1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Skip Bayless] "I do not want my Spurs to face the Rockets in the 1st round"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Motiejunas, Mar 28, 2016.

1. anchel

anchel Member

OKC is a good matchup for Houston. But we would be swept, maybe win a game against SAS, GSW.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think the Rockets would give the Spurs a run. At least a hard fought 6 game series. If they are firing on all cylinders they can beat SA.

3. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

the thing about rockets is we have alot of wins vs .500 and above teams

only warriors spurs thunder have more wins vs .500 and above teams than the rockets in the west

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I actually think we'd have a decent shot at upsetting the Thunder. We've played them tight in all of the games this season. The same cannot be said of the Spurs, Warriors, or Clippers.

The Thunder are not that different from us. A lot of ISO ball and relying heavily on their superstars to create all their offense. Their advantage over us is that they have 2 vs our 1(well, that and they'd have home court).

5. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

As a test, I think this will help Morey/Les evaluate the team better if we vs the Spurs/Warriors in a series.

Why not vs one of the best teams in the NBA to start it off.

It can't hurt the team. IF we somehow beat them in a series... that would be incredible and could push the team to a title... but that ain't happening. (D12 playing for a contract tho?) Who knows...

Zergling likes this.
  6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

OKC still has really pitiful ball movement. It's just Durant and Westbrook and bunch of okay I received a pass from others. The isolation plays with those players is where Harden learned his total isolation approach at one point.

7. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I don't think this is that crazy, here's why:

First off, this team is hardly any different from the team that finished #2 last year and went to the WCF. What's different this year? No heart, bad chemistry, etc.?

Well, in regards to no heart, you'd think the team would at least give full effort for a playoff series. The Rockets play to their competition: they have similar records against 3 different tiers of teams based on W-L. They have beaten a lot of good teams this year, and have a good record against teams above .500.

If the Rockets come out on all cylinders, play hard, get some vintage 'playoff Dwight' performances, and play to their potential (note, Bayless said the Rockets could 'potentially' upset the Spurs), then I don't see why a playoff series couldn't be close. The Rockets have proved they can be good at times this season, and have proved they can be horrible at times. IF the good Rockets show up, then they may well be the most talented team in the 5-8 range of the playoffs.

At the very least, if I'm the Spurs or Warriors or Thunder I'd prefer to play the Jazz, Mavs, and likely even the Grizzlies or Trail Blazers then the Rockets based on sheer talent alone.

When it comes down to it the Rockets have 2, albeit flawed, superstars. If they can get their **** together for the playoffs and actually give a eff, they could scare a few teams.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Everyone agrees that Skip Bayless is the #1 most credible, insightful voice on the NBA, right?

Let's hope that his prediction still comes true!

9. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I can't think of many people who are less credible or insightful than Skip Baseless. Well, except for maybe that dude in the white house.

rocketman84 likes this.
  10. napalm06

Hmm, I wonder what Trump thinks of the Rockets - Spurs series. Anyone know?

11. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

He probably wants to know who the starting pitchers are before he makes his prediction.

12. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I like to see this series that we send TParker and Manure back to their country.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, he said this last year... he's probably flip-flopped 10 times since then for clicks.

Pen15clubber and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  14. napalm06

True - and he said this when Rockets were gunning for 8th seed. Which means this year we're the 3 seed, and a much bigger threat.

There's also this thread in 2013 where he said we'd beat the Spurs. LOL.

#134 napalm06, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Edit: wrong thread

16. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Manu ended up owning us. :(