1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the Rockets call Mark Cuban and try to trade for Dirk?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jul 8, 2015.

Tags:
?

Should the Rockets trade for Dirk?

Poll closed Jul 18, 2015.
  1. Yes

135 vote(s)
    61.1%
  2. No

86 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

I hope Morey does his job tho and at least ask. Cubans reaction when he says Daryl Morey on the caller ID after this DeAndre debacle would be hilarious.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

How about we get a g-ddamn PG first? The Spurs just acquired a backup for Parker from the Kings for a 2nd round pick and we're sitting here with Bev as the only PG on the roster.

3. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Ya really think Cuban would allow Dirk to Houston...seriously?

4. Clown Baby

Clown Baby Member

Haha exactly, I'd pay to see the conversation between Morey and Cuban on this.

It makes a lot of sense, old man Dirk would be a perfect 4 to pair with Howard and Harden. He's still a monster in the halfcourt and would give us another shot creator beyond Harden, plus his ability to hit the outside shot would open up a lot of space for Howard inside.

But the Dallas-Houston rivalry is real, and I just can't see Cuban doing this. Atleast not right now in the off-season. I could see Cuban changing his mind a little bit during the middle of the season because of how much he respects Dirk. Still I'd put it at 0% in the off-season and 0.01% during the regular season

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

6. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

Not that he would listen to our offer...but what if we asked cuban for Devin Harris instead? I think he makes about 5 mil; we could give them k-pap.

I dont know much about Harris but Im sure his offense would help us and his defense wouldnt kill us because weve got Bev.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

OMG it would be the ultimate troll just to call and ask, yes please Morey do it!

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dirk is a rental for one or two years and there is bad blood between Cub and Maori.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

No way Cuban would ever trade Dirk to Houston, but since he would absolutely kill on our team, you have to take a shot.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They still got Wesley Matthews and super glamor recruiter star Chandsome.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I don't want to win a finals with terry and dirk... And then hear mavs fans say it took their old team to get Houston to the ring.

12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

not only this, but hell no! i 100% reather give dmo a chance to start and expect him to have another breakout year, much bette rthan last year since he played a lot of center, then with a bad back

13. AFS

AFS Member

Dirk being traded away from the Mavs would be almost as much of a travesty as those final Hakeem years we don't like to talk about. Cuban hasn't been shy about letting players go, but I think Dirk is the one player he has to keep.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think Cuban would do it...

If the trade was Harden for Dirk...but since the Rockets are not stupid then yeah, he'd sell the team before that happens.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

Dirk passed up a max offer from the Rockets out of loyalty to Cuban but Cuban hasn't rewarded Dirk's trust in him. If he can't build a final contending team for Dirk he owes it to Dirk to trade him to one.

16. Possum

Possum Member

Morey should do it out of spite.
    Ring Ring,
    Cuban - hello.
    Morey- hello mark, I couldn't help notice you guys got REJECTED by ANOTHER top FA big man. Since you can't seem to get any really good FA'S to co.e there I was wondering g if you would be interested in sending Dirk over here so he could find is his career on a good team. Hate to see him waste his last year's on a bottom dweller. Hello? Hello???? You there Mark????

Cuban - **** YOU MOREY!!!!!!!!:mad:

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I believe Morey asked Cuban about trading for Dirk after we got Dwight. He should do it again.

18. OpenLayup-Why3?

When I saw this thread I thought it was made to troll Mavs fans. Then I opened it and turns out it's a serious suggestion :D

19. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Dirk will never leave. Some of you guys need to understand this.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Morey should definitely troll Cuban asking for Dirk and while at it he should troll Portions on twitter asking him how that best 5/2 is going to work out or how that Mr GM / recruiter is working out for Parsons