1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So are we just gonna ignore the fact that Jameis Winston is on pace for a 5,000 yard passing season

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by HardenTime, Sep 27, 2016.

1. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

This is the guy that ESPN, Bleacher Report, NBC Sports and nfl scout said not take with the number 1 overall pick. Right now all im hearing is Wentz, Wentz, Wentz. But Jameis is the youngest starting qb in the NFL despite being a sophomore and to be on pace for 44 td's and 4,955 yards passing is crazy

sophomore slump.. not for this kid

Winston top 10 in total qbr ahead of wentz, cam, russell wilson, and drew brees

http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

meanwhile Mariota is getting figured out( currently 30th among 31 qbs in total qbr), running qbs dont last long If the Bucs had the titans defense they would be 2-1

Notice nobody in in the media is talking about Jameis, but i promise you if he has a bad game againist the broncos this week. Watch how many vines are made about the kid

Winston is really John Elway 2.0

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. mick fry

mick fry Member

Comparing him to a white Elway is insulting. This kid Winston has no equals, best of all time! (Vince Young being a not so close 2nd)

#3 mick fry, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    DBrunk01 likes this.
  4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, since he is on pace for 4955 yards, your title is wrong.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't think anybody is really saying he's bad. He wont finish with 5,000 yards. And passing yards don't matter that much in the modern NFL - it can often be an indicator of a bad team.

Winston has EIGHT turnovers in 3 games. Protecting the football is arguably the most important aspect of the game.

He's just not doing anything that special right now IMO.

zeeshan2 likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So you're saying he's on pace for 42 turnovers this year?

7. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

Winston has to do it all for his team, his defense is last in points given up, last is 3rd down stops, his 2nd round kicker is a bust, last in yards allowed per game, the bucs have only created one defensive turnover in 3 games. This KID gets reamed hard on social media by every white person in america just like cam newton and still hold his head up high and play well is astonishing, can you imagine if winston were putting up stats like mariota. ESPN would be having a field day

8. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

white males want this kid to fail so bad, drew brees did the exact the same thing last night and nobody said anything. It was poor clock management by the bucs part, winston led them up and down the field againist one of the best defenses in the nfl. Jeff Fisher admitted to sending all of his dlineman to the endzone, if winston took off their he woulda got lit up and possibly injured he tryna sucker them, he did the right thing, but quinn came in

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL HardenTime, you're either a really funny troll, or a really racist person. I kind of hope you are just a troll. Anyway, it's time to stop feeding you kiddo.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Are you a Bucs fan? I do like Jameis; his weight loss has really helped him and Evans is one of my favorite WRs in the league. I think he's going to be really good but I don't see the need to start the thread

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

His shtick is that he's a fan of black QB's. What team they are on doesn't matter, only their race. It's either evidence of mental instability or a really weird troll job.

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

You are one of those dumb people.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Winston plays baseball. Dude is white. Lulz.

14. Major

Major Member

Sounds a lot like Andrew Luck, who you've repeatedly told us sucks because circumstances don't matter.

Maybe it's because Drew Brees is a HOFer with a Superbowl ring and a whole career of phenomenal seasons to give him some benefit of the doubt and credibility. Or maybe it's just because he's white.

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Winston is a solid young qb. Team is maybe a year away though. Would take him right now over Brock but that's not saying much

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

how stupid to bring race into this

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Not sure there are any young QBs that I would take over Jameis. Wentz had a nice start but Winston has shown me more.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

curious as to what that is. As a rookie Winston won 6 games and none of those were against teams with a winning record. Winston's numbers were very much the result of playing from behind and having to air the ball to catch up. This season has started the same way. He has a lot of potential and has good moments but compared to some of the other young QBs, he's not way above them as it sounds like here.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Winston is 1 year younger than Wentz and Wentz has had 3 games. Who knows if his play will continue. I did not see Wentz in college but I saw Jameis, I was impressed by his clutchness and his leadership. Winston has proven intangibles while Wentz is still an unknown.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

Not saying Wentz is already better by any means to be clear and its a completely different animal in the nfl. To me I don't think winston has proven much yet so we'll see how this year goes to see if he's any different