1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So if poor people aren't being hurt by the president's policies then why...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by eddiewinslow, Sep 25, 2013.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

From my understanding banks don't charge the atm owner fees, but the atm owner pays a charge per transaction to the location where the atm is placed. It is a common vendor setup.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, opening up a dry cleaning store then is being an entrepreneur as well. I wouldn't call him one, and the word to me means some level of innovation. Anyone can open a lemonade stand and call themselves entrepreneurs.

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Eddie shows the mentality behind many of the folks who are resentful about the thought of an increase in minimum wage for fast food workers who work much harder than they do.

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Most of the capital came from daddy. Is daddy going to come after him? Very unlikely. I don't think he had too many risks plus he had connections. Based on what he said if you took a poor black kid and switched him with ew would he do any worse.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm sure rickywinslow's ATM mogul shtick is totally fabricated, but it's made for a pretty fun week in the D&D. You have to admit.

6. Major

Major Member

The lemonade stand owner is an entrepreneur. Entrepreneurship is simply business ownership - it doesn't really have any anything to do with innovation. It's more about risk-taking.

en·tre·pre·neur
    a person who organizes and operates a business or businesses, taking on greater than normal financial risks in order to do so.

You could certainly argue whether he really took any risks, though I give him the benefit of the doubt on that. If nothing else, you forgo the steady income of a job, so there is at least a bit of risk involved there.

7. ima_drummer2k

the answer many unemployed people give when asked what they do for a living.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

What a stupid, ignorant ass, entitled piece of shiet.

Have fun loading your uncle's ATM machines around town, monkey.

9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. ima_drummer2k

Where is our resident ATM mogul today? I was really looking forward to reading his posts. :(

11. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

To answer your question, I think we have to get to the root of the issue.... exorbitantly high ATM fees.

12. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

You're just mad he posted the Jerk photo first.

13. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Poor people are hurt by the rising cost of food and energy. These are controlled by the global market, not the government since we are a free market economy. The thing that politicians do have some control over, healthcare costs, they refuse to do anything about the status quo.

14. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Better still , just eat the poor .. Probably taste better than that test tube meat crap they'll try and force on us in the future .

15. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

What is your major malfunction, numbnuts? Didn't Mommy and Daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?