better defense.

Harden still gets to the line a lot in the playoffs it's basicallly the same amount give or take a ft more or less depending on the series.

13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

i'd rather have lou williams.

14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Stunting like I'm Lou will

Corey brew and a 1st

What a win

DonKnock likes this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

As I was saying... :)

Looks like I called this one. Now I'm an insider! WOOT!

RocketsTerps and Plowman like this.
  16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Sorry, no way on the refs. Harden is absolutely mugged in the playoffs. But again, hope you're right. Capella has sucked on defense since his return. Hopefully, he'll get his legs back. Beverly also has been back to playing matador defense, probably tired or hurt or both. Hope Sweet Lou Williams can give him some rest.

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I can't deny what your saying I think the refs do allow my point physical play but I also think they let them just play bakstball.

You have to remember it's a 7 game series teams game plan for you and you only. Plus these are the 8 best teams form each confrense so naturally they have more talented players on both sides.

Eventually harden like every other great player will learn how to play Through this. Took Lebron to year 9 his second one on Miami. Steph curry still hasn't quite figured it out. Same can be said for KD.

I think and hope harden gets it done this year.

With Lou will here are scoring is insane.

We need Capela back playing like he was those 10 games before the injury when ppl were staring to wonder is he was getting close to being a top 10 center.

We get that guy back and we're a champship team. Not saying we can beat the Warriors but I wouldn't be scared of any other team in either conference.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

OMG OMG OMG OMG I WAS SO WRONG AND IM SO HAPPY!!!!

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

What did Russell do?

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Snitched. If he was on the wire he'd be in a vacant