1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Skip Bayless compares Harden's ASG performance to Spurs Game 6 Last Year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Feb 19, 2018.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

LeBron put in more effort in the ASG than he did for most of January for Cleveland.

#priorities

nomiz1987, hakeem94, RyanB and 6 others like this.
  2. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I thought Harden was fine, just missed his 3's

Obviously didn't go hard, which I would have liked to see. All star game was awesome

RyanB and Stormy1234 like this.
  3. smp

smp Member

Harden has reached the level now where he simply has to prove it in the playoffs. There’s nothing left to do in the regular season. He has to go through the same process that all the greatest players before him had to do. Even Jordan, Kobe, and LeBron were criticized and questioned about having what it takes.

The good thing is that Harden has that opportunity now.

4. SORF

SORF Member

I agree Harden is a smart and exploitive player. Not only can he adapt moves that challenge the rules, he sees the court and knows what is being set up on both ends of the court also...he has the "third eye".

People criticize Harden for not playing defense, but when these " basketball authorities" show his lack of defense, many times they show him not playing defense under the basket. Take for example Westbrook's drive to the basket from the left side and KD driving from the right to grab the lob from Westbrook for a dunk in the AS game. Harden saw it develop, so why give the dunk an "and one" with a foul? He lets it go and saves the foul for a better "odds" time...that is a smart player. Don't give extra points on a sure basket. Only a idiot like Bayless would think otherwise. Harden rarely wastes fouls.

As for the All Star game, you have 10 players all capable to take over a game. But what I saw with Harden's game was he was sacrificing most of his game to get Step teammates involved. Most of Curry's TOs came from trying to get the ball into the paint for the post players...one of his lobs was so high it looked more like a field goal attempt in football. It became evident that Harden needed to feed the paint players...which I expected. So if Harden 12pts, had 8 assists, he was responsible for an additional 16-24pt...Curry 11pts, had 5 assists and was responsible for another 10-15pt. On team LeBron, Irving 13pt had 9 assists...he was responsible for 18-27 additional pts. Westbrook 11 pts, had 8 assists...he was responsible for an additional 16-24pt. The only downside to Harden's game was he missed more shots. However, he also had 3 MVPs playing tough defense against him...3 of the top 5 players in the league. That's respect from the players...they didn't want Harden to go off.

So Skip, who really was the worst player in the game? If you look at the stats instead of the plus and minus, it was not Harden. Harden did his job...to get his team Step players their shots, even if Harden's shots were off. He did his job as a PG in an All Star game, not as franchise star. As I said before, "Skip, your hatred for Harden is showing".

IMO the laughing LeBron did at halftime happened because Harden was surprised by an unexpected double defense trap in the back court by both LeBron and KD...it resulted in a Harden TO. Harden had only 2 other TOs for the game. Trapping like that is more likely to occur at the end of the game instead at the end of the first half...as Curry experienced in the final seconds of the second half. So I didn't consider it dissing Harden...it was more like "gotcha". You weren't expecting that, were you?

I also agree with others here who believe Harden spent the weekend partying and it affected his game...I rather he let loose during the All Star game instead of the playoffs.

RyanB and smp like this.
  5. YallMean

YallMean Member

I don't really pay attention to people when they are clearly talking out of their minds. SMH.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. solid

solid Contributing Member

Common denominator? Likely out late partying which absolutely kills Harden's game.

7. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Did you guys see how he bowled in that PBA charity event? It reminded me of game 6. He was so hungover he forgot his bowling shoes.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. arubato

arubato Member

I’m actually happy that ASG is not Harden’s priority.

RyanB likes this.
  9. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Flip Bayless can suck a D. He has zero journalistic integrity.

Boom. Flip v Flip.

hakeem94 and TheRealist137 like this.
  10. valorita

valorita Member

My IQ dropped a couple points watching these idiots.

RyanB likes this.
  11. riko

riko Member

Nothing about Curry’s **** game. Yep harden should have went all out after just returning from a hammy strain in a all star break .

12. ballscientist1

Rip the Rockets?

Another day, another nba expert!

non-stop

snowconeman22 likes this.
  13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I can’t do this crap anymore. Reading the nba subreddit was so toxic today...now the crap with media members here is too much. I need a break

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I'm glad harden got drunk and was **** for this meaningless pickup game.

People just wants to **** on Harden at any given opportunity, don't even pretend anyone gave a two ***** about the all star game. There's no reason anyone should play hard for this

RyanB likes this.
  15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Skip is ten times the troll Kellerman will ever be

Does it effortlessly

RyanB likes this.
  16. DOYG86

DOYG86 Member

Probably true as well. Harden's beard isn't quite as home grown American as say Steph Curry's baby face.

RyanB likes this.
  17. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Probably took a stripper booty to the head the night before. Obviously the large mass caused a concussion.

J.R. and hakeem94 like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nice thinking there....

ps but i think its mostly beard... western civilization ppl hate to see beard..its offensive

19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

skip and kellerman should have a show together where they just agree on everything about the most dumbest ****in **** on the planet

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Harden showed up, Steph was god awful. Your opinion of this is god awful.